The Political Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:heston you think the GOP cares about laws and rules
Then Texas will just have to feel the might of the federal government that 150 years before kicked their scrawny little traitor asses before. :hayden3

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Had to look up Illiberal Democracy since it sounded like an oxymoron.

An illiberal democracy describes a governing system in which, although elections take place, citizens are cut off from knowledge about the activities of those who exercise real power because of the lack of civil liberties; thus it is not an open society.

And yes, yes it is.

The story said it's cherrypicked headlines....so there's not much credence in it tbh.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Then Texas will just have to feel the might of the federal government that 150 years before kicked their scrawny little traitor asses before. :hayden3
I think that's quite wishful thinking. The only people taking up arms are the people who want to secede. Just let em, good fucking riddance. You'll be be left with a better country anyways, fuck em.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Secondly, let's actually legitimately think about this for a second. Texas seceding from the Union, even if legitimate, would completely tank the state's entire economy. Without federal funding, nearly everything regarding the state will be withered and destroyed. You think the state government is gonna be able to afford to fix those highways after harsh Winters? You think they're gonna be able to afford actually having public schools? Clinics?

Texas in the case of secession would shut down for years and even their current industrial capacity would not be enough to save them. People forget just how reliant the states actually are to the Federal government in terms of funding projects and subsidies. Texas's agricultural industry would also be effected for the worse.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
build a wall around em, they like that right?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Secondly, let's actually legitimately think about this for a second. Texas seceding from the Union, even if legitimate, would completely tank the state's entire economy. Without federal funding, nearly everything regarding the state will be withered and destroyed. You think the state government is gonna be able to afford to fix those highways after harsh Winters? You think they're gonna be able to afford actually having public schools? Clinics?

Texas in the case of secession would shut down for years and even their current industrial capacity would not be enough to save them. People forget just how reliant the states actually are to the Federal government in terms of funding projects and subsidies. Texas's agricultural industry would also be effected for the worse.
I dont think the people in power would care at all about not being able to fund education or public clinics. in fact id argue that would be and has been already by design

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I don't really see this GOP platform winning though except in the Uber rural areas in all fairness to Texas. Places like Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, etc etc etc are all pretty fairly liberal compared to the rest of the state. The bigger cities would absolutely put the kibosh on it, not to mention anyone who thinks for more than five seconds and subscribes to "Separation of Church and State".

All the GOP wants a Christian led education, until it's revealed that education is Roman Catholic, and then people have simply gone too far!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Should probably ask actual Texans about this instead of 2 pages of "har har fuck those guys". :draper2

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I hope you're right but I don't see how they can stop this (or more realistically, slow implementations of this). I mean look at the anti trans laws and anti abortion laws already, big cities didn't stop shit. Texas GOP does whatever the fuck it wants at this point is what I'm afraid of

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Should probably ask actual Texans about this instead of 2 pages of "har har fuck those guys". :draper2
Never ask a Texan anything. They just Yeehaw all over your face.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I hope you're right but I don't see how they can stop this (or more realistically, slow implementations of this). I mean look at the anti trans laws and anti abortion laws already, big cities didn't stop shit. Texas GOP does whatever the fuck it wants at this point is what I'm afraid of
I really don't see guys like Abbott surviving this, just the amount of damage they have already done to the state. It's contingent on this upcoming election.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Never ask a Texan anything. They just Yeehaw all over your face.
lol he just wants attention ignore him. Chris's general out view on Texas politics is bleak as fuck and he generally has 0 hope (Im sure he wil lcorrect me if im wrong). I don't think he'd really tell us anything we don't already know :heston . EC never wants to talk about this shit so I don't see why I would pester him, either.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think he'd really tell us anything we don't already know :heston . EC never wants to talk about this shit so I don't see why I would pester him, either.
"you already know"....which is just what you read, which itself said was a cherrypicked piece of headlines. :okay