The Official ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Re: The Official ROH on HDNet discussion thread

I wish you lived near me. Often times I pick up DVDs at live shows and the sales like Buy 3 Get 1 free don't benefit me as I have everything. I ending up getting the amount I need but never get free shows as I don't need them. Its an odd problem.

Montana

Reaction score

Oh wow, you have all the shows?

I haven't ran into that problem yet. They only run Detroit 2-3 times a year, so I normally time it a couple months before the show, not to get any new dvds.

THere is a slim chance i may go to Final Battle this year.

Montana

Reaction score

Nice. Yeah, mine is getting huge, i don't know where to put them all.

What are your favorite show or shows.

Let's see here are a few of mine

Better than our Best
Man UP
Death Before Dishonor 8
Glory By Honor 5 night 2
Supercard of HOnor 3
Final Battle 2008

Reaction score

The ones that jump out to me are early shows I went to like At Our Best, All Star Extravaganza II, Weekend of Thunder but then of course theres Joe vs. Kobashi, Cage of Death, Fight of the Century. Its really hard to make any kind of list because I'm biased to alot of the shows I've been to but then theres a bunch I love that I didn't see in person.

Montana

Reaction score

I know what you mean.....I think Supercard of HOnor 2 is like the greatest show ever.

Reaction score

That show is a great example of being a great forgotten show and I think its mainly because there was no huge headlining title match to it. However Jacobs vs. Whitmer in the cage was down right nutty!

bigdog4215

Reaction score

Wow that tag team steel cage match is the best wrestling match that anyone will see all week,who else can't wait for whats going to be one brutal match between steen and genericho

pumpt73

Reaction score

I know what you mean.....I think Supercard of HOnor 2 is like the greatest show ever.

Amen Montana. That was the very first ROH dvd I ever purchased. The Main Event 6 man tag team match is legendary. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, you owe it to yourself as a wrestling fan to spend the $10-$20 and buy the dvd just for that match. CIMA, Shingo, & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito, & Masaaki Mochizuki is a match that I will up against anything over the last 5-10 years. And like GSS said, the cage match between Whitmer and Jacobs is crazy good.

This was pretty good show this past week. I just now started to get HDNet so Im really excited. It was hard to follow ROH for a minute or 2 there because I had to keep buying DVDs to see most of the matches. I've noticed subtle changes in the presentation, but for the most part, it still looks and feels like the ROH I disovered in early 2007. It's good to see Sara Del Rey get some TV time. Id put her up against any Diva or Knockout today. Titus and Edwards had a solid match and Titus keeps growing on me. I think they did a very good job on the cage match. Definitely left me wanting to see the next go round between Steen and Generico. We're a week away from Survival of the Fittest 2010 in Detroit and Im watchin my calendar. Can't wait to see this event live. My 4th live event and my first since Tag Wars 2008!!!!

Also, I'll jump into the favorites for me. I thought I was doing pretty good at 56 events...LOL!!! Personally I think anything out of the Milestone Series is fantastic. Better Than Our Best is a sure fire as is 4th Anniversary Show. Anything from the 5th Year Festival series is solid as well. Id say:

Better Than Our Best
Unified
Good Times, Great Memories (the first meeting between the Briscoes and the Motor City Machineguns)
Joe vs. Kobashi
Supercard of Honor II
Supercard of Honor III
Final Battle 2004
Man Up
Rising Above
A New Level (though a lot of people don't like it, I enjoyed this event)
Manhatten Mayhem II
Milestone Series (4th Anniversary Show, Arena Warfare, Best In The World, Dragon Gate Challenge, Supercard of Honor, Better Than Our Best, & 100th Show)
5th Year Festival Series (Philly, Dayton, Chicago, New York City, Liverpool, Finale (also in Liverpool)

Reaction score

Wow that tag team steel cage match is the best wrestling match that anyone will see all week,who else can't wait for whats going to be one brutal match between steen and genericho

I got my ticket for Final Battle!

bigdog4215

Reaction score

I got my ticket for Final Battle!
Thats gonna be one intense event to be at live,the fans will be nuts and you are lucky to be their.I just wish roh it air pay per views on cable cause my internet connection sucks on gofightlivetv.I tried watching that free dgusa event I think enter the dragon and it wasn't great quality.I would gladly pay double for what they charge on gofightlivetv to watch it on cable.

btw you think the connection would be any different for final battle

Reaction score

I imagine GoFightLive could only be getting better at producing these shows.

Montana

Reaction score

Volume 4 is coming out soon. A nice lineup of matches, however it takes from only 6 shows. Some may like/dislike this, but the new cover looks cool. Danielson final ROH tv matches, look to be the highlight of this DVD, along with the Wolves/Young Bucks.

1. Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The Young Bucks- Episode 32
2. Nigel McGuinness vs. Colt Cabana- Episode 32
3. Non Title: The American Wolves vs. Bryan Danielson and Roderick Strong- Episode 33
4. Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong- Episode 34
5. Non Title: The American Wolves vs. The Young Bucks- Episode 35
6. Dark City Fight Club vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe- Episode 36
7. Non Title: Austin Aries vs. Colt Cabana- Episode 36
8. Jay and Mark Brisoce vs. Kevin Steen and El Generico- Episode 37
9. ROH World Title Match- Austin Aries vs. Davey Richards vs. Kenny Omega vs. Roderick Strong- Episode 37

DVD Bonus:
-Tyler Black and Jerry Lynn vs. Kenny King and Rhett Titus- Episode 27
-Sonjay Dutt vs. Delirious- Episode 28

pumpt73

Reaction score

I must say December 6th's edition was a pretty good show. Eddie Edwards vs. Colt Cabana for the TV strap was an entertaining match to watch. Put these two in the ring and you know they'll deliver the goods for you. I wouldn't mind seeing Colt get the TV title in the future, and I must say, Im glad he's out of the Generico/Steen feud. The public workout for Shane Hagadorn against Blaine Rage was exactly what it aimed to do. Make you hate Hagadorn even more. I would really like to see an interview with Hagadorn when he's not in character to see how he carries himself. He's really overlooked for what he does. I know I said I could do without him, but I love hating the guy. I loved giving him static at the last Detroit event. He's doing his job well. The Main Event was pretty solid as well with Davey Richards getting the win over Erick Stevens. I still have my money on Davey to be the next ROH Champion, though I don't see him winning at Final Battle. With Stevens, I really wish he would dump the Embassy thing, because he doesn't need it. Stevens is one of those guys that I've liked from the get go, but he hasn't had that match that pushed him over. He had some fantastic battles with Roderick Strong over the FIP title, and some really are gems. Especially their ladder match. I just don't see Stevens going far with the Embassy.