The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
I get the fact that we were supposed to heavily into HHH getting his revenge....but seriously, he uses the Orton's punt then just punches the crap out of him and then the pedigree.

Has there ever been a more boring ending to a WM?

Now, I was ready to buy into HHH winning, but the way that he did pick up the victory didn't seem to have both men coming out strong which is normally the idea one would think.

Wordlife

^THANK YOU!!!

We all knew he was going to use the slegehammer at some point in the match, he does that in every fucking ppv match he's in. But I would've liked to have seen a counter RKO instead of a quick Pedigree and that's it. A counter war like Taker/HBK probably would have been a lot better than that shitty of an ending... which goes to show you why Taker/HBK will be Match of the Year, or possibly Best Match Ever... and Orton/HHH ended a half-way decent Wrestlemania on a shitty note

PeepShow

You could just say the main event had a house show feel to it. Nothing more tbh.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I feel betrayed to be honest. I mean if your not goona have Randy go over, at least have him get screwed over. Not just get completely destroyed by Triple H down the stretch. I mean the kick was enough, the sledgehammer could have got the pin. But why have him just mount Orton and pummel the shit out of him. Your basically saying here is your new face of your company getting his fucking ass kicked in and out at the main event of the biggest show of the year in the year were Orton is supposed to be cemented. Why even have a rematch at Backlash if your goona have HHH just win so cleanly.

Wordlife

yeah and next year HBK will retire, but who could he face to have him retired? Mysterio? LOL... he already retired JBL twice!

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Definitely agree.....from watching this main event, it doesn't look like Orton should even be getting a rematch.

With the McMahon-Legacy brawl at the end of RAW, how could they not be incorporated into the match? I don't really get it

PeepShow

Someone who was at the event just called in to Meltzer's radio show and said the top level of the arena was emptying out before the main event even started and then compared it to a TNA PPV feel. :lmao fuckin owned.

Wordlife

^LMFAO! PURE EPIC FAIL ON WWE'S PART FOR PRODUCING A SHITTY SUPERBOWL-SHOW OF THEIR BUSINESS

newmie

Reaction score
I'm going with the overwhelming consensus that the PPV was pretty average. And it started with what could have been a Top 3 match of the card being pulled from the show. I mean seriously, The Colons and Mizorrison would have been a killer match, and the best tag match in years (and who knows it might have been, but people who didnt attend Mania wont know until the DVD). But anyway heres my review:

MITB: Not a bad match to be totally honest. I liked it much more than previous years (except the first). It was good because it wasn't just a spot fest. There was some decent innovation with the ladders, without the match turning into leap, after leap after leap off the ladders. Kofi did some good things, as did Christian, and I was even impressed with Mark Henry. Not that happy that CM Punk won, just because in the match he didnt stand out so i think unworthy of winning. IMO based on who put the best show on in the match Christian or Shelton should have won.

The Diva Battle Royal: Well, it was never going to be that good, it was much too hard to follow in the begining... too many women (never thought that would ever be an issue in my life). "Santina" was obviously going to win... perhaps the women's championship is next on her agenda?

Jericho vs. the Legends: Well with Snuka in it, the match was going to be lackluster at best, so i'm glad he got eliminated quick. Piper imo did pretty well for a guy who has never been athletic (and even more so now) and also has cancer. Steamboat but on the performance of the night i rekon, well maybe not that far, but he was extremely good, and proved he can still go.
Flair was always going to get involved at the end, and also Rourke. The decent thing is Jericho won and then they got involved, I don't care what could have happened during the match, if Jericho lost I would have turned off WWE television for ever.

Jeff vs. Matt: Equal Match of the Night with Taker/Michaels. Both put on a great match, and I think silenced some of those people who were critical of the match up going in to Mania. But my problem with it was that it was too short, why waste our time with a diva Battle Royal and a bullshit performance by Kid Rock (not saying it was bad, just that it didnt need like 6 songs). Good win for Matt hopefully it can push him to a couple of World Title Matches, but I think he still needs to prove himself a few more times in high profile singles matches before he can carry the gold.. but he's on his way.

Rey vs. JBL: I saw it coming from a mile away. A waste of time, Rey's entrance went longer, and was probably more exciting. Now that JBL has "Quit" hopefully he can fill Tazz's void in commentary, or just retire for good, hes lost it in the ring... As for Rey, hopefully he can put on some decent matches for the title. I think The IC title is on its way to Smackdown during the draft, hopefully that can give it some life.

Taker vs. Michaels: Great Match. Started off steady and got better and better, and faster and faster. Seriously, if these guys don't get another title run soon it's bs, they are the oldest guys on the roster and still putting on the best matches. Great finish, with the moonsault reversal. And Good courage by Taker to keep going strong after landing on his head.

Cena vs. Show vs. Edge: Cena was the obvious winner, Edge and Show with continue to fued, and really the title would just get in the way of the storyline. Match was ok at best, not bad, but not Wrestlemania Material... But the highlight of the night came when I heard the Dr. of Thuganomics music, pure gold.

Triple H vs. Orton: I mean I have seen Main Events suck before, but not like this. Not only was it slow and boring, the fans couldn't give two hoots either. Orton needed to win, having Triple H win just solidifies the fact that when push comes to shove, in a match that could absolutely make someone, whether its him or Vince (whoever makes the decision) they can't pull the trigger. Not that the match was any good, but the fued needed to have Orton come out on top winning the title, they built him up as the ultimate bad guy, having him win would solidify that, and then the guy who beats him for the title is the ultimate babyface, and would just work wonders for pushing bigger and better faces.

Other Comments:

-Why was there no blood? A MITB, Extreme Rules, Triple Threat no dq, and a huge Revenge Match. If MITB and the Triple threat mmatch had no blood, why the hell wouldnt the Hardys and Orton v. HHH not have blood? If the rivalries were as intense as they were making out, why not have HHH bloody the crap outta Orton, and The hardy's beat each other to a pulp (with weapons btw).

-So when did storylines become more important than titles? Both World Title matches were overshadowed by storylines. If its a wrestling program the World Titles whould be the biggest part of the show, not a love triangle story and a guy beating on another guys family... just stupid.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Creative dropped the fucking ball on this one. I mean how long did they spend on Taker v HBK? Like a week? It seems like they rapped up Orton vs HHH in about 15 minutes, ok ah, do some shit on the outside, then inside, then Randy you grab the hammer, but HHH will kick you and hit you with the hammer, than he will punch you in the face and groan like a fucking walrus, than you will get picked up and pedigreed and job like your fucking Funaki. This PPV in all honesty sucked. If Randy wins the title at Backlash.. doing it cleanly is not realistic enough to be done correctly after the beating he took tonight... God this is bullshit.

Great One

Yeah, I didn't understand why Legacy didn't do a run-in either, but whatever.

Wordlife

^legacy nor McMahons at all, terrible match again as I point out each time someone posts a new reply... they made it out to be such a HUGE revenge rivalry and made it such a shitty match. WWE really fucked up this ppv

Klide

Someone who was at the event just called in to Meltzer's radio show and said the top level of the arena was emptying out before the main event even started and then compared it to a TNA PPV feel. :lmao fuckin owned.

That was true I was at the event it seems all the hype ran the peopl out the stadium LOL match was O.K. (7 out of ten) but the undertaker and hbk pure 10 well at least of u were at the event. Best match I've seen.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
They could have done so much with screwing over Randy or HHH in this with Legacy or the Mcmahons or just something. Instead they just have a completely clean match with a few spots and a ref knock down. Why? Its your night to show why your the A company. You've been giving us good shows lately and you drop the ball on your anniversary show? Really? I can't wait to see what there going to say on RAW tommorow. "What a great Wrestlemania we had last night!" Liar fucking dickhole.