The Official What If Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
What if Eddie Gurrero never passed away?

The Final Chapter

At Wrestlemania XXII, Chris Benoit defeated both Randy Orton, and Eddie Gurrero in a triple threat match to capture the World Heavyweight Championship after forcing Gurrero to tap out to the Crippler Crossface.

Eddie Gurrero, and Chris Benoit decide to throw a victory celebration the Smackdown! following Wrestlemania. Eddie Gurrero dubbed Chris Benoit the champion, and eventually the night turned bad after Randy Orton appeared on the titan tron. He gave a very formidable lecture voicing his opinons towards Benoit, but especially Gurrero. This led to the unthinkable, when Orton revealed in the back of a truck, he had Chavo Gurrero tied up, and taped shut. Orton gave a venomous smirk before revealing his location. He was atop of an ocean bluff in New York. The same city as the Smackdown! show, but the exact place was unknown. Orton closed the trunk of the truck before turning it on, and driving it off the bluff, and into the rocks, and waters below. The flame of the car was the ending of the extreme Smackdown!.

The next Smackdown!, Eddie Gurrero asked Theodore Long where Orton was. Long said he hadn't showed up tonight neither. Gurrero, clearly upset, has a match with Booker T. Midway through the match, Orton comes on the titantron, at another location. This one during the day. Orton is next to a car, and reveals he is at the Soccer Practice of Gurrero's daughter Sherilyn Gurrero. Eddie Gurrero begs Orton to not cause any harm, but Orton, across the nation, decides to creep up behind Sherilyn following the practice, and kidnap Eddie's own daughter. Randy Orton gives Gurrero the final glimpse of Sherilyn being tossed into the trunk of a black Sedan. Gurrero leaves the match, and goes to the back.

The third showing see's Gurrero going to an office. Not Long's but this time, Linda McMahons. Eddie Gurrero is seen telling his tale of the past days with Randy Orton. The conversation is cut, as Smackdown! goes along as usual. At the end of the night, Gurrero finally leaves the office with papers in hand. Gurrero approaches Theodore Long, and asks him to hand the papers to Orton the next time he comes around.

The fourth Smackdown!, Theodore Long addressing the situation is billed as one of two main events for the night. The other being Chris Benoit taking on the WWE Champion Triple H. In the second main event, the address, Long reveals to the crowd, and the absent Randy Orton that Linda McMahon scheduled a Hell In A Cell match at WWE's next pay per view, Backlash. McMahon's message also states that if Orton doesn't appear at the next Smackdown!, the one before Backlash to sign to papers, his contract will be terminated on the spot. Also, following the match at Backlash, if Gurrero wins, a restraining order will be signed on all members of the Gurrero family keeping Orton from them.

The final Smackdown!, see's Randy Orton finally appearing. He has a squad of at least eight to nine thuggish looking goon's surrounding him, and they are revealed to be Orton's "protection policy". Orton makes it to the ring, and makes one comment while signing the papers in front of Theodore Long, and Linda McMahon. Orton says that Gurrero faces the same fate as the other Gurrero's Orton's come into contact with. This leads to inevitable, when "Latino Heat" plays. Out comes Eddie Gurrero, followed by Chris Benoit, then Rey Mysterio. Orton challenges the three, who are weaponless, as Orton's goons reveal lead pipes, and boards of wood as their weapons. Gurrero doesn't answer back, as from the back, Hector Gurrero, Mando Gurrero, Batista, Dean Malenko, Vicky Gurrero, and Shaul Gurrero all appear. Eddie Gurrero is handed a microphone, and tells Orton he's gone way to far. Gurrero say's that if there's one thing you don't do, its mess with a man's family. Gurrero then yells out to Orton that he will never be the same after Backlash. Gurrero drops the microphone, as all the men, and women come down the ramp. The goon's prepare to do battle, as Eddie Gurrero charges into the ring, followed by Batista, World Heavyweight Champion Benoit, and Mysterio. Malenko, Mando, and Hector Gurrero circle the ring, showing no room for escape. An all out brawl ensues, as Eddie Gurrero gets to Orton, but out of no where, Orton pokes Gurrero in the eyes in the midst of the brawling, and rolls out of the ring to retreat through the crowd. Eddie Gurrero chases Orton through the crowd, and eventually the two find each other in the parking lot as Orton retreats in a car.

Will Eddie Gurrero avenge his family, or will Randy Orton prevail in the devil's playground, the Hell In a Cell?

ooc: I didn't want to write out the triple threat, and find that this match will be more fun to write. I'll say give me two weeks to finish it, but yeah. I'll enjoy this, and I hope you have enjoyed my installment in the "What If" series.