OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Hmm... introducing myself.

Roleplayed before, for a while, never used games as a catalyst though so I'm excited. Sports junkie, Alt Music junkie... Wrestling junkie.

Clearly being a Jeff Hardy fanboy gave me my addictive personality.
Hello.

I met you in the chat, but I'm the (soon to be) promo teacher here. I don't have a PS4 or X-Box so I help out this way and since I've done some e-feds (I compete in IWT here and I competed in another fed in the past where I was a midcard Champ and one-half of a team that was voted "Tag Team of the Year") I'm going to help out by helping some new people improve their writing skills a bit and work on a character.

I'm assuming preshow is where things like promos and stuff are done? That's something I'm really looking forward to doing as character dev. was my favorite part of RP'ing before.

Sadly no. He basically makes up a match.

I.E: @The ReagMaster vs @Beaver 's old stuffed bear Cocoa in a steel cage match and in the results thread always says "I won."

I still need justice for Cocoa :(

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I'm assuming preshow is where things like promos and stuff are done? That's something I'm really looking forward to doing as character dev. was my favorite part of RP'ing before.
There's a lot to go over with how the leagues work. I'd explain right now, but I'm busy atm, but I'm sure some of the LOVELY guys here will be willing to help.

Also, I'm Gino. But you can call me daddy. ;)

ChosenxOne

Jobber
Reaction score
Hello.

I met you in the chat, but I'm the (soon to be) promo teacher here. I don't have a PS4 or X-Box so I help out this way and since I've done some e-feds (I compete in IWT here and I competed in another fed in the past where I was a midcard Champ and one-half of a team that was voted "Tag Team of the Year") I'm going to help out by helping some new people improve their writing skills a bit and work on a character.

Sadly no. He basically makes up a match.

I.E: @The ReagMaster vs @Beaver 's old stuffed bear Cocoa in a steel cage match and in the results thread always says "I won."

I still need justice for Cocoa :(

Ayo! I'm definitely down for a little bit of promo teaching. It's a bit different from what I spent so long doing but I think I'll catch on quite quickly.

There's a lot to go over with how the leagues work. I'd explain right now, but I'm busy atm, but I'm sure some of the LOVELY guys here will be willing to help.

I'm used to being daddy but we can try something different I guess. :smug:

But yeah, I'm excited to learn whatever I need to.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

I'll explain as best I can.

Pretty much in the 2k games, all people in the leagues make a CAW of their own character (I.E: can't download a Broken Matt Hardy Caw or another real life wrestler and wrestle as him). But the matches are determined via the game. There are some rules to play by to make the game balanced (I don't know them offhand). But yeah.

Each week Frosty opens up a thread called the "I want a match thread" if you want a match, post there (and if you have someone in mind, you can tell him).

Then after the match card is made you are required to not just do your match but post at least one promo before the results thread is posted. These promos are to advance storylines you are in, develop characters, (almost) anything you want (I.E: don't do anything stupid or downright revolting. Seriously, there was a case or two of people using rape in a promo a few years back and other things). If one week you think you're too busy, don't worry. Just don't sign up for a match. But you also can post a promo even if you don't have a match.

But yeah. It has the promoting and RP element of an e-fed, along with the matches from a good old sports league. If anyone who has done it a long time can explain better, please do.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Hmm... introducing myself.

Roleplayed before, for a while, never used games as a catalyst though so I'm excited. Sports junkie, Alt Music junkie... Wrestling junkie.

Clearly being a Jeff Hardy fanboy gave me my addictive personality.
Didn't have a formal introduction.

I am Roadster, the current General Manager of IWT, a position I've held for almost an entire year. You should check out the IWT History thread if you want to read more about IWT. Otherwise, good to meet you. Have fun on here.

ChosenxOne

Jobber
Reaction score
I'll explain as best I can.

Pretty much in the 2k games, all people in the leagues make a CAW of their own character (I.E: can't download a Broken Matt Hardy Caw or another real life wrestler and wrestle as him). But the matches are determined via the game. There are some rules to play by to make the game balanced (I don't know them offhand). But yeah.

Each week Frosty opens up a thread called the "I want a match thread" if you want a match, post there (and if you have someone in mind, you can tell him).

Then after the match card is made you are required to not just do your match but post at least one promo before the results thread is posted. These promos are to advance storylines you are in, develop characters, (almost) anything you want (I.E: don't do anything stupid or downright revolting. Seriously, there was a case or two of people using rape in a promo a few years back and other things). If one week you think you're too busy, don't worry. Just don't sign up for a match. But you also can post a promo even if you don't have a match.

But yeah. It has the promoting and RP element of an e-fed, along with the matches from a good old sports league. If anyone who has done it a long time can explain better, please do.

Woo! This is pretty much what I was expecting. And I read that you have from Friday to Sunday to finish your matches? Seems very reasonable. I am definitely super into all of this.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Woo! This is pretty much what I was expecting. And I read that you have from Friday to Sunday to finish your matches? Seems very reasonable. I am definitely super into all of this.

Great to hear. I've seen a lot of people enjoy it back on the old site and new and if I had the time...and the consoles I would partake as a member too.

But hey, have fun on this site and if you want to talk wrestling and other topics we have plenty of sections for that as well and enjoy.

:bayley:

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
It's normally Friday-Sunday, but nothing is stopping you from doing it earlier if need be.

ChosenxOne

Jobber
Reaction score
Didn't have a formal introduction.

I am Roadster, the current General Manager of IWT, a position I've held for almost an entire year. You should check out the IWT History thread if you want to read more about IWT. Otherwise, good to meet you. Have fun on here.

I'm sure I will. Still finding my way around while struggling to switch between RAW, Football, and baseball lol.

Great to hear. I've seen a lot of people enjoy it back on the old site and new and if I had the time...and the consoles I would partake as a member too.

But hey, have fun on this site and if you want to talk wrestling and other topics we have plenty of sections for that as well and enjoy.

:bayley:

I'm sure I'll be taking part in a lot of discussion. Half the fun is being part of the group, right? :idk:

It's normally Friday-Sunday, but nothing is stopping you from doing it earlier if need be.

Even better.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Okay so you can use custom arenas online this year.......

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
How would you get everyone to use the same arena? Community creations, I reckon?

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How would you get everyone to use the same arena? Community creations, I reckon?
Community Creations and then post the tags on the sign-up thread/rules/some thread so people know what they're downloading from where

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
@ChosenxOne Hey there! Always glad to see new blood. I'm Geek, I'm p great at promos sometimes :)P) and I lost my first twelve matches when this league was on another site ([HASHTAG]#RIPTWF[/HASHTAG]). War of attrition, yo! If you have any questions about the league, from promos and characters to CAWs and matches, make sure to ask.

Another thing about the league I haven't seen mentioned yet is feuds. If you aren't in contention for a title, @Welsh-Wizard-97's world title, ya boy's Intercontinental title or the soon-to-be-introduced Survival Championship (defended as a TV title with a different random stipulation each time), then half of the fun is feuding with others. Once the league starts again in November, look at people's characters and promos and find someone it makes sense for your character to feud with, and then send over a PM. Keep the GM, @TheFrostyBlur in the loop and then plan all the cool things you can do in promos together (shared promos are a thing too, btw), culminating in a big PPV match, or indeed a few.

Once again, welcome aboard! I'd advise starting to have a think about your character and indeed your moveset. Be unique to the point of bordering on random... we get too many white meat babyfaces that look like their creators. xD