The Pulse Bar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Naitch

Reaction score
I often get surprised looks when I tell people that, despite being born and spending a fair bit of my life in a country renowned for beer-drinking, I hate most beer. To be precise, I hate bitter beer, and I don't like many beers with hops in them, other than a well made Scotch ale, Weißbier and amber ale, where the hops don't define the flavour at all. These beers I really do love.

It seems that I got a head-start on some of you in terms of drinking - as I grew up in a pub where my mother was the proprietor. I had my first unintentional drink at 8 (some weirdo at a house party swapped my lemonade with his gin - a drink I have a loathing for to this day - and I downed it in one; I soon went up to bed thereafter) and my first intentional drink, some weird cocktail concocted by my uncle, a year after that. From what I saw (childhood-wrecking stuff) from the winos and terminal alcoholics at the bar, I thought I'd be teetotal or nearly so for a while, but it just taught me to drink in moderation - most of the time. And drink I do..

I love wine, and dedicate myself to getting the best I can afford reasonably from time to time. It's something I grew up with, particularly when I moved to L.Am. where it seemed to be served every year, even to kids sometimes. My favourite drink however is whisk(e)y. Ireland produces some fine whiskeys but it is Scotch that I fell in love with. There are few drinks that offer such diverse an experience as fine single malt.

I also dig: mead, cider (Magner's and Bulmers, both Irish, are the best, but have recently have got into French and Belgian ciders), brandy, some liqueurs and fortified wines.

I hate: gin (I was once given it neat by my now-ex, I projectile vomited), vodka (tastes bland - ok if mixed down enough I suppose, but it's not my sort of drink), poitin (don't ask), Bailey's (sickening), advocaat (due to my mother's snowballs, but also, I don't like eggs that much) and quite a bit of rum (one night, I got fucked on LSD and drank two-thirds of a Malibu rum bottle neat, never fucking again.)

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
I hate: gin (I was once given it neat by my now-ex, I projectile vomited), vodka (tastes bland - ok if mixed down enough I suppose, but it's not my sort of drink), poitin (don't ask), Bailey's (sickening), advocaat (due to my mother's snowballs, but also, I don't like eggs that much) and quite a bit of rum (one night, I got fucked on LSD and drank two-thirds of a Malibu rum bottle neat, never fucking again.)

when I was in highschool I used to take gin and oj in water bottles and drink it throughout the day. Mainly because I couldn't get Vodka as easily, but I developed quite a taste for it.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
The few times I have tried Gin, it always burned going down, like I was drinking a hot sauce. A good whiskey though, that is always smooth. Never cared for Vodka or Rum though.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I have no problem with Gin, I enjoy Brokers particularly, on the rocks with an olive. In fact it used to be my drink of choice, but I don't drink it as much now, makes me feel funny. I like Gosling's Bermuda Black Rum, 140 proof, but that stuff is real intense and can only be drank in high moderation.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Hot damn, I can't believe this thread is still here. I'm definitely bumping since I know there's some drinkers around here. Picked up some of this yesterday....

2db6i36.jpg

and hot damn its good. A little on the high side at 10% ABV but then again it is an Imperial Chocolate Stout. Anyhow, it won't be too easy to find in a lot of US markets but its damn good.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
thatchers-gold.png

the greatest beverage known to man.

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
ShockTop End of the World
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Goose Island Matilda
Are a few I've tried and liked recently.
Also I've made a Pumpkin Ale and America Pale Ale that people said were pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
ShockTop End of the World
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Goose Island Matilda
Are a few I've tried and liked recently.
Also I've made a Pumpkin Ale and America Pale Ale that people said were pretty good.

Some of those are great. Have you ever had the Dogfish Head 90 or 120 Minute IPA or Goose Island Bourbon County Stout? If not, run, don't walk, and find them ASAP!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
Some of those are great. Have you ever had the Dogfish Head 90 or 120 Minute IPA or Goose Island Bourbon County Stout? If not, run, don't walk, and find them ASAP!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I wish I could have you try mine

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Meh, I stay drunk when I'm not working. Maybe to the point that I may have a problem, but I have sense enough not to drive or whatever. Anyway, I love Jack and Coke, Bushmil, and Mohitos (Blue Mountain State Baby!).

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Me, and glasses of 1800 Patron with lime have visited Marvins Room a few times this year. I mean a real bad drinking binge. @MKT will catch the reference. It was so bad and so frequent friends I had stopped hanging with me for awhile. Every other sentence was man lets go have a drink on me...

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I do catch that reference but this isn't really my type of thread as I am currently not at the legal age for drinking.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I do catch that reference but this isn't really my type of thread as I am currently not at the legal age for drinking.

o.0 How old are you? And shit that never stopped me....:becky:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'm 16 lol, how old did you think I was?