The Official ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dark patriot

Reaction score
there shows are pretty good. they showcase a lot for just 1 hour and i a 2 hour time slot would make them that much better. my favs so far are: the american wolves, tyler black, jay briscoe, & the dark city fight club.

good choices.

Qwake

I'm trying to bring activity back to this section so here's the July 11th show, last weeks, It's a pretty good show and I had a review written up but its kind of to late to post that so I couldn't be stuffed finishing it. Opening match was alright, something new, the last two matches of the show were the best, you should watch those, The interviews aren't bad, there's a Briscoe/Strong one, Eddie Edwards one, Colt Cabana as a little segment which is good. Also a D-Lo Brown squash. Alright show, I recomend you watch the last two matches :y:

Flag Match - Claudio Castagnoli Vs Brent Albright

[yt]5yY8e3IqG7Q&feature=related[/yt]

Jay Briscoe and Roddy Strong Interview, also, D-Lo Brown Vs Alex Payne

[yt]VfKKrQV18sc&feature=related[/yt]

Austin Aries, Kenny King and Rhett Titus Vs Jerry Lynn, Erick Stevens and Kenny Omega

[yt]j1RrY14oWXE&feature=related[/yt]

Part 2 of the above match

[yt]Yrhfr1kXq2M&feature=related[/yt]

Jay Briscoe Vs Roderick Strong

[yt]AHCd4p2V9Io&feature=related[/yt]

Part 2 of Roddy Vs Jay

[yt]x8MI7RvLHrY&feature=related[/yt]

Soulpower

I didn't catch last night's episode (Not all of it, anyways) but I did see some of the ME. It got a lot of time (It started about 8:30) and what I saw was flat-out great.

The match was Steenerico & KENTA vs Hero & The American Wolves.

Qwake

^ I'm definitely going to watch it. I expected it to be quite long considering the other two matches didn't look to great, Young Bucks match and Brodie Lee Vs Delirious I think. Should be a great M/E, also Young Bucks are always good to watch.

Soulpower

Damn! Black vs Danielson from last night.. Find it, watch it, enjoy it.

Just flat-out awesome.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Does anyone still watch ROH on HDnet? I personally think its amazing still, even better than before.. i just got done watching the Honor Rumble, that was some pretty intense stuff.

Qwake

Not sure if anybody else watches it but I do, I'm waiting to Download the last show with the Honor Rumble, looks pretty good.

Soulpower

I saw parts of the show last night (The Kingston promo and squash match, and Dutt v Delirious). The opener (Delirious-Dutt) was pretty good for an opener. Kingston's promo was good as usual and the match.. Well, it was a squash.

I'm already looking forward to next week's show with Hero vs KENTA.

Montana

The past few weeks have had some awesome main events and last nights was probably no different. The 6 man tag, The cage match, and the Honor Rumble were all great. You doesn't feel like you get stuff like that on other wrestling shows. I don't have HDNET, but i normally watch when time permits.

It doesn't seem like the TV show has caught on to too many wrestling fans. ROH's #'s really haven't increased like it should have. I guess not many have HDNET. I still perfer the DVD shows much better, but the weekly show is pretty good. Maybe it needs a name? Not sure what else they can do.

Soulpower

- Did you miss the main page of ROHWrestling.com this morning? If you did, then you missed the first two matches of KENTA's November tour! Check out the story at http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3021 to get all of the details as the GHC Junior Heavyweight Champ is involved in 2 of the 6 TV main events to be filmed on November 5th and 6th when ROH and HDNet roll back through Philadelphia! On night one, KENTA will once more tangle with Tyler Black in a battle of two of the very best in ROH. On night two, it will be tag team action as Austin Aries and Kenny King will face off with Tyler Black and the man he chose to team with, KENTA! Don't miss out; get your tickets now!

- Another ROH on HDNet Television main event has been signed! Taking place on November 5th, "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero has signed to battle Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana! Can Hero continue his winning ways against a man who's quietly put together an impressive 2009 of his own? Or will ROH's resident court jester avoid the elbow to drop a bionic one of his own? Be there to find out!

- As if that wasn't enough, ROH and NOAH Officials have signed KENTA's third November tour match. In Edison, NJ on November 7th, KENTA will oppose Roderick Strong! Sneak a peak at Holden McNeil's take on the match by checking out http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3022. Strong has had an incredible 2009 and a win over KENTA would be icing on the cake. When asked why he wanted this match, Strong said, "It's an easy decision. KENTA is one of the best in the world, and fighting him can ONLY make me better. It isn't even really about wins and losses when you face a man of his standing; it's about what you take away from the match, what you learn." Get your tickets for Edison; you definitely want to see this one!

- LESS THAN 24 HOURS REMAIN IN THE 40% OFF SALE. Don't miss your last chance to save 40% Off Your Next Order at ROHWrestling.com. The special sale ends at 10 AM EST on Friday morning. Save BIG on DVD's, live event tickets, ROH apparel, & more. For complete details on this offer along with the discount code click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=2215.

- As posted yesterday on the ROH Twitter account, Dave Prazak and Mike "Hog" Hogewood completed the voiceover work on the last 6 weeks of ROH on HDNet yesterday in Denver. Do you follow ROH on the social networks? Thank to our 5,466 followers on Twitter, 3,389 Fans on Facebook, and whopping 9,523 on MySpace! Sign up now and get your news up-to-the-minute!

- ROH officials have exchanged heated dialogue over the past few days with ROH World Champion Austin Aries. Aries predictably has once more demanded to bring the "A Double L Double" (Austin Aries Lucky Lottery) to ROH on HDNet; this time receiving resistance from both ROH and HDNet officials. It is the intention of all involved to have the ROH World Championship defended in Philadelphia against an ‘appropriate challenger'. Aries has insists that his defenses as a result of his drawing have been totally at random. ROH Executives, including President Cary Silkin and ROH on HDNet Executive Producer Jim Cornette, are working with HDNet and the ROH Booking Committee to resolve this issue. More on this to come.

- Just signed for November 7th in Edison is a huge tag team match as Kevin Steen and El Generico will look to avenge their Ladder War loss at ‘Glory By Honor VIII' when they take on ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards and his chosen partner, "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero! Can Steen and Generico redeem themselves even if the titles are not on the line, or will Richards' reign supreme once more?

- Kenny Omega had a great showing in St. Louis and Indianapolis, and even though he ended with a split, his victory over Davey Richards is one of the biggest in his career, and he's looking to build off of that momentum in Edison on 11/7. Omega has signed to face Sonjay Dutt, who as of late has been tangled in what is quickly becoming a bitter rivalry with Delirious and Daizee Haze. Can Dutt take his mind off of the masked lizard man long enough to take Omega to task? Or will Omega outshine Sonjay and continue his climb? Be there in Edison to see it unfold!

- Keep your eyes on the main page of ROHWrestling.com over the next couple of days for more match announcements for the HUGE ROH on HDNet National Television Tapings, as well as much, much more. We'll be back next week to recap it all and bring more news and views in the Newswire!

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I srsly cant wait till next week, its gonna be the shit. Aries vs. Danielson for the ROH World Title is gold.

Montana

Not sure if say Kenta/Hero is my favorite, but the second half of the match is amazing. One of the best TV matches for sure. I think some of the DVD matches this year were better. The TV show has put on a new string of great main events though. A DVD "best of" is a must.