The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It's not gay marriage so I guess not as important

But why make people choose when the simplest thing is to eliminate the most popular single voting issue in the country and you could easily beat that guy?

Also, unless I’ve read that wrong, he’s talking specifically about kids that undergo sex change surgeries. Which is kinda iffy, but also an overblown fear of his side so shouldn’t actually amount to much.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Social conservatism is the right’s losing issue. Every decade we get more socially accepting. If the left got onboard with the 2A, the GOP would start to see massive losses across the board, imo.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I was made to talk about that after I was already getting pushback on that Texas stance.

I’d have to see a bill being drawn up by Abbott, but I don’t believe there’s an actual attempt to ban gay marriage right now so I personally wouldn’t vote for Beto currently with his stance, but I don’t live in Texas so his state level bans don’t effect me.
Well I personally got no problem with you saying how someone in Texas should run, it probably is smart. I wouldn’t necessarily say “I’m for all guns.” If I wasn’t, I just probably wouldn’t bring it up. If I’m asked however, I don’t think I could lie. It’s why I wouldn’t make a good politician, because I would rather lose on my morals, than win on a lie.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Texas also isn’t as socially liberal as I am. So regardless of what I’d do in that election, the easiest way for Beto to win is say we need gun control legislation and I’d be willing to reach across the aisle to get it done. If he just said that and had a decent moderate rest of his platform, much better chance.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well for future reference, I'm probably gonna question what your actual opinion on the issue is even if you're clearly stating what you think the optimal path for a politican to get elected is lol I sometimes just discuss those things too, regardless of opinion or something I don't even have an opinion but just a prediction so I wouldn't even be able to answer someone if they asked my own personal thoughts anyway lol but I'm always gonna ask bc I want to know how you actual feel about the issues, you don't have to have to have one tho, I'll accept idk

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And maybe I really might be the extreme one:lol cause i genuinely think you'd agree with me if I named Republicans I think are extreme but clearly I don't on the liberals that you deem extreme lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well for future reference, I'm probably gonna question what your actual opinion on the issue is even if you're clearly stating what you think the optimal path for a politican to get elected is lol I sometimes just discuss those things too, regardless of opinion or something I don't even have an opinion but just a prediction so I wouldn't even be able to answer someone if they asked my own personal thoughts anyway lol but I'm always gonna ask bc I want to know how you actual feel about the issues, you don't have to have to have one tho, I'll accept idk
I mean, I’m speaking from the perspective of a conservative so I’m giving my partial insight to a mostly liberal echo chamber that is this thread.

So my opinion is partly there, but I’m mostly talking about Texas. I’m far more liberal than the people you’d be trying to convince to vote against Abbott and most probably don’t care about social issues that much so if asking them to vote for a candidate that’s in the opposite party I just think remove the biggest issue they care about to get the most pushback gone first and then target the maybe in between moderates that do care a little about social issues, just not more than they do about their single issue policy. You’ll never get the hardcore bigots.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And maybe I really might be the extreme one:lol cause i genuinely think you'd agree with me if I named Republicans I think are extreme but clearly I don't on the liberals that you deem extreme lol
Possibly because I do think there are extreme Republicans. And I don’t even know if Beto is extreme on all issues, but the gun issue is a deal breaker. They call gun rights and abortion rights single issue policies because typically they trump everything else. Beto outside that is probably fine.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So weird, abortion has never been a top priority for me at all and I've voted for people that i assume are against them (theyre republican and in texas, it wasnt a talked about issue tho so not sure on the stance) Always said better sex ed stops them naturally and we should focus on that, you know more about party stereotypes than me tho

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So weird, abortion has never been a top priority for me at all and I've voted for people that i assume are against them (theyre republican and in texas, it wasnt a talked about issue tho so not sure on the stance) Always said better sex ed stops them naturally and we should focus on that, you know more about party stereotypes than me tho
Guns and abortions aren’t single issue for everyone, but they are the two biggest. I agree, though, sex education and access to contraception is important.

I think the main thing for me is I’ve voted for many against things I believed because they had zero power to do anything against it. It was pandering.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Need to insult people and say "sorry" afterwards to be "extreme".

• Haha

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Deezy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
King Switch said:
Guns and abortions aren’t single issue for everyone, but they are the two biggest. I agree, though, sex education and access to contraception is important. I think the main thing for me is I’ve voted for many against things I believed because they had zero power to do anything against it. It was pandering.
what do you deem pandering and what could actually be acted upon? Cause I'd say any democrat advocating for full gun bans is straight pandering to liberals and know it wouldn't go through at all. I previously thought any republican running on overturning Roe v Wade was similarly pandering knowing that would never happen.l bc of the Supreme Court, but after the last decade of nominations the court has had, that's looking bleak

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
what do you deem pandering and what could actually be acted upon? Cause I'd say any democrat advocating for full gun bans is straight pandering to liberals and know it wouldn't go through at all. I previously thought any republican running on overturning Roe v Wade was similarly pandering knowing that would never happen.l bc of the Supreme Court, but after the last decade of nominations the court has had, that's looking bleak
Roe and marriage were settled law. Nothing could be done from any elected politician about them. It wasn’t until this year Roe had a chance of being overturned. So NOW anti-abortion talk holds more weight because once that goes, they have power to do something. But, that’s more local level because Roe overturning means only states get a day so no federal politicians would mean much. You’d need to be more careful with local elections.

I don’t believe gay marriage is going anywhere, though. Federally, state or SC. There are more equally protections the SC can turn to where as abortion was kinda plucked from nowhere in the privacy clause. I don’t think they’d attempt it.

As for gun laws, it’s a bit different. There isn’t a ruling saying from the SC barring anything but single possession of handguns so a state Governor can pass State bans and a senator can help pass federal laws.

Now of course they’d still need 60 in the senate so Texas could theoretically elect a senator with gun control policies if they have faith in other states to retain their red seats, but Governor is a bigger deal.