The Official Upcoming Wrestling DVDs Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: Wrestling DVD's Thread!

Really? I thought it was a tad disappointing. Only one WCW match (Even if it was awesome) while including a half dozen or so double dips of WWE matches.

There's still so many great Austin in WCW matches that have yet to see the light of day on DVD. So doing the third matches base Austin DVD, while still barely covering much Austin in WCW is a negative point for me.

Yeah I would have liked to see a few more WCW matches but this wasn't a match compilation DVD. The legacy of stone cold Steve Austin had a quite a few wcw matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Ohhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhh. I just got Macho Man the Randy Savage Ultimate Collection. All of Macho's greatest matches. Yes

Reaction score

Savage's DVD is great if you don't mind a lot of double dips. I got it last year for 15 bucks in a double pack with John Morrison's DVD. The best addition of the DVD were just all of the awesome 85-86 interviews. In all honesty, Savage during that time period is my favorite talker ever.

Now that they got all of the obvious matches out of the way, a Savage Vol. 2 DVD would be appreciated. This first DVD had three Ted DiBiase matches, yet they're all average. Savage and DiBiase had a loads better match on the final SNME before WM 4. Now THAT'S a match that needs to get on DVD.

Castiel

Reaction score

I'm definitely going to look into getting the Savage DVD.

I was at a store yesterday and saw that they had some wrestling DVDs, most were those "Superstar Collection" ones. They suck. It's basically throw 5 matches on a disc.

Reaction score

The Superstar DVD's look okay. They're cheap and give you a few matches your whet your whistle. They feel like a throwback to the old Coliseum Home Videos. Personally, I think it's sensless making them for the John Cena or Shawn Michaels of the world. Those are the guys you know can sell a 3 disc set. Instead, keep the single disc DVD's for guys like Dolph Ziggler or Kofi Kingston, who could benefit from having a DVD, but you know they're not going to sell a lot of volumes.

Castiel

Reaction score

But there was a John Cena DVD! Lol, Coliseum Home Videos always had more content too.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I will not waste my money on superstar collections when I can buy DVDs like Macho Man.

The Viper

Reaction score
The only "Superstar Collection" DVD I'd probably buy is the Zack Ryder one. The match listing is pretty nice. Been wanting to see his match with Christian again. Glad it's on a DVD.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

The only "Superstar Collection" DVD I'd probably buy is the Zack Ryder one. The match listing is pretty nice. Been wanting to see his match with Christian again. Glad it's on a DVD.

Kind of but it's still not worth it

Reaction score

But there was a John Cena DVD! Lol, Coliseum Home Videos always had more content too.

Psst...that's why I mentioned Cena and Michaels. ;)

And not really. Coliseum Home Video had a line of one hour tapes for a more affordable cost. The Ryder DVD had something like six matches. Meanwhile, the cheaper Colieum Home Video line only had five matches. Even when you go with the more expensive two hour Coliseum Home Video tapes, you may get matches that were clipped.

Anyone complaining about these Superstar DVD's are living in a world where they're spoiled with non-stop 3 disc DVD's of nine hours each. As long as you're not comparing the Superstar DVD's with the regular 3-4 disc releases, they're awesome.

Not Daniel Bryan's? If I was going to buy one, it'd be his. Getting the Miz US Title switch and SD's MITB for a little over 5 bucks? Great.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I'd get the Sheamus one. I like his match selection.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just tell your dad a negro looked at you and I am sure he will get to for you.

Reactions: 1 person

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

My cousin bought the Ryder one and I've watched it, it's pretty good in my opinion but I'm not sure if I would buy it myself not cause it's only a few matches but meh I don't get many wrestling dvd's anyway.

The Viper

Reaction score
Not Daniel Bryan's? If I was going to buy one, it'd be his. Getting the Miz US Title switch and SD's MITB for a little over 5 bucks? Great.

Very good point. Not sure if I've seen the match listing on that one but if the SD MITB match and the US Title match is on there, that's a sure buy.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Very good point. Not sure if I've seen the match listing on that one but if the SD MITB match and the US Title match is on there, that's a sure buy.

Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho - NXT 2/23/10 (debut)
Daniel Bryan vs The Miz (US Title) - Night of Champions 2010
Smackdown MITB ladder match - Money in the Bank 2011
Daniel Bryan vs World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry (non title) - Smackdown 11/4/11
Daniel Bryan vs The Big Show vs Mark Henry (world title steel cage) - Royal Rumble 2012