The Other Paul Heyman Guy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So we've got Punk and Brock coming up at Summerslam. Axel isn't even on the card. Now it's possible that he'll do a run in during the match, but in my estimation being a Paul Heyman guy really isn't doing anything for him at the moment. Sure he's the IC Champ (like that means something) but he hasn't done much with it and aside from the occasional run in he's not really got TV time since the second or third count out victory he got.

What do you think will he get his time after Summerslam or is he getting the shaft?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He'll get his time after SummerSlam and Lesnar is gone for awhile. Heyman can they focus on him entirely for a few months. Just think SummerSlam's build up cost him some time but I still think WWE has big plans for him. However, he's gotta do something at SummerSlam regardless even if it's just a backstage promo where Heyman tells Axel not to get involved in Punk/Lesnar.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah i'm sure his time will come back around after SummerSlam and I would imagine that he'll end up feuding with Punk so that he can get one back over on Heyman after losing to Brock.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Axel's agent is busy with someone bigger than him, you think A-Rod's agent is focusing on some youngboy fresh out of AAA right now? No, his big client has some sjhit going down. Needs his attention more than a bluechip prospect atm.

I would say that Axel would be the logical next opponent for Punk, but since Punk pretty much played Hulk Hogan to Axel's Billy Kidman and just ate him up and made him look like a tool, doubt that happens.

Axel works his way through all the major names like Kofi, Truth, Santino....

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think so too but it seems like it'd have been better for him if they'd waited to debut him a little longer. Or just given him something to do in the meantime.

Killz

Reaction score
This is an odd situation in recent times (see: a few years maybe since Nexus) that you look at the roster and see a TON of these so-called 'young guys' aka guys we haven't seen on TV and everyone clambers for them to be main eventers and big news. We're lucky to be getting Bryan, we're lucky to be getting a fresh Orton but that's in terms of the main event. When I work down the card in my head I see upside in so many guys, plus a lot who aren't even regulars on TV, but Axel is lost in the shuffle.

What was the point of giving him Heyman as a mouthpiece just as you kickoff the Brock/Punk feud? Moreover, what's the point of doing the HHH program for him to be fed as enhancement to Punk? Why isn't Axel out there stood next to Lesnar like a freakin' deer in headlights just to get some of that badass rub? It doesn't make sense. When you look at the SHIELD you see 3 potential main event talents. Sure, Rollins is a perennial challenger but would anyone be surprised if in 5 years time all 3 have had World Title shots? Nope. What about Bryan and Punks longevity? 2,3,4 more years? Wyatt is a star. His lackys might be stars. Cesaro is a star.

Things will get better for Axel after Summerslam but for the first time since Heyman has been back I don't think he alone is enough. Axel is an underwhelming character, a great worker and a piece of driftwood in a sea of talent.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think he'll be fine after SummerSlam, but it has been really poor booking. Should at least have a match on Raw here and there instead of just cameos during Punk/Heyman stuff

CGS

Reaction score
Yeah likes others have said once Summerslam is over he will be ok. Lesnar will be gone until at least the end of Jan so Heyman will pretty much focus all his energy on him.
[MENTION=31]Killz[/MENTION] Axel doesn't really need to be out and proud alongside Paul and Lesnar right now, That feud is fine the way it is and Axel would just feel like a 3rd wheel in it all and wouldn't stand out at all.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
I dunno, I don't think this push is working for him. As much as I like him, I don't think he's getting over at all, it feels really forced and he's getting lukewarm reactions at best. I think they've put too much stock in the Heyman rub and assumed if they stick him with Heyman it'll automatically get him over. But it's not working because he doesn't seem to have any individual character of his own, he's just the guy who's with Heyman. His promos are a real problem, they suck. And I don't think it's his fault, he's blatantly being fed lines which are total shite. Nobody could turn all those cheesy weak "perfection" references into anything that isn't cringe worthy. It just feels like he's doing the best he can with a role that's a bit wank and he's not really suited to. If they want it to work for him they need to make him look stronger, concentrate on his ring work, and either give him something more to work with promo-wise or not have him talk at all. And just generally stop making him look like a complete moose knuckle all the time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has been a bit of a waste not to use him more and at the very least get him wrestling regularly on RAW and Smackdown, even defending his IC title there. I get that Heyman is busy with his biggest client but Heyman can pull double duty and work with Axel as well on the shows. In the end Axel still seems so bland, it is odd because his dad was so charismatic. He needs to come out of his shell a bit more.

I wonder if he will end up like Ted DiBiase Jr where he can't get out of his father's shadow and ends up doing nothing much as a singles guy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I honestly don't know what creative is supposed to do with Axel at this time, the Summerslam card is a full plate and you alienate other acts like Shield, Sandow/Rhodes if you just throw him on the card, I get that the Divas match is shit, but those buffer matches are needed, look what the lack of buffers did to the last Mania. It totally killed the other matches after Taker/Punk.

Not real sure a match with a Kofi or equivalent is going to do him at Summerslam, or just having TV matches. Because matches don't give you personality, you need time on the stick and he just doens't get them yet. But intime he will and hopefully he will be better than his last few at bats in his initial push because those were terrrible.

His family shadow is too large to overcome imo, if this was kayfabe years, his name would be changed and he wouldn't have that burden. But these days, every offspring of stars are going to be Greg Gagne's and David Flairs.

rakat

Reaction score
They aren't using him properly. If they ever figure that out, there will be hope for him. As of now, though, not so much.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He's momentarily taking a backseat to one of the biggest names in the business; Brock Lesnar. Once Lesnars done with Punk then Axel will get 100% of Heyman and the booking revolving around Heymans attention.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Can I use this thread as a forum to vent my extreme anger in having him use the perfect-plex as a setup move that everyone kicks out of.... One of the great finishers of one of the best workers of all time! What's worse is that he throws it very well and could easily pull it off as a finisher himself, if you're gonna use it, use it right..... but as for the main topic, I think he'll be alright after SS as well, and I think we'll see a Punk feud as Punk works his way towards Heyman and those should be some quality matches