*The Official Wrestlemania 24 Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Batista vs umaga im saying. Then mitb y2j vs jeff vs benjamin vs kennedy vs burke vs punk vs mvp vs matt hardy.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^i dont see why mvp and batista are wrestling week after week then, and batista and umaga havent even come into contct

well if batista was feuding with umaga what would be the catalyst? the two are on opposite shows and havet been involved against each other at all

Airfixx

^^at this stage it looks like it will be batista vs mvp, but i think it will be nonm-title (so batista can go over, and leave mvp with the title)

As a non-title match @ WM that would be horrible. There should be contenders snapping at MVPs heels like rabid dogs to get a crack at that belt - He certainly should't be afforded the opportunity to chill and have a match for mere bragging rights with Batista or anyone else.

If Matt H isn't gonna make Mania they need to cook a mini fued up for MVP over the next month... There's still time. Most obvious person with not much to do would be Jericho, but he's 'stranded' on Raw. Shame, I think they'd gel nicely, and lead to a damn good match whilst MVP could cheat to retain.

It's tough. I think the Smackdown roster is so one dimensional atm.

As for Batista, tough call again but I don't see there's anything for him.... Going out on a limb, a vicious attack from Pallumbo would give him a little revenge storyline, with Pallumbo trying to make a name for himself via the ex-WHC (Afterall Noble is hardly gonna return and beat the crap out of him is he?).

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I still think MVP will defend his title against Matt Hardy eventhough we haven't seen him or a return hype for him. I've seen an edition of Miz and Morrison's blog that talks about Matt Hardy. I haven't read it yet but I believe it hypes Hardy's return.

As for Batista, Airfixx' idea of having a Palumbo/Batista is okay but WWE didn't gave him a quite push after turning him heel so I think he's not a qualified for a WM match. If Umaga is not in the MITB, maybe he will just face Batista in an interpromotional match.

Airfixx

^^^Not saying it's an amazing angle or that the match would be great, just seems to me an easy solution for an otherwise awkward booking problem...

Would't be that hard to sell an athlete the size of Pallumbo as a legit threat to 'Tista and if he continued to play the heel role vicious yet cowardly (which kinda fits so far) I think the he could get enough heat to get the match over.

I dare say Batista V Umaga would be a good match if both put enough effort in, but I can't see the point of inter-promo matches if there's no angel to tie it together. Also, you'd expect Umaga to have to job, which I don't think would be good for him right now (he's performing well and starting to look a lot stronger again).

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I think there could be some interpromotional storylines that could happen between the two. Umaga is hyping about being the most dominating force in Raw, then maybe he decided to be also the dominant one in Smackdown, when he goes to Smackdown, he interferes in a match with Batista and cost him losing to it. Then Batista seeks for his revenge and attacks Umaga at Raw then their fued to mania.

Airfixx

Yeah, but how ya gonna explain Umaga appearing on SD to start with.

If this was gonna happen then they shoulda laid some seeds during the Rumble.

CenaMark54

I guess they could go with Flair vs Batista vs HBK, but I don't know if two thriple threats is a good idea.

For some reason I don't see Batista in the MITB match. He is too over as a face not to get his own match, although so is Hardy but Hardy will probably be winning MITB.

It just seems like they ran out of things to do with Batista around a year ago. After Wrestlemania, he needs to go to Raw, turn heel and feud with Cena.

the dark knight

maybe trade batista for hbk and jericho....so i can commit suicide.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say i don't think HBK/Flair match is gonna be the forgone conclusion everyone thinks it gonna be, I just think that with flair retiring at mania and with the whole if he loses he retires thing that everyone me inc thinks HBK gonna win, But i got a hunch that WWE gonna pull a shocker out of the bag like they have the last couple of ppv's and it gonna be in that match i think flair will beat HBK but he will make an announcement that he is still gonna retire anyway or something like that. But Ive been drinking so its probs that thats making me say dumb shit but you never know do ya lmao ;P

Reaction score
I will get shit on for this but when I look at the card I have the same feeling I had with WM 22. That one had a few good matches and and underrated co-main event. I'm talking the triple threat not HHH dressed up like a doofus.

Only Edge/Taker jumps out. They haven't met one on one which is really the hallmark of WM feuds. People want something fresh. Michaels/Flair has a chance but for me alone, I just don't like the way this is shaping up.

tbh i found wm 22 toi be a solid all round show minus the diva match and the fat black guy vs taker

Ed_cena

Reaction score
wm22 was a awesome ppv, only 2 matches sucks, taker vs henry and candice vs torrie, the rest was a hell of ppv.