The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

So is this how Mania is shaping up?

-WWE Title: RKO vs. HHH
-World Title: Edge vs. Big Show
-HBK vs. Taker
-MITB
-Hardy vs. Hardy
-Christian vs. Swagger
-Miz and Morrison vs. Colons
-Maryse vs. Melina

Maybe a match with Cena or Chris Jericho, or some other match on the card at most? Maybe Trish as the ref for the Women's match?

CenaMark54

I think Mania is started to shape up quite well.

Orton vs HHH has been salvaged and is now one of the best on going feuds since the Rock and Austin. Depending on how it ends, it could be considered one of the greatest of all the times. There is so much history, both personal and professional. Orton is in his prime and at the top of his game. HHH is back in his element of being a badass.

Edge vs Show is currently being underrated. It definitely makes sense and hasn't just been thrown together. It has gotten a slow and subtle build for months. I think this match can stand along as a solid undercard match without the addition of Cena. I don't think Cena should even be inserted.

HBK vs Taker is a dream match many have been clamoring for for the last year. We got what we wanted, even if it is somewhat predictable.

There are still a lot of unknowns at this point. Will a legend return to face Jericho? What will they do with Cena?

HHH vs Orton and HBK vs Taker is enough to sell the PPV. Whether or not it is a great PPV will depend on what happens with Jericho and Cena.

Airfixx

Last shot...

*WWE: HHH/Orton w/Legacy
*WHC: Edge/Cena/Show
*ECW: Swagger/Dreamer (or Bourne subject to fitness)
*IC: JBL/Mysterio
*Tag Unification: Mizorrison v The Colons
*Taker/HBK (Kozlov interferes costing Taker the streak... Taker/Koslov begin a full blown fued without any notable mic work/promo action. LOL)
*Matt/Jeff (LMS)
*Jericho/[insert legend here]
*MITB - CM Punk, Kane, Mark Henry, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Christian & ************. (Look, ma’, no spoiler!)
*Melina v Trish Stratus (Battle Royal Winner)

LKP

My last shot on Wm 25....

HHH V Orton wwe title Orton wins
Edge V cena vs show w/ Vickie ref Whc title Edge Retains
Jack swagger vs Evan bourne vs dreamer Ecw title Swagger wins
JBL V Kozlov Ic title Jbl wins
Hbk V Undertaker Taker wins
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy street fight Jeff hardy wins
Jericho vs Austin Unsanctioned or no rules Austin kicks jerichos ass
MITB Cm Punk V Kane V ????? V Christian V Kofi Kingston V Mark Henry V Mvp V Shelton Benjamin I say MVP wins it
I think a tag title match will happen here.
But with 4 teams Priceless V Cryme tyme V Colons V Miz N Morrison Unification i dunno yet. Miz N morrison win it.
25 diva battle royal winner will be Either Trish or Beth phoenix

Reaction score
HHH v Orton is looking like a DAMN good feud and match...

Taker v HBK is amazing so far and that match should almost 100% be a show stealer...

MITB will be good as usual... Hoping for a christian win or a repeat of the Straight Edge Superstar winning :)

Reaction score
Ack, I forgot about Hardy/Hardy

That match BETTER deliver with the hype and emotion involved in that match... If it doesnt I RIOT :D

Also the triple threat match is meh to me right now and id LOVE to see a Big Show win but it will be either Edge sneakily or Cena.. I love cena but id like to see a little more of a chase for the title then what it is...

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
My quick thoughts on the matches that pop out in my head.

Triple H versus Randy Orton:
The feud thats made me want to start watching RAW again. I never watch wrestling on television anymore, but after seeing the pictures from the incident at the Orton home, this is ushering in a new light of badass on the whole entire WWE. You can say Triple H is horrible, but quite frankly, I'm a tremendous fan. Randy Orton started the feud as a heel, and then took it way to far when he RKO'd Stephanie McMahon. That was the push Triple H needed to become heel so he can drop the belt at Wrestlemania right. No one wants to see the good guy who defends his wife's honor lose to Randy Orton at the biggest show all year. So the house of Orton segment gave Triple H the sense of "I'm out for blood whether its yours or you families.". This feud should produce a great match. I'm ecstatic about it, and I think will be a huge highlight for the show.

Shawn Michaels versus The Undertaker:
Honestly, I think the fan base is what's building the match. WWE's getting extremly lazy over here. This match has been teased for quite awhile. At the Royal Rumble, No Way Out, and not to mention the fact that 'taker put Michaels on the sideline in the casket match. No one has said much about this being their last match, and talk about 'taker losing his streak is ridiculous. If anything, I see Undertaker winning again, then Michaels going full blown heel, and the two eventually have a Hell In A Cell rematch, where Undertaker promises to remedy his previous loss. That's not the case as Michaels destroys Undertaker, and eventually leads to another match similar to the Orton/Undertaker rivalry. The match can be good though, but honestly I'm losing my taste of Undertaker. He needs to add some spice, get a (cool) new move, or hopefully a new gimmick. Michaels can always produce a great match so there's no worries on his part.

John Cena versus Big Show versus Edge:
I'm a tremendous Edge fan, and an even bigger John Cena fan. Big Show in the main event has been teased for quite some time so don't say you didn't see it. Vickie Gurrero supposeably has feelings for Big Show, and thats the cause of his current push. John Cena was an add in because WWE know's very well that Big Show, and Edge couldn't carry a main event on their own. It just wouldn't sell right. As for the match quality, I can see it not being too bad. A lot of spots are available, hence an F-U on Big Show followed by a Spear from Edge. Big Show about to chokeslam, but a Spear prevents that. I think Edge should win though because John Cena doesn't deserve a title back yet. The thing with face champions is you cant play them out, then everything goes to shit if you do. So I hope Edge retains, but I wouldn't be suprised if Cena wins it just to have a feel good moment in the night. I can see Big Show winning it, but it'd have to be some crazy screw job like Vickie screwing Edge by not making the last count, and Big Show recovers, and chokeslams the champion. I'd enjoy seeing that, and besides I think WWE should give Big Show one last reign before retirement, since he's been so loyal to the company. I'm split on the out come of the match, but the quality won't be bad. All you internet loser's stop jumping the band wagon in saying it will be bad. The storyline hasn't been built so much on Cena which is why I don't see him being victorious. In another note, I'm pissed that Cena, and Edge's first WM match was a triple threat. Oh well, lets see how it goes.

Money In The Bank Match:
Well we have Kane & Mark Henry to be the hulks of the match, lumbering, and tossing everyone. We have Shelton Benjamin, and Kofi Kingston doing the high flying spots. Finlay can take some heavy hits, and brawl the match out, so can Porter. Then, the real playmakers of the match, CM Punk and Christian. Both are going high, and both are taking hits without a doubt. I want to see some frogsplashes from Ladders, all that. The match is going to be spectacular as always. Who's going to win? I want Christian to win, then be drafted off to SD!, or RAW, then following that he cashes in on the opposite show that he wasn't drafted too. Christian will be tossed around so the storyline writers can get a feel for him on the two main shows. I doubt Finlay, Henry, Kane, and Kofi will win. CM Punk won't be given it twice. I know it. So it leaves Porter, who should get it. Will he? I don't know. I'm good with Porter, or Christian. Then the two can feud over it. Who ever wins. The match will be good though.

As for everything else, I'll provide my insight later. Right now these are the four matches I really care about, The Hardy's doesn't get my attention one bit. It started good, then I lost interest. I'm not 100% sure what else is on the card besides a battle royale, like last year's ECW one.

Reaction score
HHH vs Orton and HBK vs Taker is enough to sell the PPV.

That's the bottom line - sadly the remainder of this show is by no means worthy of Wrestlemania, let alone the 25th Anniversary!

And yes, this means I am slowly backing down from declaring Hardy vs. Hardy a sleeper, and a possible match of the night.

The Big Show got his "main event" at Wrestlemania XXIV - the match vs. Floyd Mayweather, Jnr. was publicised as such in the mainstream, I believe.

noumenon

This Mania is seriously pitiful. The fact that they're now 2 weeks out really doesn't leave any room for improvement on the card either.
The only matches wprth ordering for are HHH/Orton and Taker/HBK.
Other than that the fact that they're selling this as the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania is seriously an insult.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I gurrantee you will swallow you're words once Wrestlemania weekend arrives. So please, don't band wagon anything. The card isn't bad. The RAW main event is solid, and you all are complaining about Big Show in the main event. Undertaker v. HBK is probably the least built match on the card, and all of you are saying it can sell the ppv? How so? Hardy v. Hardy is the only match I think won't deliver as much as expected but I can be wrong. Who know's really.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Overall I think Wrestlemania looks decent, but seriously not good enough for the 25th anniverserary WM. I think that the creative team should have come up with something a little bit more epic and watchable than what they did. The only reason I am ordering this right now is to see Orton hold the belt at WM. Which is not even a gurantee. Hopefully during the show they announce something because right now its not worth the $50 i will being paying to see

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm with noumenon on this one. For them to be hyping this mania as the 25th Aniversary, the build-up to it sucks. Though adding to his comment, I actually want to see the MitB. This year we have a different mix of type of guys that's in it. So we should see different things in it.

Reaction score
I have high hopes for MiTB (but that's the norm for a glorified spotfest) and the Tag Team Unification Match. The rest are unspectacular.

The Tag Team match is an excellent inclusion. For one we are going old school by including a tag team match at Wrestlemania again, and both the Colons and Mizorrison have put together fantastic matches already on television. Now the Bella Twins have separated and sided with both teams, and all three shows can be used to promote this match. This is definitely the new sleeper of the card.

LKP

ECW Championship Match
Jack Swagger © vs. Winner of Pre-WrestleMania Battle Royal on WWE.com

Pre WrestleMania Battle Royal
Including The Miz & John Morrison, Tommy Dreamer, R-Truth, Vladamir Kozlov, Chavo Guerrero, Carlito & Primo Colon, The Great Khali, William Regal, Jamie Noble, Mike Knox, Jesse & Festus, Evan Bourne and Umaga.

I went on wwe.com and it was there then went back and its gone again so take it for whats it worth, and it was not there now when i checked. So same thing as last year then with ecw title? My guess is either dreamer wins it then or bourne will. And win the title at Wm25.

noumenon

It'll obviously be Bourne.
They either don't give a fuck about Swagger anymore or really want to take him off ECW come the draft because they have not done shit with him in the past month since Christian debuted.