OOC The Out Of Character Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
@Welsh-Wizard-97 wasn't our stable with James the kid (rip) called Anarchy Inc? Or Danger Inc? It was something like that, and you deleted the promo.

Ginothony Bamtano

Banned
Reaction score
We were just thinking of names, The Anarchists, The Last Villians, Anarchy and we just settled on Anarchy Inc. because it sounded quite cool. eh.
I mean, you coulda picked a lot worse, just wondering, cause we had a two day stable that died immediately early into 2k15.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
how come everytime I log on to the forum I'm always reading arguments ?. Seriously this shit has to stop.
I mean, you coulda picked a lot worse, just wondering, cause we had a two day stable that died immediately early into 2k15.
.... The Gentlemen's Agreement died when I broke my elbow. Probably for the best since we were the league of nation.

Right my 2 pence on the whole arguments.

Firstly the finisher moves, in movesets.
I don't think anyone should have moves that we know are finishing moves in their move set. It just degrade the move and most likely that persons finishing move. That's all I got to say about that really.

The state of the league.
Right the reason I've been in and out of this league... besides not being as good as I was and absolutely hate losing matches. Mainly because I just don't care for it as I used to. I feel like because of the 2k servers and peoples connection The matches are really repetitive and boring. I don't care for 95% of the league characters... Like seriously this is probably the biggest problem. I may be a dick and not know what i'm talking about because i'm in and out of the league. But there is no new league characters in the 2k16 leagues, I care about. How can I invest in a character, who's name is Tony Stark... tell me ? The ps3 2k14 league was the shit for league characters and feuds. Everyone had something planned... or atleast a direction they wanted their character to go in. But with this, it feels exactly like a league. Sign up, promo, play the one on one match, repeat. It's like universe mode except you have no rivalry manager set up for your caw. It's just boring and shit... Plus everyone wants to make their rival or whatever look extremely weak. Like I get you wanna make your character look like superman to make a statement. But not if it's making the other look like gillberg. But now because of that, no-one is willing to be attacked. Like a shove could be seen as your character being looked weak and buried. It's ridiculous. Hell I remember when I first started in the 2k14 league. I was attacked backstage, put through a table and hit with a sledgehammer in the backstage... All in the one night. Then attacked with a sledgehammer in the ring (it was pretty funny actually the guy who wrote it didn't have my character put up a fight or anything. Just had him watch his character exit the ring get the sledgehammer, enter the ring and attack him) But that's how it was so I brushed it off and got on with it. But aye those are like the reasons Why I can't really invest in the league tbh.

Promos
Right this is a tough one because I actually agree with both sides. I agree with Welsh because that's how I learned to promo... Although I'm no the greatest in detail (because I write promos i like to read) I still class myself one of the better promo ers in the league. But then I agree with the other guys because some of the "criticism" is harsh as fuck. Like straight off the bat. Spelling and grammar shouldn't be the first thing to point out... Unless it's really un readable. It should be the message the promo sends... The story it tells. Not if he miss used the word you're with your. I agree that spelling and grammar should be part of it. But not everyone has the best grammar... or can click overnight. Tweak the messages of the promo first.. then worry about the grammar and spelling. I haven't read the promo or the previous promo. But judging on my the reactions, it does sound like a cry for attention to make your character/group look and feel noticeable. Which I know about cause I made a rape (it wasn't full on) and burning corpse (which everyone forgot about) promo to gain heat and to just get everyone's attention. But aye just keep at it and take the criticism lightly because at the end of the day... everyone is out to make everyone better.

until next time guys, take care.

Ginothony Bamtano

Banned
Reaction score
Right the reason I've been in and out of this league... besides not being as good as I was and absolutely hate losing matches. Mainly because I just don't care for it as I used to. I feel like because of the 2k servers and peoples connection The matches are really repetitive and boring. I don't care for 95% of the league characters... Like seriously this is probably the biggest problem. I may be a dick and not know what i'm talking about because i'm in and out of the league. But there is no new league characters in the 2k16 leagues, I care about. How can I invest in a character, who's name is Tony Stark... tell me ? The ps3 2k14 league was the shit for league characters and feuds. Everyone had something planned... or atleast a direction they wanted their character to go in. But with this, it feels exactly like a league. Sign up, promo, play the one on one match, repeat. It's like universe mode except you have no rivalry manager set up for your caw. It's just boring and shit... Plus everyone wants to make their rival or whatever look extremely weak. Like I get you wanna make your character look like superman to make a statement. Plus not if it's making the other look like gilberg. But now because of that, no-one is willing to be attacked. Like a shove could be seen as your character being looked weak and being buried. It's ridiculous. Hell I remember when I first started in the 2k14 league. I was attacked backstage, put through a table and hit with a sledgehammer in the backstage... All in the one night. Then attacked with a sledgehammer in the ring (it was pretty funny actually the guy who wrote it didn't have my character put up a fight or anything. Just had him watch his character exit the ring get the sledgehammer, enter the ring and attack him) But that's how it was so I brushed it off and went on with it. But aye those are like the reasons Why I can't really invest in the league tbh.
It's a shame, but I feel the only characters to have anything develop majorly were Jack Rogue, Andy Vega, Joseph Diamond, Blade, and Buster (Prolly forgot one or two). Other than them, I feel like everyone else is just sorta there. Also, notice how all of them are league veterans? I understand people can grow (The TWF league versions of KJ Kidd and Andy were utter toss), but as of now, I see not enough characters to invest in.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
It's a shame, but I feel the only characters to have anything develop majorly were Jack Rogue, Andy Vega, Joseph Diamond, Blade, and Buster (Prolly forgot one or two). Other than them, I feel like everyone else is just sorta there. Also, notice how all of them are league veterans? I understand people can grow (The TWF league versions of KJ Kidd and Andy were utter toss), but as of now, I see not enough characters to invest in.

Apart from Diamond... who I really dig tbf. I class them as 2k15 characters. But I agree.

Ginothony Bamtano

Banned
Reaction score
Apart from Diamond... who I really dig tbf. I class them as 2k15 characters. But I agree.
That's the point I'm trying to make. All of the 2k15 guys having further development, nothing much has happened in terms of genuine and authentic character development. Joe D is the only real exception.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Neilson's gotta throw the Undisputed World Heavyweight Championship to the ground and start defending the 'I Didn't Call The Promo Shit' title.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
@Welsh-Wizard-97 wasn't our stable with James the kid (rip) called Anarchy Inc? Or Danger Inc? It was something like that, and you deleted the promo.
Damage INC... Yeah, it kinda died after the first promo because of how utterly bad James was at promos... And the fact that we were planning a slow debut and he just said he was part of a group and named us in it in the promo and completely ruined everything, lol.

Reactions: Ginothony Bamtano

Ginothony Bamtano

Banned
Reaction score
Damage INC... Yeah, it kinda died after the first promo because of how utterly bad James was at promos... And the fact that we were planning a slow debut and he just said he was part of a group and named us in it in the promo and completely ruined everything, lol.
I miss him. Him and HeelElite made TWF special.

Reactions: Geek773

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I miss Dreamer and his debute.
Just going to leave this here......

VPiX43p.png

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
anyone want to make the match card next week? I feel like allowing someone to make their own match card in their own special way. I don't want you copying everything I do since I want to see something new (Maybe something I could add next year)

Basically you make the matches for next week and post the results (Make the match PMs as well if you want....Add me of course)

I'm just doing this since I want to see what I could add to the weekly match cards next year. Basically whoever I pick is the secondary GM for a week

Ginothony Bamtano

Banned
Reaction score
anyone want to make the match card next week? I feel like allowing someone to make their own match card in their own special way. I don't want you copying everything I do since I want to see something new (Maybe something I could add next year)

Basically you make the matches for next week and post the results (Make the match PMs as well if you want....Add me of course)

I'm just doing this since I want to see what I could add to the weekly match cards next year. Basically whoever I pick is the secondary GM for a week
I vote @The ReagMaster

Reactions: The Gipper