The Official DVD Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think it would be tough for them to put matches with him in Japan there, because they would have to put new commentary there. Just saw Flair vs Inoki from 1995 in Korea, that was great.

soulbreaker

Reaction score
516fx8hxprlss500bf2da3.jpg
New Ric flair dvd is coming soon Woooo!!

Anyway Mates have you seen this guy's dvd collection? throwbackchampion?

Mman! one of the most awesome WWE dvd collector's i've seen so far especially the autographed wrestlemania anthology boxes

here are some pics of his collection
DV_cbnt2.jpg

DV_cbnt3RV.jpg

you can view his collection pics thru his weblog at http://throwbackchampion.blogspot.com

PeepShow

PWInsider said:
Details on WWE's "The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment" DVD set, which is set for a 6/10 release, have been released. Promotional material for the DVD reads: "Throughout The Rock's incredible sports-entertainment career, fans and foes alike knew enough to know their role, shut their mouth, or risk a beatdown from the Brahma Bull. While he's gone from WWE rings to the big screen, his impact on professional wrestling will never be forgotten. The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment highlights the meteoric rise of The Great One, the first man to hold the WWE Championship seven times. This package is packed with 3 discs filled with 19 amazing matches."

DISC ONE

*Samoan Royalty
*WWE Intercontinental Champions Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia (2/13/97 Raw)
*Rock the Ruler
*Owen Hart vs. The Rock (04/6/98 Raw)
*The Nation vs. DX
*King of the Ring 1998 Tournament : Triple H vs. The Rock (6/22/98 Raw)
*Rock's Big Chance
*Mankind vs. The Rock for vacant WWF title - Survivor Series 1998.
*Rocky Rivalry with Mankind
*Last Man Standing Match: Mankind vs. The Rock - St. Valentine's Day Massacre 99 PPV
*So it continues...
*Ladder Match: Mankind vs. The Rock (2/15/99 Raw)
*Two of the Most Charismatic Superstars Ever
*Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XV

DISC TWO

*The People's Champion
*Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Triple H (7/5/99 Raw)
*The Rock `n Sock Connection
*The Rock & Mankind vs. Undertaker & Big Show (8/30/99 Raw)
*The Verbal SmackDown!
*No Holds Barred Match: The Rock vs. Kane (12/30/99 Smackdown)
*The McMahon-Helmsley Regime vs. The Rock
*Triple H vs. The Rock - Backlash 2000
*The Following Night...
*Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Shane McMahon (5/1/00 Raw)
*The Great One vs. The Olympic Medalist
*Kurt Angle vs. The Rock - No Way Out 2001
*The New Title
*WCW Champion Booker T vs. The Rock - Summerslam 2001
*The Undisputed Champion
*WWE Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho vs. The Rock - Royal Rumble 2001

DISC 3

*Icon vs. Icon
*The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan - Wrestlemania 18
*Triple Threat
*Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker vs. The Rock - Vengeance 2002
*Just Bring It
*The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero (7/22/02 Raw)
*Third Time's A Charm?
*Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XIX
*Transcending Sports Entertainment
*The Rock: The Most Electrifying in Sports Entertainment

Extras will be 15-20 Rock promos.

Looks like a decent DVD. I doubt it will be the best out of the recent DVD releases, but oh well. I'm really interested in the 'extras'.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Anyway Mates have you seen this guy's dvd collection? throwbackchampion?

I know someone that has more then 10'000+ Wrestling Tapes & 8'000+ Wrestling DVD's.

Including some wrestling thats over 90 years old!!!

PeepShow

I went and picked up The Rock DVD today. Pretty much watched today were the list of promos. I was really kind of pissed off that they didn't include the whole Sacramento promo of him singing about how the Lakers were going to beat the Kings in May. That was amazing. Easily one of the best promos ever. Glad the line still made it though in the '1 liners'

[yt]45FCQxlvixY[/yt]

xtremebadass

I bought that too, didn't watch i though, I also picked up Backlash and JD 2003 for only 12 bucks, Walmart is a magical place.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
anyone looking forward to the Summerslam collection release? I really like the anthology sets, I might pick it up with my saved money for the summer, that's if I don't spend it all on another company.

J

Imma day late...but just picked up The Rock Dvd 2...Pretty awesome...Definitely one of the best that i've picked up in a while...Brings back memories of the days when I idolized The Rock like kids do for John Cena today...

PeepShow

:p J-Dawg

Wrestlemania 17

Chris Jericho vs. William Regal - ***
Tazz & APA vs. Right To Censor - **
Raven vs. Kane vs. Big Show - ***1/4
Eddie Guerrero vs. Test - **3/4
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit - ****
Chyna vs. Ivory - *
Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon - ***3/4
Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz vs. E&C (TLC 2) - ****1/4
Gimmick Battle Royal - *1/2
Triple H vs. Undertaker - ****1/4
Stone Cold vs. The Rock - ****1/2

Best WM ever.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- The Steve Austin DVD has shipped 177,000 units, while the new HHH DVD has shipped 202,000 units.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Can't say I'm shocked that Preparation H's DVD is selling more than Austin's because people flock to anything that sucks... So with that said, when does The Mountie's DVD come out?

Airfixx

Posted elsewhere in the media section but had no answers....

Anyone got any opinions, reviews or verdicts on the Legacy Of AWA DVD?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Hennig was one of my favorite wrestlers when I was growing up, and I even appreciated his run in WCW (though it was painful at times).

Still, I'm going to wait until I see the match list before saying "MUST BUY!". If they have some of his stuff from the AWA (the Tag Title win with Hall over Garvin and Regal, the World titlewin over Bockwinkel, and the title loss to Jerry Lawler), along with a nice collection of his WWF stuff (all of the "Perfect" promos, maybe even some of his early work with Eddie Gilbert, along with the awesome hammer incident with Genius, and all of his great work from his feud with Texas Tornado on (Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, ect.) I'll be all over this collection. If it's just a documentary with a lacking match list of nothing but his WWF stuff, I'll probably pass.

PS: Please, please, PLEASE tell me "Rap is Crap" is among the extras on this DVD.

"Oh, I love NASCAR racing. Richard Petty is still the king. Some call me a redneck, but you know that's a beautiful thing! There's only one thing that I hate, cause its a bunch of crap. I..I..I hate rap!"

West Texas Rednecks 4 life!