The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The Supreme Court seemed poised on Tuesday to uphold a major gun regulation imposed by the Biden administration that requires background checks, serial numbers and sales records for the nearly untraceable firearms known as ghost guns.

A majority of the justices seemed skeptical of arguments by gun owners, parts makers and Second Amendment groups that the government exceeded its authority in 2022 when it imposed new rules for the weapons. Their comments came during oral arguments before the high court in the case known as Garland v. VanDerStok.

The weapons, which have been used in a growing number of crimes over the past decade, are typically assembled at home using parts, kits or pieces printed by 3D printers. Manufacturers assert they do not have to comply with regulations on other firearms because ghost guns don’t meet the legal definition of a firearm under the nation’s main gun control law.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
"How dare we have to do something reasonable!"

Classic gun owner argument against common sense gun laws.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The fact that people are so adamant about owning untraceable guns and don’t want strict gun laws is concerning in of itself. Makes it look like they’re plotting something.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can only speak anecdotally but people in East Texas don't even understand why private gun sales need to be reported and guns need to be registered to the person that actually has possession. They don't think the government should have any info about their private lives and friends can trade guns whenever they want, so I can imagine the people that make the homemade guns also have a similar mindset

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I can only speak anecdotally but people in East Texas don't even understand why private gun sales need to be reported and guns need to be registered to the person that actually has possession. They don't think the government should have any info about their private lives and friends can trade guns whenever they want, so I can imagine the people that make the homemade guns also have a similar mindset
do they not understand being able to trace guns back to crime by law enforcement or do they just believe that only handguns used by gangsters are the problem?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Most would prefer to handle their problems themselves than get the cops involved at all. They only really support cops who are far away from their areas when they're told to. Everyone hates their local cops except for their one friend that is one usually

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Most would prefer to handle their problems themselves than get the cops involved at all. They only really support cops who are far away from their areas when they're told to. Everyone hates their local cops except for their one friend that is one usually
so they would rather a fictional lawless state where they are the heroes of their own stories like they are in their minds?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
so they would rather a fictional lawless state where they are the heroes of their own stories like they are in their minds?
Yes. They'd rather shoot a man dead for a perceived wrong than let the authorities deal with it. Because "Muh Freedumbs".

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yes. They'd rather shoot a man dead for a perceived wrong than let the authorities deal with it. Because "Muh Freedumbs".
it's all these dudes who day dream about being a super hero saving people

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
it's all these dudes who day dream about being a super hero saving people
I think what makes it worse is that these are the kind of people that when faced with a legitimate threat will freeze up and get even more people killed because they think they're heroes in their mind but really they're cowards with guns who'd get shot by a criminal before they have a chance to play hero.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think what makes it worse is that these are the kind of people that when faced with a legitimate threat will freeze up and get even more people killed because they think they're heroes in their mind but really they're cowards with guns who'd get shot by a criminal before they have a chance to play hero.
I agree but tbf I think 99% of ppl would freeze too

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I agree but tbf I think 99% of ppl would freeze too
I'm not disagreeing but largely pointing out that they're hypocrites and are incapable of practicing what they preach about "A good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun."

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing but largely pointing out that they're hypocrites and are incapable of practicing what they preach about "A good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun."
you can stop a gun with a gun but an even better idea is not having the gun to begin with. And even if you do stop them they probably would’ve had a chance to hurt or kill someone before you do.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
How would anyone trace a private sale though? If two people meet in the woods and one person gives the other $100 for a gun how would anyone know