"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Was Samoa Joe better off in the X Divsions (obviously we cant say that now since he's been pushed up, but I'm talking about before his ME push)

How Long before TNA goes out of business?

MVP/Carlito...the greatest midcard fued ever?

When if ever, will WWE go out of business?

Soulpower

ROH will have a show tonight in Dayton, Ohio with this card:

Steen and El Genercio vs Irish Ariborne

Gauntlet Series: Delirious, Chris Hero, Adam Pearce, Pelle Primeau & Jimmy Rave.

No DQ: BJ Whitmer vs. Brent Albright

Roderick Strong & Davey Richards vs. Erick Stevens & Matt Cross

KENTA vs. Rocky Romero

ROH World Tag Team Titles, 2/3 Falls: Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Claudio Castagnoli

Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji

So, who ya got?

Montana

Who do you think the next big name to sign with TNA is? Do you think he will make an impact (no pun intented) with the show? or will he be another Sting, Christian, Kurt, who were big names but havent made the impact (no pun again) expected?

I dont see any big names this year. At least not huge names, any people going to sign with TNA, there have already been mentioned. Sabu is pretty much with TNA. RVD is a maybe, although i doubt he will sign. But thats their best case scenario. Chavo and Ortons contracts are coming to a end this year, But i dont see either of them leaving.

The most movement will be from TNA to Roh, as i have stated before. Look for Aries and Homicide to return to ROH. Perhaps even Ron Killings now.

When do you think the next big WWE era of greatness (ex: attitude era) will happen, if ever. Who are the big stars of the era going to be?

Maybe the wwe is in a great era and we just dont know it? I've thought about that a few times, although i doubt it. I dont see anything great happening anytime soon. I think when Kennedy and CM Punk emerge, the wwe will be very strong. If they can bring back Jericho, Rock , and Brock watch out. (But at the same time Taker and HBK will be done)
I think in 2 years the wwe will hit a real good time with Kennedy adn Punk, although Lashley will likely play a major role too (wheather thats good or bad its a opinion really)

can you see any TNA ever going to wwe?

What do you mean by this? Wrestlers? WWE buying out tna? As far as TNA guys in WWE, i dont see the WWE having a use for most of their talent. The WWE would like Cage, Angle, Sting, Daniels, Joe, Basically whomever is a big name in the business. Problem is the wwe wouldnt get these guys until tna goes under, in which ROH will be stepping up at the same time. So the wwe may hand select just a couple guys they are interesting in. But i dont see anyone leaving tna just to go to wwe this year.

How long do you think it will be until RoH becomes a serious competitor (for WWE/TNA) in the business and marketing world.

They are making big rumblings, but i think the answer relies with TNA. If TNA goes outta business look for ROH to just piggy back off their sucess. If TNA is around look for ROH to be #3 for a while. Its been said that in 08 ROH will have a tv deal. Im thinking 2-3 years ROH will be big.

-Could Vengeance be the start of the long, overdue era of Randy Orton?

Maybe, i think Orton will win the belt only to become HHH's bitch. So i dont see a Randy Orton era.

-How does your Summerslam card look (this question can wait until after Vengeance is over if you'd like)?

- HHH vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship)

- Edge vs Matt Hardy (Ladder Match)

- Beniot vs Burke

- Cena vs Snitsky (idk about this one)

- Lashley vs Booker (Lashley could have a bigger role)

- Not sure about mysterio, and the Jackass guys. But this is where i think its headed. The Cena/Lashley / Booker guys are interchangeable. But i feel pretty confident in those main event. Or i could be way off. Perhaps it will be Cena vs Randy Orton. Or Cena vs Lashley.

Was Samoa Joe better off in the X Divsions (obviously we cant say that now since he's been pushed up, but I'm talking about before his ME push)

Yes it was. He was more passinate about wrestling. He doesnt seem to care much for TNA and their booking. Its no secret he feels they are not using him right. I have to agree with him. They are pushing the veterns too much, and not enough of hte TNA guys. Joe is argueably the best wrestler in the world, and he's getting shafted now. SO really his in ring work, and his character has lost fire, since angle has came in.

How Long before TNA goes out of business?

They got about 2-3 years. Its make or break time. It is possible TNA can kick out of the funk their in and rake in big profits, but they gotta figure out their financial problems. They have to cut a handful of guys and utilize what you have. There really isnt any room for a new wrestling to come in too, RVD would be lost in the shuffle after a while.

MVP/Carlito...the greatest midcard fued ever?

I think they are the best 2 mid card guys right now, although im not sure about their chemistry together. Depends whos the face. It could work, although i would not bet on it. I think HHH vs Rock was probably the best mid card fued. It will be tough to beat that.

When if ever, will WWE go out of business?

I dotn see it happening anytime soon. 20 years to give a #. After vince dies.....(for real)

ROH will have a show tonight in Dayton, Ohio with this card:

I was thinking about going this show, but my sister is getting married tomorrow, and i've been busy with work. (plus the drive wouldnt be that cool) but heres my predictions.

Steen and El Genercio vs Irish Ariborne

Not sure if i've seen Irish Aribourne yet, but i like steen and Genercio

Gauntlet Series: Delirious, Chris Hero, Adam Pearce, Pelle Primeau & Jimmy Rave.

Hero hasn't signed with ROH yet, so that wont give him a big push. I think Rave will get a win, upon his return.

No DQ: BJ Whitmer vs. Brent Albright

I cant put my finger on Whitmer, but he's missing something. Plus Albright is a beast.

Roderick Strong & Davey Richards vs. Erick Stevens & Matt Cross

NRC all the way. Im not fond of cross.

KENTA vs. Rocky Romero

yeah.

ROH World Tag Team Titles, 2/3 Falls: Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Matt Sydal & Claudio Castagnoli

Briscoes man up again.

Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji

Montana

how long before kenny dystra gets his first solo title?

hmmm, this is tough, because the wwe has zero creative juices trying to make Kenny Dystra a star. They have no clue what to do with him on SD, i dont think. He form a tag team, and go for the gold on SD, but you asked about solo title.

I would assume, if he's going to win one, it would be late next year. Assuming hes with the wwe then. Right now he is on the lower card, and you never know when they make cuts. But i think once he finds his groove, Kenny will make it work.

So basically late next year.

Soulpower

I asked you your picks for last night's ROH show, now its turn for tonight's picks. By the way, you had all but one right in the previous picks.

Naomichi Marufuji vs. BJ Whitmer

Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero

ROH World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe © vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (This is the big one!)

Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA

Morishima is supposed to defend the title tonight, but no one knows agian who, care to take a stab at that?

Montana

sorry for the short responses.

do you think TNA will become a competition to WWE

No, they gotta a lot work ahead of them. Recently they pulled for their best rating ever, doing a similar idea to what i said (Title change on tv) But they got their work cut out for them. THey need better storyliens, adn in ring action to keep up. THey gotta make money. They gotta tour more. If not they wont survive, so right now its sink or swim for tna.

The Major Brothers, getting pushed too fast or do you think they are getting the right push??

what push? I mean i saw pick up a couple W's but i wouldnt call it a push. I gotta see more of these guys to really rate them. They have a OK look. Solid in the ring, but i havent heard a real promo from these guys. So i wouldnt say they are being pushed too fast just yet.

Is the TNA Tag Team Division dying or already dead??

Ehh, depends on LAX. I'd say its dying, thats for sure. IF lax goes, there goes the tag division.

I asked you your picks for last night's ROH show, now its turn for tonight's picks. By the way, you had all but one right in the previous picks.

damn gunlet match, tonights will be harder.

Naomichi Marufuji vs. BJ Whitmer
His new heelish way could steal the W.

Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero
THis is a tough one, Nigel won at SOH2 as well

ROH World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe © vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico (This is the big one!)
I like the briscoes in this one, they are the cena of tag teams.

Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA
toss up

Morishima is supposed to defend the title tonight, but no one knows agian who, care to take a stab at that?

Perhaps Claudio, or Strong. .....maybe even sabu? Morishima will win

do you see flair winning another championship before he retires

nope, i think he should win the US title though. (but not beat MVP)

Defiant One

Reaction score
1. Where do you think Vengeance will rank in WWE's PPVs this year?
2. When do you think HHH will win his next World Title?
3. Do you think HBK will win another World Title?
4. Do you think Jeff Hardy will ever get a mainevent or a World Title push in WWE?
5. Who would you say is the better wrestler of Samoa Joe, Benoit, Angle, or CM Punk?

Great One

-Would you like to see, or think any old WCW wrestlers will return (or go to for the first time...) to the WWE?

Montana

1. Where do you think Vengeance will rank in WWE's PPVs this year?

We've already seen some pretty good ppv's last year from wwe despite the bad ending to 06. i thought RR, WM, Backlash and ONS were all good ppvs. I think it will depend on the results of vengance. It could be one of the better (non - big 4) ppvs. So overall i'd probably be right in the middle. Unless a lot of major happenings occur.

2. When do you think HHH will win his next World Title?

Whenever he wants, Probably some time in the fall.

3. Do you think HBK will win another World Title?

Nope, Im a little surprised he is coming back to wrestle. It shows what kind of athlete he is. he doesnt have anything left to prove. He's in my top 3 for all time wwe stars. I wouldnt mind if he left now, just as headlining wm and defeating cena on a classic raw.

4. Do you think Jeff Hardy will ever get a mainevent or a World Title push in WWE?
Eventually. Once the wwe see's he has his head on straight, and they figure out a major storyline, both the hardys could be great champs. If hes alright 2 more years, and stays outta trouble, i think he can be champ. At first i was saying Jeff over Matt, but now it looks like Matt will shoot to main event status first. This is one cool thing about wrestling, you watch these guys grow. See who makes it and who doesnt.

5. Who would you say is the better wrestler of Samoa Joe, Benoit, Angle, or CM Punk?

You could make a convincing agruement for all 4. Thats about as equal as they all get. Personally i enjoy a Punk match better. He's more high flying, and uses his speed more than the other ones. Joe is the more hard hitting type. Beniot and Angle are more submission styles. I like punk, but ill say Joe right here.

Would you like to see, or think any old WCW wrestlers will return (or go to for the first time...) to the WWE?

Hmmm. Most of them are too old now. I'd Buff bagwell in WCW. Couldnt tell you why, but i did. He's too old now. The Mexicools should be back in the wwe. I liked those guys. Jericho of course. Vampiro and the Stinger. Those would be my 5 (only 2 mexicools)

Wordlife

do you know if anyone's going to be posting vengeance online on this site live?