The Official Wrestlemania 25 Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

^Yes.

I used to be a huge HHH fan up until a few years ago. Since then he's served no purpose, shown none of the rage and emotion I used to love him for. Last night seemed to be the return of that HHH. He doesn't HAVE to be a heel to be that bad ass Triple H again.
With Orton at the best he has ever been in his career and newly renewed HHH I really think we're headed towards something special at Mania.
I remember sitting on the edge of my couch last night for the first time in years and I bugged out when HHH made the save. Even my girl looked at me and went "Wait...you want Orton to get his ass kicked!? I THOUGHT HE WAS YOUR FAVORITE!?"

Montana

My excitement level is excitment level is about where it was in December. Things have pretty much planned out as expected. C4 summed it up pretty well, and the event doesn't have the "big event" feel to me. I never said it would be a bad show, or anything like that, it's just a lack of effort on the booking, Imo.

HHH vs Orton

- Makes sense, i don't have a huge problem with this match. My biggest dissapointment with this make is that we've seen it million times, and they've already used the "last man standing" match. So i'm not sure what they plan to add more fuel to the fire.

Edge vs Cena

- Doesn't work too well for me. Yes Edge/Cena work great together, but just was slung together last minute and very obivous. I said a few weeks before NWO, IF they want to have HHH vs. Orton....the problem is that it doesn't leave much for John Cena, your #1 draw, and top attraction. The wwe booking commitee realized that, and came up with Edge winning the belt, thus restarting the fued. Again, what is the wwe going to do to make this special.

HBK vs Taker

- Very poor setup. HBK and JBL argueing over who's going to challenge The Undertaker. #1, He's not even on Raw. #2, Why would Taker want to face either of these guys. #3 wouldn't Vladimir Kozlov want some revenge?

Hardy vs Hardy

- Swerve, just to do a swerve. Good match, but i think this is goign to be a show stealer. In fact i'm afraid this may not get enough hype leading into mania.

Christian vs Swagger????

Ehhh

Jericho vs Austin (Best case)

I think Jericho deserves a win here. I thought bringing Christian in to fued with Jericho, but have been a good way to showcase both guys in a top notch match, and allow Jericho to go over. Not too excited for this, but maybe i gotta see Austin back first.

I'm still surprised people are excited about this. I suppose it could be worse, but the booking for WM has been downhill the past 2-3 years imo. 23 had great main events, but a very poor undercard. 24 was alright, but Flair's retirement match kinda saved the show.

kingovkings

Reaction score
LOL yeah big mark out moment. Last night. I was shouting and jumped up a few times =/. God i hope that he keeps that emotion running through him now. He deffo needs it. A nice new fresher Trips. Along with Pyscho Orton that recipe for Awsomness :)

noumenon

I'm sure next week on RAW we'll see the complete annhilation of Priceless at the hands of HHH with Orton barely slipping through his fingers.

xtremebadass

When I first got wind of the whole Orton vs. Triple H posibility at WrestleMania this year, I was bummed that they would by-pass Orton vs. Cena for it, but after what happened at No Way Out and Orton's distruction of the McMahon's, I think it would make perfect sense let alone be a good rivalry and storyline. Triple H has been stale for almost a year because he was on SmackDown! and had short rivalries that virtually meant nothing. Triple H is more interesting when all the other elements of wrestling work with him.

1. The match has to be one-on-one

2. WrestleMania Main Events work best for Triple H

3. Has to be a title match

4. Has to be a 5 star rivalry and great build up

5. He has to be serious no-DX Triple H

From what I can see, that's the way things will be going. After HHH being so pissed yesterday, I don't see how he can deflate so much to where he cracks stale jokes like in DX. Serious Triple H is best, you know the badass sledgehammer swinging mf'er.

In addition to Triple H, Orton also builds this main event up even higher because even though these two have had many matches, they have never had that one BIG ONE between the two. They have always fought at smaller PPV's and their bigger matches aren't really too memorable. They have quite the history between the two and I think that will add all the more to this match. It should be good, I don't see why people wouldn't like this.

noumenon

^Not to mention the disappointing finish to their One Night Stand match. We never got to see a proper finish to their feud the last time with HHH being drafted away to Smackdown.

Reaction score
Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Edge © vs. John Cena

No DQ Match for the WWE Championship

Triple H © vs. Randy Orton

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Extreme Rules Grudge Match

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Chris Jericho vs. [Insert Hall of Famer/Mickey Rourke here]

Singles Match for the ECW Championship

Jack Swagger © vs. Christian

Singles Match for the Intercontinental Championship

CM Punk © vs. William Regal

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

John Morrison vs. Primo vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Evan Bourne vs. MVP vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth

Umaga vs. The Great Khali inc. Kiss Cam w/ celebrity guests

Divas/Womens Lumberjill Match

No idea, so long as I can go pee.

Notes: Mostly predictable and I expect something will be added to both the ECW Championship match and the Hardy brothers' feud match, but I can't imagine what.

I don't think they've scraped the surface of CM Punk vs. William Regal, and neither does William himself ... I don't think MVP winning the US title is rewarding for slugging out a long losing streak, but winning the title at WM might be a different kettle of fish.

Reaction score
Reading Wikipedia this evening, as you usually do - and I came across this:

On January 12, 2009 edition of Raw, Austin was announced to be the first member of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2009.[40] Stone Cold Steve Austin is booked to appear at Raw tapings in Nashville (2/23) and San Antonio (3/16). Austin will be the special guest referee for the WWE Championship Match between Triple H and Randy Orton.

Someone jumping the gun a little.

Carry on ...

Reaction score
Anybody here think they are going to go with a triple threat for:

HBK V UNDERTAKER V JBL

I don't think I'd be psyched about this match, but what has JBL got if he's not against Taker come this Mania? A last minute rumble with someone? I doubt it - it'll have to be this, or a no show at Mania this year, in my opinion.

straight_edge76

Wrestle Mania Is always pretty good. I am looking forward to possibly a Hardy/Hardy TLC match? Orton/Edge for the WWE title? It likely wont happen but I would love to see it.

Emeritus

Reaction score
WWE
Triple H (C) v Randy Orton - NODQ - Stone Cold Special Guest Referee

World Heavyweight
Edge (C) V John Cena

Return Of Legend
Chris Jericho v Hulk Hogan- Ric Flair Special Guest Referee - Mickey Rourke & Roddy Rowdy Pipper Guest Commentators

MITB
Rey Mysterio v Kofi Kingston v Kane v Rob Van Dam v Umaga v CM Punk v Mr Kennedy

ECW
Jack Swagger v Christian v Tommy Dreamer v Finlay (Extreme Rules Match)

Big Show v The Rock...(Normally show fights some celebrity guy, but i cant see The Rock Missing out Wrestlemania 25? who knows, WWE always seems to surpise us)

Undertaker's Streak
Untertaker v Shawn Micheals

JBL v Vladimir Kozlov

Jeff Hardy v Matt Hardy

Undisputed Tag Team (what I think what might happen during the course to WrestleMania)
Morrison & Miz v Cryme Tyme v Rhodes & Dibiase v Colons

But for some reason, I think R-Truth will be rapping...

LadyHotrod

I can't help but think the Rourke/Y2J match would have been stupid.

I'm excited about the Hardy match! You just know it's gonna be intense and there will be loads of emotion in it!

Emeritus

Reaction score
Will The Rock be in WrestleMania 25?

i really would love to see him back, i just cant imagine seeing The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania with no Rock!?

Your Thoughts.

Dre

Reaction score
No because The Rock is done with wrestling. Now he's just focusing on his acting career.