• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official Superstars Draft Sign-Up Thread

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
This is a game I played once that I thought was really fun.

Unfortunately things happened and we never got to finish but I thought I'd bring it to all you guys.

Here are the basic rules:
First you have to sign up to this thread if you want to participate (I'll give it a few days or so for people to sign-up) then after the deadline is over, I'm going to put every members' name that signed up in a randomizer page, meaning that who goes first, second, ect... will all be random. This draft will be snake style, meaning 1-10 - 10-1.

Now you can choose any past/current wrestlers that you want, you have to make your list look as good as you can. When it's your turn to select a wrestler, you have to give a description on why you decided pick him. You cannot just name the wrestler, a description is a must.

When it's all set and done, we will make a new thread with everyone's list then people can vote for who they believe have the best roster.
Once on the clock, you'd have 24 hours to make your selection(s) and then the next guy goes. I figured we'd make 25 regular draft selections, 5 tag teams a piece and 5 female competitors.

If you're interested in joining, please post in here that you are.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
I don't see why one couldn't pick Chris Benoit. It's not controversial if people don't make it controversial. Just my two cents on that matter. I'm in provided I can pick Sunny and Elmo as a tag team....

[video=youtube;8CShoj6F8Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CShoj6F8Sg[/video]

Postman Dave

I'll join.

I did one of these a couple of years back, but we were restricted purely to Indy wrestlers, and we then had to write up the first 5 shows of our companies using the talent we drafted. It was great fun, I sorta wish there was some sort of restriction on this in order to challenge people a bit more.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
I'll join.

I did one of these a couple of years back, but we were restricted purely to Indy wrestlers, and we then had to write up the first 5 shows of our companies using the talent we drafted. It was great fun, I sorta wish there was some sort of restriction on this in order to challenge people a bit more.

I think you should have to select a certain amount of wrestlers from the 80's, 90's, 00's and from specific companies as well. Like you can't horde WWE or WCW guys. Ideally we would all have equally talented rosters if those restrictions were imposed.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I don't see why one couldn't pick Chris Benoit. It's not controversial if people don't make it controversial. Just my two cents on that matter. I'm in provided I can pick Sunny and Elmo as a tag team....

[video=youtube;8CShoj6F8Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CShoj6F8Sg[/video]
I won't tell anyone they can't select Chris Benoit but I'd prefer they not. It's easy to say people have to make it controversial but it really doesn't work that way. Everyone has strong feelings one way or the other when it comes to him so it's just easier avoiding the subject all entirely together IMHO.

I'll join.

I think you should have to select a certain amount of wrestlers from the 80's, 90's, 00's and from specific companies as well. Like you can't horde WWE or WCW guys. Ideally we would all have equally talented rosters if those restrictions were imposed.
These are some good suggestions I'll certainly consider. I especially like the idea of writing out a few shows. If everyone is down for it, I'll add that on to the game. I'll also think about adding those other restrictions.

And the rosters should be balanced. Everyone takes turns drafting. Ideally if one person drafts a top guy, you draft the next top guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kushikimi

I think I get the idea of this game, still I don't like writing whole shows so.... I'll be in for the draft, the show well... let's say those would be summarized on my part.

Bottom Line... I'm in...

Castiel

Shit, I'm late to the party. not sure what this is exactly though, is it supposed to be like a BTB thing? Like we did with Matt and Bond?