The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Honestly though if anything it's kind of sad, a lot of Americans are perfectly fine with Authoritarian countries influencing American politicians and paying influencers to spread their propaganda, but God forbid we try and protect a sovereign nation like Ukraine. And how dare lots of Americans complain about the government's handling of the Palestinian Crisis.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Honestly though if anything it's kind of sad, a lot of Americans are perfectly fine with Authoritarian countries influencing American politicians and paying influencers to spread their propaganda, but God forbid we try and protect a sovereign nation like Ukraine. And how dare lots of Americans complain about the government's handling of the Palestinian Crisis.
It actually pisses me off how much the democrats are pro silencing protest too - the Israel sphere of influence is also very powerful. But that is another topic.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It actually pisses me off how much the democrats are pro silencing protest too - the Israel sphere of influence is also very powerful. But that is another topic.
It's definitely a topic to be had and I'm fairly hopeful with the new crop of politicians coming of age, we'll start to see a change towards disassociating with Israel as an ally we need to militarily support.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A lot of the Palestine supporters in Congress on the Democrat side lost to more middle road people in the primaries (or outright strong Israel supporters in at least one race that I remember) so right now they're in a tough spot because they have a lot of public pressure one way but the voting pressure which is always behind a bit hasn't shifted, at least not yet

Likewise tho, a lot of the really far right republicans for primaried too this year that I saw

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
lol godaman it's all there in black and white on this video :heston
No bro fr, to quote an old AVGN episode, the influencers being paid by Russia is, and I quote:

"[...] un-embellished, unmistakable, crystal clear, as frank as Frankenstein, as blunt as an atom bomb!"

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
A lot of the Palestine supporters in Congress on the Democrat side lost to more middle road people in the primaries (or outright strong Israel supporters in at least one race that I remember) so right now they're in a tough spot because they have a lot of public pressure one way but the voting pressure which is always behind a bit hasn't shifted, at least not yet

Likewise tho, a lot of the really far right republicans for primaried too this year that I saw
this does paint a picture, yeah. Which I suppose goes to show that especially the older demographics are still pro Israel. Though a lot of times I feel like that is the case because Islamophobia is still going real strong. And it is a tough one to combat because it is a very popular religion to pick on because it really does suck a lot lol

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah I think 9/11 did far too much damage to the older generations to really get over either their repressed (or in the case of racists, full-blown) Islamophobia, while the younger generations who either were too young to remember 9/11 or weren't born yet don't really have that baggage to carry.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I think 9/11 did far too much damage to the older generations to really get over either their repressed (or in the case of racists, full-blown) Islamophobia, while the younger generations who either were too young to remember 9/11 or weren't born yet don't really have that baggage to carry.
911 + the fact that unfortunately it's a very regressive religion in the mainstream. The irony however is shilling for Israel who is the furthest thing from a bastion of liberalism and progressiveness - shit just look how they treated Wonder Woman. Also most people don't know Israel funded Hamas for decades lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Let's also not discuss how ultra-Orthodox Jews treat people from other religions...

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Let's also not discuss how ultra-Orthodox Jews treat people from other religions...
or the fact people are acting like a terrorist organization who forced their way into power through fear and violence is somehow representative of an entire population (which the majority of is around 18) because they were "overwhelmingly voted in" or that they are somehow deserving of getting killed because they are not standing up to their government (but they should also bend the knee to the people who have also been oppressing them since the 60s).

people become giant hypocrites talking about this specific subject lol

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
That being said, there's extremists from every religion. Just as there's extremist Christians who want a Christo-fascist ethnostate, there's extremist Muslims who... want a Sharia-fascist ethnostate... and there's extremist Jews... who want an Zionist-fascist ethnostate.

Hell, in Japan there's still people who want a return to the Shinto-fascist ethnostate it once was in the 40s.

There's Sikhs that want their own ethnostate, Buddhists who want fascistic ethnostate, and Hindis who want a fascist ethnostate.

It's almost like basing your entire personality around your religion is a bad thing or something...

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
And just to jump on top of this because I swear to god there are people out there who think it's impossible, yes. It is entirely possible to be Jewish and a fascist. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And just to jump on top of this because I swear to god there are people out there who think it's impossible, yes. It is entirely possible to be Jewish and a fascist. The two things are not mutually exclusive.
Nathanyu exists so of course it's possible

• Haha

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It's insanely frustrating tbh, there's people out there who cannot tell the difference between modern-day Zionism, which at this point is just a word for the Jewish Nationalist Movement, and being Pro-Israeli Existence.

You can be for the existence of Israel as a nation, but be against the Nationalist Government.

One doesn't preclude you from both.

Last edited: