OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score

The finisher changes... they're coming. xD

Deffo not changing my finishers, but there are a lot more strong grapples that imma be using.

If anyone Dabs in a match against me, I'm walking out. No bullshit.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
saw that and thought of you. Is it byebye to the Diamond Twist...?
dont think so. could be a super finisher in the future (like whenever i decide to bring diamond back).

Reactions: Geek773

Impactsona

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Favorite Sports Team
G4TDPQp
I call the pop up cutter. The master of the cutter is back.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
*As the bell rings and the hand of Intercontinental Champion, Jason St. Pierre, is raised, Alexander Diamond lies groggy on the canvas. While the champ's music plays, there is a sudden increase in booing to the right of the ring, and the camera cuts to a shot of Jack Rogue, the former champion, leaping over the barricade to the floor in front of the announce table. Rogue sports a bruise on his arm from his victory earlier in the night against CRASH, and tightly grips the leg of a steel chair in his right hand. As St. Pierre's music cuts, Jack rolls into the ring and stares a hole into the man who won the title from him. JSP smirks, then theatrically throws the belt over his shoulder while Rogue bristles visibly, and steps out of the ring through the ropes. The champion gets halfway up the ramp before the smack of steel on the skin of Alexander Diamond reverberates around the arena*

Commentary: And now, Rogue, out of nowhere, assaulting Diamond! The opponent of the new Intercontinental Champion! I mean... it's easy to question the reasons for this, but... I frankly wouldn't be surprised if Jack was just attacking whoever he could get at, with where his mind seems to be.

*The boos for Jack escalate as he attacks the better received Diamond brother after his defeat against St. Pierre. Alexander sits up suddenly with the impact to the gut and Rogue steps back, then slams the chair into his skull to the shock of the audience. As Diamond collapses quickly onto his back, Jack breathes heavily and reaches down for Alexander's neck. The already awed crowd are further horrified as Rogue wraps the steel around the neck of Diamond, the top of the seat across his neck. Jack chuckles to himself, then rolls out of the ring. He makes a beeline for the ring announcer, who flees into the timekeeper's area, vacating her steel chair which Jack swiftly picks up, folds, and re-enters the ring with*

Commentary: After that vicious, concussing steel chair shot to the top of the skull, Jack Rogue appears to have serious damage in mind for Alexander Diamond after his first match on Precision. What on [earth] could he be thinking of?

*Alexander Diamond is slowly stirring from the vicious skull shot he took and weakly attempting to pry the chair off his neck when Rogue drives the second chair down onto the leg of the first, forcing the steel plate into the throat of Alexander. Diamond is brought to life by the sudden agony and throws the chair off, then continues to writhe on the canvas, clutching at his crushed windpipe as thunderous boos rain on Rogue*

Commentary: Oh, my... Alexander Diamond just had his trachea crumpled by that heinous stunt from Rogue. We may never see the elder Diamond in Precision again, and the question we are left with is: why? Though I suppose even Jack Rogue may be incapable of answering that.

*Jack hasn't moved since his attack, and now he carelessly drops his second chair onto the canvas, and stares as medical staff cautiously yet anxiously enter the ring, and attempt to hold the tortured Diamond still to attach a neck brace and put him on a stretcher. Jason St. Pierre hasn't moved either, and as the camera pans back to him he smirks once more, before turning and walking to the back. Rogue is still watching the medics attend to his victim as his music plays, and Precision cuts to commercial*

-End of segment-
Would appreciate a read and some feedback, you guys. Trying to bring Jack's edge back. Thanks to @CiV for consenting and planning this with me.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You have three new messages, to listen to your messages, press o-*BEEP*

First new message. Received...seven days ago at....11:53PM

Chris: Diamond Just what in the hell do you think you're doing? I try and do you this favour and THIS is how you repay me? Running off like a scared little kitty-cat? Is that what you are, son? A kitty-cat? Because I know I didn't raise no pussies, ya hear? SHUT UP WOMAN I'M TALKIN TO HIM NOW. NO I'M ON HIS VOICEMAIL, STUPID ASS WON'T PICK UP HIS PHONE. If you don't get back out here, ya know whats gonna happen? Alexanders gonna DIE. He's gonna get in the ring next week, cuz I told him to, and he's gonna get SLAUGHTERED like a pig. But at least he's not gon be a pussy like you. You better come back or so help me god you will never set foot in this house again.

To delete this message, press tw-*BEEP*

MESSAGE DELETED

To listen your remaining messages, press, th-

Second new message. Received.....today at.....12:03PM

Alexander Diamond: Look, are you gonna be back....any time soon? Because I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna get killed by Jason St. Pierre because you decided that this whole "not being a backstabbing bastard" thing is too much for you to handle. Well let me tell you something, "Mr. Undefeated", this thing is never easy, IT NEVER is. but you go through it anyways because the victory is that much sweeter. You said it yourself after you beat Danny Jacobs and sent him packing that it was the most fulfilling victory of your entire career. You went into TLC and you came within centimetres of the title but it got taken away from you. You were robbed. We both agree on that, but you're not gonna get another chance to put Andersen Vega in his place if you're off moping in the Palisades or wherever it is you're hiding.

Dad putting me in the match has nothing to do with him believing in me, for crying out loud I haven't wrestled since I was 20, he's doing it to get through to you. Nobody else in this family can carry on the Diamond legacy. I can have all the confidence in the world but the only way I beat Jason tonight is if he suddenly passes out from dehydration, which, to be frank, is unlikely.

I don't fit in as a wrestler, and you know that, dad knows that. I can motivate you and elevate you to such great heights you've never seen before but I can't do that if you're...not....here. I'm never gonna be a champion here. But I can be your partner in crime, I can be the man in the shadows. And if it takes me getting destroyed by this french-Canadian wannabe then so-be-it. Anything to get you to see that Joseph Diamond is what this family needs. Call me when you get this, I know you'll be watching....wherever you are.

To delete this message, press....two. To save message, press...seve-*BEEP*

MESSAGE SAVED

You hav-*BEEP*

Third new message...recieved....today at...11:32PM

Kristen Diamond: I got his fucking voicemail. Has he talked to any of you since last week? No. Perfect.

Look, Joseph....you need to either pick up your phone or get down here right now....

Jack, um, Rogue? Jack Rogue...he.....he jumped Alex after his match with Jason and....Alex, he...he, had to be stretchered out....um....he crushed his windpipe, the doctors are struggling to keep him breathing. I know this isn't what you want to hear when you're off finding yourself, and I get it, I do, but your brother needs you. Our kids need you. I need you. Joe, when you get this we need you here. If not for me do it for Alex, because right now it's not looking so good.​
Follow up to @Geek773's thing, heres a promo about Joseph Diamond's voicemail.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
You have three new messages, to listen to your messages, press o-*BEEP*

First new message. Received...seven days ago at....11:53PM

Chris: Diamond Just what in the hell do you think you're doing? I try and do you this favour and THIS is how you repay me? Running off like a scared little kitty-cat? Is that what you are, son? A kitty-cat? Because I know I didn't raise no pussies, ya hear? SHUT UP WOMAN I'M TALKIN TO HIM NOW. NO I'M ON HIS VOICEMAIL, STUPID ASS WON'T PICK UP HIS PHONE. If you don't get back out here, ya know whats gonna happen? Alexanders gonna DIE. He's gonna get in the ring next week, cuz I told him to, and he's gonna get SLAUGHTERED like a pig. But at least he's not gon be a pussy like you. You better come back or so help me god you will never set foot in this house again.

To delete this message, press tw-*BEEP*

MESSAGE DELETED

To listen your remaining messages, press, th-

Second new message. Received.....today at.....12:03PM

Alexander Diamond: Look, are you gonna be back....any time soon? Because I'm gonna go out there and I'm gonna get killed by Jason St. Pierre because you decided that this whole "not being a backstabbing bastard" thing is too much for you to handle. Well let me tell you something, "Mr. Undefeated", this thing is never easy, IT NEVER is. but you go through it anyways because the victory is that much sweeter. You said it yourself after you beat Danny Jacobs and sent him packing that it was the most fulfilling victory of your entire career. You went into TLC and you came within centimetres of the title but it got taken away from you. You were robbed. We both agree on that, but you're not gonna get another chance to put Andersen Vega in his place if you're off moping in the Palisades or wherever it is you're hiding.

Dad putting me in the match has nothing to do with him believing in me, for crying out loud I haven't wrestled since I was 20, he's doing it to get through to you. Nobody else in this family can carry on the Diamond legacy. I can have all the confidence in the world but the only way I beat Jason tonight is if he suddenly passes out from dehydration, which, to be frank, is unlikely.

I don't fit in as a wrestler, and you know that, dad knows that. I can motivate you and elevate you to such great heights you've never seen before but I can't do that if you're...not....here. I'm never gonna be a champion here. But I can be your partner in crime, I can be the man in the shadows. And if it takes me getting destroyed by this french-Canadian wannabe then so-be-it. Anything to get you to see that Joseph Diamond is what this family needs. Call me when you get this, I know you'll be watching....wherever you are.

To delete this message, press....two. To save message, press...seve-*BEEP*

MESSAGE SAVED

You hav-*BEEP*

Third new message...recieved....today at...11:32PM

Kristen Diamond: I got his fucking voicemail. Has he talked to any of you since last week? No. Perfect.

Look, Joseph....you need to either pick up your phone or get down here right now....

Jack, um, Rogue? Jack Rogue...he.....he jumped Alex after his match with Jason and....Alex, he...he, had to be stretchered out....um....he crushed his windpipe, the doctors are struggling to keep him breathing. I know this isn't what you want to hear when you're off finding yourself, and I get it, I do, but your brother needs you. Our kids need you. I need you. Joe, when you get this we need you here. If not for me do it for Alex, because right now it's not looking so good.​
Can confirm that this was written on the fly immediately after my promo and is in fact the quickest written promo in league history. :p

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
Can confirm that this was written on the fly immediately after my promo and is in fact the quickest written promo in league history. :p
That Dondelinger promo took me 3 minutes.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know your character may be a "man of few words" but could you perhaps try again with a bit of a longer promo? I honestly can't really gauge your abilities as a writer with something that is four short sentences of dialogue. I want you to write this promo in a way where you can answer some fundamental aspects of your character. I get that he may be a heel from the crowd reaction, but I don't know anything about the character from that promo. You can write promos that are fairly short and get a message across (if that is what you are going for with your character) but not by saying that little.

Here is an example of a fairly short promo that can match the criteria with a character I used before which is very similar to yours...except a girl.

As Precision comes back from a commercial break, the fans in attendance are amped up for the next coming match, but something is wrong. The lights of the arena flash on and off before the titantron cuts to footage of someone standing in a dimly lit room. Unexpectedly, this person is a girl. She has pale skin, fiery red hair, and a long black dress covering her arms and has a wicked smirk on her face. Near here are candles that are dimly lit and they glow on her skin. She begins to speak.

"Hello, Precision. I believe we haven't met yet? But don't worry, because the mystery will soon unravel. Let's start with the most obvious question on your minds, Who am I? Call me Ivy, Ivy Hale, and I'm far from your average girl. You see, I'm not some little preppy delicate prom queen that's afraid to have one little finger laid on her. I'm not someone who is out to chase a worthless dream, I don't aspire to be like anyone else and I'm not a girl of anyone's dreams. Some might call me a bit crazy, but I just see the world differently. How so? Well, I'm a girl who has no problems going toe-to-toe with anyone, no matter the size, man or woman. I take great pride in choking the very life out of them until they fall into an eternal nightmare. I'm not scared of that challenge, I don't live in fear...not anymore and now WWEF Precision, you will be the place where my empire will rise. No longer will anyone here ignore fear. Anarchy will not reign, the heroes you look towards will fall under their broken morals. But most of all, an empire of fear will rise with me as its empress..."

The girl, now known as Ivy Hale looks towards the camera and chuckles with a smirk on her face and devious thoughts in her mind.

"Don't fight it, because fear is only natural..."

The feed cuts to static.

Not my best work, and frankly I've written a lot over the past weekend and today so I'm a bit tired, but I think this helps you get the idea.

Maybe try again with at least one full paragraph of dialogue? Try to do it so I can get a better sense of what your character is and who you are as a writer. Please?

I was thinking maybe having an advocate/manager for this guy, so like Heyman and Lesnar.

It can just be that the advocate is the speaker in all of the promo's and every once in a while like Brock, Watts can talk.

Of course, he would have to write as Watts and the advocate as you can't have someone doing all the promo work for you.

Just a thought from the hedgehog. :)

Reactions: Geek773