The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Mr Kennedy will return tonight to cost someone MITB or attack cena im calling that to lol.

noumenon

....What rematch clause?...he was nowhere near the belt for months..lmao

LKP

Batista is injured dude lol. Torn hamstring is nasty he wont be back til about june time. But i do think an appearance is due.

LKP

Make the animal heel and attack hhh and carry steph away as if hes taking her away lol. Now no one will see that coming at wm 25.

the dark knight

legends beat jericho after rourke interferes

taker beats hbk

like g1 said, batista runs in and helps triple h get the victory

cena wins

mvp or christian winning teh MITB...and speakin of mvp, when the hell did he turn face? wtf

matt hardy wins

the dark knight

maybe its because im sleepy but that was possibly the worst wrestlemania i have ever seen.

the only match that was slightly worth watching was taker's.

PeepShow

Nah, you aren't the only one. It fuckin sucked. Apart from HBK/Taker, which was one of the best matches I've ever seen, everything else was garbage imo. MITB was decent enough, but :lmao @ Punk winning. I'll give my full thoughts later. How awful.

the dark knight

apart from what i said in the shitbox i dont really know what to say, it sucked. im too tired to explain.

horrible rumble, GOOD build up to mania, worse-than-rumble mania....

thanks wwe

Wordlife

Good PPV imo, though some of the outcomes of the matches SUCKED...

Best Matches: Taker/HBK (best match ever in the history of wwe imo... im totally serious here)

Cena/Edge/Show was pretty good, of course I'm happy with that outcome :D

MITB was decent too, though Punk winning fucking sucked

Jeff/Matt was hella good too, but another shitty outcome

Worst Matches: HHH/Orton... boring as fuck, and Orton should've won

Divas match was Blue as all hell, yet Santino winning was funny!

Colons/Mizorrison sucked cause it wasnt on TV and the wrong team won!

JBL/Mysterio was fucking a waste of 21 seconds, could've ended faster

Jericho/Legends flatout sucked too

Thats what I thought of WM25... a very bad review for a somewhat good ppv... I thought it was good, but some of these matches sucked though. I'm still pissed with Orton not winning, so I won't be talking much more about WM25 unless it involves the beauty of Taker/HBK

xtremebadass

Well, here is my two cents. I ordered this very "Unique" PPV. My DirectTV went out halfway through the show thanks to the snow, but I watched the rest on the web. It was...well...different. I am not going to say it was bad, because calling it bad would be calling it WrestleMania 23, and it wasn't that bad, but close.

Positives:
-Cena wins World Title (THUGANOMICS!!!!!!!)
-Undertaker vs. HBK
-Great MITB Match (minus the winner)
-Ricky F**CKIN' STEAMBOAT
-Kid Rock put on a good show surprisingly
-Triple Threat was actually decent
-Matt vs. Jeff OWNED

Negatives:
-Divas Battle Royale was a CLUSTER-F*CK
-Orton Jobs to HHH
-Punk win MITB, as if his first title reign wasn't bad enough
-No Tag title match on the actual show
-The Colons won.
-Rey's horrible impersonation of Heath Ledger, Rey...WTF!? You looked like you escaped from the mental institution.
-Short IC title match
-No Matt Striker or Todd calling the MITB
-The main event wasn't a wrestling match, it was a very sloppy brawl.

I lost track of the negatives. I still am not saying it was bad, I don't think Mania is bad unless it's worse than 23. The main event should have been Taker vs. HBK by far, or even Cena could have main evented instead of the WWE title match for sure.

Wordlife

^mike I could'nt agree with you more... you hit on all the spots I wanted to too

Oh and yeah Kid Rock was actually pretty good =]

MikeRaw

Wow, am I the only one who really liked this PPV?
There were some big flaws though. The biggest being the complete lack of promos... What the hell was with that? No interviews with superstars, and nothing happening backstage.

However, I have no complaints about the matches, or outcomes...
-MITB was pretty good. One noticeable botch, but the match made up for it. Better than I expected with Henry and Finlay in there. This match was good. enough for me. 3.5/5
-The divas battle royale was a clusterfuck, but they made it tollerable by making it fairly quick, and not to chaotic. Bad match, decent comedy 1.5/5
-The Jericho vs Legends was actually quite good. Steamboat was the best of all the legends, and did pretty damn good. The story of this match also helped it. 3/5
-Hardy vs Hardy was quite good. Some pretty impressive spots, especially the end twist of fate. That was sick. 4/5
-Michaels vs Taker was absolutely fuckin awesome. One of the best matches of the past 5 years at least. Not to mention, I didn't have a clue who would win. They actually made it convinving that Shawn had a chance to win. 5/5
-The Edge/Cena/Show match was better than expected. Nothing great. 3.5/5
-HHH vs Orton was actually very good IMO. I liked the pace, and the intensity. The crowd never gave it a chance, and was dead from the start. They kept looking to the right, and I started to think there was something like a fight or injury in the crowd. I liked this match. 4/5

The Austin and Rourke skits were well done too.
The only major flaws were the lack of interviews, and a few btoched spots. I'm pleased overall.
Let me also mention that I was impressed alot with the presentation. Cole, King, and JR made a great team, the set was great, the lighting was awesome, and overall easy on the eyes.
I was pretty pleased with the results. Cena winning was good IMO. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he's growing on me a bit, but either way (and this is comign from a massive Edge fan) I'm glad he won.... Matt beating Jeff is fine with me, Jericho beating the legends is the right move as well... Taker beating HBK was the best choice, Rey beating JBL I'm fine with, The Santino thing was for jokes,so no complaints, and now, finally, for the main event... I actually love that Punk won. People will say "His first reign sucked", well, that's probably why they let him win again. To now let him have arun where he isn't the underdog. Now that he's won MITB twice, they can book him properly, and let him have a good reign. I was hopign Christian would win, but I'm fine with Punk winning. I'm actually disappointed HHH won. I like him alot, but I would've prefered to see Orton trick him into losing his cool, and having him just beat down Orton, and Orton winning the title.
I'll give this WrestleMania a 4/5. I expected a bit more, but this was very well done IMO.