**The Official Survivor Series Thread**

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Crowd to me wasn't as hyped for Cena's return and I was disappointed by that but I liked the match.

Cena didn't get the good reaction i was expecting seen as it was his home crowd. But it did seem they were warming up to him and he was getting more cheers towards the end of the match.

Lol, what? I heard a huge pop for him when he came out, and lots f boos for Jericho.
The crowd was all for Cena for his entrancwe, then like 1/5th of the crowd was cheering for Y2J, and the rest for Cena, but by the end, they were pretty much all Cena again. That's how I heard it anyways. I thought the pop he got was fine.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Crowd to me wasn't as hyped for Cena's return and I was disappointed by that but I liked the match.

Lol, what? I heard a huge pop for him when he came out, and lots f boos for Jericho.
The crowd was all for Cena for his entrancwe, then like 1/5th of the crowd was cheering for Y2J, and the rest for Cena, but by the end, they were pretty much all Cena again. That's how I heard it anyways. I thought the pop he got was fine.

Well, when you go the Rumble at the garden and hear the way the crowd went BANANAS when his music hit then you would see the difference more - I mean they panned the crowd and there were people booing and not standing and not as excited as I would have thought. Thats all.

Wrestling Station

SNACKZ is right here, HBK got bigger pop from the crowd than the Return of Cena. Yes he was cheered, but not as to what I was expecting to hear. It was like 50% of what I was expecting tbh.

London

Reaction score
its because a lot of people just really dislike Cena

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

its because a lot of people just really dislike Cena

Thank you for informing us on that, Captain Obvious. Do you have any more knowledge that you'd like to share with us?

I was shocked that Jericho had such good heat.

Airfixx

they panned the crowd and there were people booing and not standing and not as excited as I would have thought. Thats all.

Quoted for TRUTH.....

A hell of a lot of people were sat down, neither booing nor cheering. One big camera 'swoop' came off like the guy was desperately trying to get a shot of at least one little hot spot in the crowd.

More generally though, I think it's partially a symptom of a 'smarter'/synical era of wrestling fans... The days of the entire audience popping for a babyface may never return. I think the only chance you've got of getting the entire audience in unison is with a kick-ass tweener.

IMO it's fucking hard to be a good face these days.

Wrestling Station

Quoted for TRUTH.....

A hell of a lot of people were sat down, neither booing nor cheering. One big camera 'swoop' came off like the guy was desperately trying to get a shot of at least one little hot spot in the crowd.

More generally though, I think it's partially a symptom of a 'smarter'/synical era of wrestling fans... The days of the entire audience popping for a babyface may never return. I think the only chance you've got of getting the entire audience in unison is with a kick-ass tweener.

Now the WWE need to bring back someone who can actually make the crowd get nuts! The Rock and Hogan for example,only their presence will peak the excitment throughout the crowd. Im not asking for them to get a wrestling match, but time on mic on TV infront of all the crowd will make things better.

Airfixx

^^^How will that carry over into the other stars and their matches though?

I can't relly see what that will acheive...

We pretty much see that already with the sporadic Austin appearances.

Wrestling Station

^For example..
Hogan comes to WWE and tells Vince or the McMahons that he is the one who made wrestling (kayfabe wise), and they cant handle pro-wrestling and they need to step back. Then he brings some of his boys to somehow "control" WWE's show (similar to what ECW did and the alliance etc).
Hogan wont wrestle, he will be working like Paul Heyman's role that would instruct superstars to control the show.

The Mcmahons will try to re-group their people to strike back. and so on.
I know Survivor Series just ended, but im saying for the next year's SS. WWE need some "action" involving some outside of building and backstage stories. (one dose of Attitude Era) not asking for the full dose btw.

So Hogan can use the mic and get the crowd as hype as it can possibly be and on the same time they get a huge storyline regarding WWE's survival against the Immortal himself.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Edge returning was more hype then Cena returning. The live stream kinda cut out when Vicki came out but I could hear what was going on and Edge's pop was bigger then Cena's mediocre pop. But Edge looked like he just came from a mountain top with that beard. Here's my little fan fiction explaning the beard.

Edge wakes up, yawns then scratches.
Edge: Aw shit. I'm suppose to return tonight.
Gets up outta bed, walks over to the bathroom mirror.
Edge: Hmm should I shave? Naw. Just tell creative it's a heel beard, hope no one mistakens me for a shorter Mike Knox. Sorry Jeff, you can get over another next year.

the dark knight

even harder to be a good heel, they eventually become "badass" and everyone starts cheering them. but if you really think about it, its natural. it wasn't natural when people kept cheering for the same guy who does the same shit every week for years. people now get bored easily, which makes sense. frequent title changes and face/heel turns help. or you can simply trash the kids and half of your income and change pretty much everything. too lazy to say more.

and am i the only one who liked that ppv?