**The Official Survivor Series Thread**

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

It would also be a lot better if the SS Matches actually had any real rhyme or reason other than chucking 10 guys into a match, eg. Raw vs Smackdown

Airfixx

TEAM BATISTA: Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy and R-Truth

VS

TEAM ORTON: Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal and Mark Henry

So Punk's beef with Orton & Co. miraculously becomes a Batista fued when it's time for a major PPV? : pfffff :

...And seriously, why Regal rather than Manu?

Rather dissapointed now - Thought that SS was when they'd finally solidify Orton's stable and they'd begin to run rampant. What concerns me now is that if they don't 'pull the trigger' soon, the crowds will start to lose interest in them and when they finally do it'd have been a waste as collectively they won't be over.

CenaMark54

It makes sense not to have Dibiase and Manu in that match. That way, they can run in and help Orton win. This will solidify the stable more than anything.

The WWE would have been hard pressed to find a way to put three rookies in this match and make it seem credible. At least Shelton, Regal and Henry have credibility.

I see it coming down to Orton/Rhodes, Batista/Punk. Dibiase and Manu come down and help the heels get the victory. Then at the end of the match we have Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, and Manu all standing tall in the ring.

Plus this intensifies the feuds between hardy/Henry and Shelton/R Truth.

Its good booking in my opinion.

kingovkings

Reaction score
yup i agree with Cenamark. I think that there will be a run in by dibiase and Manu to give the victory to Orton Rhodes etc. And that will be the platform from were the faction starts. Well i hope it does, Because like stated above if the drag it out much longer ppl are going to get bored of it. And the Faction as a whole wont get over. So i really hope SS is the start of the Orton stable if thats indeed what they are gonna do. I would imagine it is but as this is wwe you just never know.

SnackZ

Reaction score
It makes sense not to have Dibiase and Manu in that match. That way, they can run in and help Orton win. This will solidify the stable more than anything.

The WWE would have been hard pressed to find a way to put three rookies in this match and make it seem credible. At least Shelton, Regal and Henry have credibility.

I see it coming down to Orton/Rhodes, Batista/Punk. Dibiase and Manu come down and help the heels get the victory. Then at the end of the match we have Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, and Manu all standing tall in the ring.

Plus this intensifies the feuds between hardy/Henry and Shelton/R Truth.

Its good booking in my opinion.

I'm liking this the most so far for this match but I want to see something else. I remember when Punk had the belt he was going at it with Batista...you guys remember right???
Now this would be the PERFECT time to start the Batista heel turn for his match at Mania with Cena. Have him have some sort of conflict with Punk where he somehow gets Punk eliminated and has Orton with this bewildered look on his face like "did he really just do that???"
Then at the next PPV we have Punk vs. Batista and Batista wins due to some sort of help from Orton or his crew and then we have Orton and Batista as heels leading the new guys.

Rest of the PPV is meh...not really feeling the other match with Team HBK vs. Team JBL. I'm interested in the Taker/Show Casket match because I really think that Edge will return and I am siked to see if he comes back for revenge against Taker or against Vickie and Show. Want to see Cena's return and even though he'll be in his hometown I do NOT want him to win the belt but I think he will...sigh...Lucky I get these PPVs for free or I'd be mad.

Evil Austin

I'm interested in the Taker/Show Casket match because I really think that Edge will return and I am siked to see if he comes back for revenge against Taker or against Vickie and Show.

I am wondering the same thing, I was thinking about how this would plan out and I see Edge coming back as a face taking out the Big Show and la familia getting back at Vikie for putting him in a HIAC match in Summerslam. Then turning Heel later on after about two months of matches with Show but I see the following happening with the casket match.

*Either Show is about to put Taker in the casket and win, he opens the casket door only to have Edge inside - come out and knock out the Big Show and the above feud happens.
*Or Taker opens the Casket and he is the one who gets screwed by Edge and Edge comes back heel and gets back at Taker for the HIAC defeat etc... self explanitory.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im not gonna lie, the Survivor Series is probably my favorite PPV. I love big tags. But you know what? As of late, its been the shits. Its usually just a hodgepodge of guys going at it. Im sure the matches will be good but, meh.

xtremebadass

I bet Edge will pop out of the casket I bet. They need to end this Taker/Show feud, I for one don't pay attention because this has been done too many times before. The main event scene on SD has my attention only because of Jeff Hardy and as of right now, he isn't booked for Survivor Series which is a crime.

The 5 on 5 matches get old fast especially this year since there are 3 separate matches, that's over doing it.

Y2J vs. Cena is pretty cool I guess, too bad there is no actual hype for this feud, it would be pretty cool, sort of a rematch and revenge for Jericho for getting fired after losing to Cena.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
World Heavyweight Championship Match
Chris Jericho(c) vs. John Cena

WWE Title Match
Triple H (c) vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs Jeff Hardy

Casket Match
The Undertaker vs. The Big Show

Traditional Survivor Series Match
Team Michaels vs Team JBL

Team Batista vs. Team Orton

Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown:

Evil Austin

"Y2J" Chris Jericho(c) vs. John Cena

WWE Title Match
Triple H (c) vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Jeff Hardy

Casket Match

Team Michaels: Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Cryme Tyme, and The Great Khali vs. Team JBL: John "Bradshaw" Layfield, MVP, Kane, and MnM2k8

Team Batista: Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, and R-Truth vs. Team Orton: Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes

Team Raw: Beth Pheonix, Mickie James, Candice Michelle, Kelly Kelly, and Jillian vs. Team Smackdown: Michelle McCool, Maria, Maryse, Victoria, and Natalya

kingovkings

Reaction score
Y2J Cena

HHH Kozlov/ Hardy. my heart says Jeff but head says HHH

Taker/ Bigshow

HBK'S/ JBL

Tista/ORTON

Raw Divas/ Smack down Divas

chessarmy

"Y2J" Chris Jericho(c) vs. John Cena

WWE Title Match
Triple H (c) vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. Jeff Hardy

Casket Match

Team Michaels: Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Cryme Tyme, and The Great Khali vs. Team JBL: John "Bradshaw" Layfield, MVP, Kane, and MnM2k8

Team Batista: Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, and R-Truth vs. Team Orton: Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes

Team Raw: Beth Pheonix, Mickie James, Candice Michelle, Kelly Kelly, and Jillian vs. Team Smackdown: Michelle McCool, Maria, Maryse, Victoria, and Natalya

JTG

Reaction score
A feud with Edge and Jeff Hardy ending in a Ladder or TLC Match is a great idea, but I hope Hardy wins the title tonight and then feuds with Edge. I see the following happening:

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (Champion) - Edge gets the title back, then at WrestleMania, Hardy wins the Money In The Bank Ladder Match and gets his second title run a few months later, cashing it in against Edge at the end of a show.

As long as Hardy keeps up the bordering on insane stuff, I hope he drops his new music and the face paint.

cena-buttocks

Reaction score
Man, is anyone else getting goosebumps? I'm ready to party when John Cena makes his TRIUMPHANT return to WWE tonight.

MikeRaw

Great ppv.
The three elimination matches were GREAT.
The casket match was decent. The HHH/Kozlov match was decent, but the end made it amazing.
cena's return was also great, in a great match.

On a side note, the commentary was great tonight... But wwe is looking good now, and SD has soo many options.