The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
I mean - you literally brought up the legal case and said you hope it is the next thing to be overturned.

You also forget I am religious myself - so I was confused why you brought it up, if you aren't personally campaigning for it to be overturned
My main reason is it was not done the right way. It isn't in the Constitution. Abuse of the Constitution is a big deal to me.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
you know what you're right. Clinton was pretty dislikable too, though some of that was proven to be legit fucked up foreign interference (Cambridge Analytica, Wiki Leaks being a Russian asset) and people , you are correct, likely voted NOT for her. I still think it's fucked to think, esp in hindsight, that Trump was a better option but we also didn't know as much. Biden is a lousy candidate for sure but man after 4 years of Trump it's still just absolutely wild to me ANYONE would be like "yes, I'm ok with this guy" . In either case, youre right, theres some nuance
I just honestly hope that this country can get back on the right track. Because I don’t want to have to leave my home, but if it gets to bad here, I might just have to. But I rather stay and fight for the rights of people who don’t have the benefit of being able to leave so easily.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
My main reason is it was not done the right way. It isn't in the Constitution. Abuse of the Constitution is a big deal to me.

but - for the sake of the discussion. A pro-lifer would say - that its wasn't done the right way - and unborn children are dying etc

but - for gay marriage - apart from letting gay people get married - why is such a heinous thing that goes against the constitution. as we know in 2022 - no one else is actually effected by two people getting married.

I mean - an issue like 'right to privacy' for example - seems like something more logically someone would want to put in place -especially as it affects an individual more.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Blaze said:
I just honestly hope that this country can get back on the right track. Because I don’t want to have to leave my home, but if it gets to bad here, I might just have to. But I rather stay and fight for the rights of people who don’t have the benefit of being able to leave so easily.
My dude we gonna have to leave cause of the climate in the next few decades anyway lol our energy grids are not gonna be able to sustain cooling these summers every year getting hotter and hotter, and that's regardless of the bigotry

• Sad
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well they really don't atm it just seems like it bc of the Supreme Court but that's over a decade of them manipulating that such as not allowing Obama to nominate anyone his last year. But now that the court has struck down a federal law it goes to states which will vary widely and doesn't matter who's in control of the federal government bc no new laws to replace the Supreme Court decisions will passed "the right way" as Dak would put it
indeed. which means they do wield power and this will do nothing more than emboldened their base. Look how Dak is acting already like he won a war because to him HIS SIDE WON and that's all that matters.

I don't know what the answer is for you guys outside of civil war or rewriting the whole constitution. But it's broken, every state thats dark red is corrupted beyond repair to ever have a chance. Texas and Florida etc are increasingly taking away any educational material that leans left. This will continue to get worse as they consolidate their power knowing they wont be stopped by federal law now, either. there will be even more blatant changing of electoral maps, or even worse, theyll just straight up make up the results and declare who they want the winner (the texas GOP pretty much implies this verbatim).

So what's the answer, even if you had a 75% approval democratic president, the court is stacked. I see no solution other than what ive said above because people will probably get much more violent as their rights are taken away , and thats on both sides

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I just vote and call it a shithole country personally, eventual goal to move once I've got my little best saved up

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
There's a simple solution. Win the fucking senate by a super majority and pass all amendments that give human rights to these people. Sadly, it's not feasible.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
There's a simple solution. Win the fucking senate by a super majority and pass all amendments that give human rights to these people. Sadly, it's not feasible.
But that would be abuse of power and the constitution

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
My dude we gonna have to leave cause of the climate in the next few decades anyway lol our energy grids are not gonna be able to sustain cooling these summers every year getting hotter and hotter, and that's regardless of the bigotry
Yeah, sadly. I seen the other day where in Macon, it was like 18 or 19 degrees hotter than the avg for that day. Every single day it seems to be a new record high for the day. It’s so ridiculous.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
this is what I've been saying. One team doesn't play by the rules and the second the other one tries to do the same they lose moral highrounds and become no better. the system is broken

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
War Pig said:
And we can't have that, can we? God forbid, the Republicans will think we're a bunch of snowflakes who care too much!

• Haha
Reactions: Alexa

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I keep telling yall the answer is to eat the rich, all of them

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
But nah, I mean electorally, win the senate with 60+ Senators and just ram through an amendment that makes it legal and protects transgender people, abortion, and gay marriage, all in one.

Call it the Autonomous Pride Amendment, and those that oppose it can eat shit.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler