The Official DVD Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

That IC-title one looks awesome - Don't think I'd seen the list of matches before... Will be cool to see Savage vs Sanatana for the first time.

That and the Perfect one will be mine come payday.

Generally agree about the Kane one.... 3 DVDs is a bit much... I'm guessing we'll see HIAC vs Mankind, Last Man Standing vs Jericho, either the IC chain match or WHC02 vs HHH, the 'ambulance' match again Shane and a shit load of matches with or vs Taker (BOD vs 2menPTrip, WM14, SS00), but not not much else comes to mind.

Moonlight Drive

Right now, there's a couple I'm thinking of getting for Christmas or just buying round then, the IC DVD, Edge's DVD, HIAC or the Mr. Perfect DVD. Or maybe all 4, if I can scrounge up the cash.

Moonlight Drive

Not yet, but that is pretty high on my list to buy and I think it'll be out by Christmas, if not I'll probably just buy it when it is.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Edge's is supposed to come out in November. It was originally July, but the douches delayed it. :(

PeepShow

It's pretty difficult to have a decent DVD when your only true face run was for less than a year.

xtremebadass

For all of you Kane Addicts out there...

51oQtgKsEjL._SS500_.jpg

It says that it runs 540 minutes, that's more than the Edge DVD. IMO, this DVD must be boring as hell. He has just been hanging around most of his career getting some title shots, but losing all of them. He must lose alot on that DVD. I hope it has his epic Shane McMahon rivalry on there. That's his best one.

Evil Austin

yea I agree most of that DVD will be him losing the past ten years. Probably some of the following matches will be included.

Kane vs. Shane McMahon - Ambulance match
Kane vs. Undertaker - Inferno
Kane vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania (both times)
Kane vs. McMahon (the other time with Shane forgot when)
Kane vs. Triple H - Mask and Title match or something like that.
And maybe some brothers of destructions matches.
Kane vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin HIAC and First Blood

And keep in mind I am a huge Kane fan don't get me wrong but those are his best matches i can think of and more then half of them he had lost anyway.

xtremebadass

I bet his Inferno match with MVP will be on there as well as his LACK LUSTER ECW title reign. YIPPE!

KATIE VICK FTW!

Moonlight Drive

I bet you all one Australian dollar the DVD will be in kayfabe, if they have Kane speak or interview wrestlers.

Montana

I finished with the Hell in the Cell DVD, and it certainly showcased some of the biggest fueds over the past 10 years. This is a hardcore as it gets with the wwe, and the blood was flowing on this dvd. I really don't dont have any complaints expect for the fact Taker vs The Big Bossaman wasn't on it. (That i know of, it says it features 15 matches on the label, but i only see 14 listed) Heres my star ratings on each:

Hell in a Cell, Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, Badd Blood (October 5, 1997)
5.0 stars

- Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match, Stone Cold Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane, RAW (June 15, 1998) DUD (sets up the next match)

- Hell in a Cell, Undertaker vs. Mankind, King of the Ring (June 28, 1998) 4.5 stars

- Hell in a Cell, Mankind vs. Kane, RAW (August 24, 1998) 3.0 stars

- Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship (Cactus Jack’s Career is on the Line), Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, No Way Out (February 27, 2000) 4.5 stars

- Six-Man Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship, Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Steve Austin, Armageddon (December 10, 2000) 4.25 stars

As you can see the first disc is Epic with three of the greatest matches in wwe history.

Disc 2

- Hell in a Cell, Triple H vs. Chris Jericho, Judgment Day (May 19, 2002) 4.0

- Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship, Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, No Mercy (October 20, 2002) 3.75

- Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Triple H vs. Kevin Nash, Bad Blood (June 15, 2003) 3.5

- Hell in a Cell, Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H, Bad Blood (June 13, 2004) 3.5

The HBK/HHH was a pretty big let down, slow in parts with common spots and too much throwing in the cage, and chair shots. Reminds me a bit of the Jericho/HBK ladder match, but this one was longer. Second disc, not that epic, but still all were good matches.

Disc 3

- Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Batista vs. Triple H, Vengeance (June 26, 2005) 4.0

- Hell in a Cell, Undertaker vs. Randy Orton, Armageddon (December 18, 2005) 3.5

- Hell in a Cell Handicap Match, Degeneration-X vs. Shane McMahon, Mr. McMahon & Big Show, Unforgiven (September 17, 2006) 3.5

Hell in a Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Undertaker vs. Batista, Survivor Series (November 18, 2007) 4.0

The third and final disc showed how entertainment and have could happen in such a brutal cell. (McMahons match) You also see a slight pattern with who is involved with these matches. Pretty good third disc.

NOT ON DVD HELL IN A CELL MATCHES

Undertaker vs Big Bossman (WM 15) 3.0

I dont know why Dave Meltzer gave it a dud, idk if that was a joke. Certainly this wasn't anything to write home about, but a solid 10 minute brawl.

Undertaker vs Edge (SummerSlam 2008) 4.5

Some sick spots in this one.

PeepShow

The following is Edge's DVD listing:
DISC ONE

A Boy and his Dream

Breakdown September 27, 1998
Edge vs. Owen Hart

Terri Invitational Tournament- Ladder Match
New Brood vs. Edge & Christian
No Mercy October 17, 1999

8 Pounds of Gold

Triangle Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
WrestleMania April 2, 2000

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Lance Storm vs. Edge
SummerSlam August 19, 2001

Championship Unification Match: IC vs. US - Edge vs. Test
Survivor Series November 18, 2001

Singles Superstar

Edge vs. Mr. Perfect
Sunday Night Heat March 3, 2002

Hair vs. Hair Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge
Judgment Day May 19, 2002

Steel Cage Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge
SmackDown! May 30, 2002

World Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck vs. Edge & Hollywood Hulk Hogan
SmackDown! July 4, 2002

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero - Unforgiven September 22, 2002

Extras

• The Totally Awesome Best of Edge & Christian

DISCO TWO

Injury – Return!

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Randy Orton vs. Edge
Vengeance July 11, 2004

Street Fight: Shawn Michaels vs. Edge
RAW February 28, 2005

Gold Rush Tournament Final: Kane vs. Edge
RAW May 16, 2005

Love Triangle

Street Fight: Matt Hardy vs. Edge
RAW August 29, 2005

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Edge
New Year’s Revolution January 8, 2006

Overrated

Hardcore Match: Mick Foley vs. Edge
WrestleMania 22 April 2, 2006

6- Person Tag Team Match: Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer & Beulah vs. Mick Foley, Edge & Lita
ECW: One Night Stand June 11, 2006

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena vs. Edge
RAW July 3, 2006

Extras

*Adam Copeland vs. Christian (WWF tryout)
Cornwall, ON November 10, 1997
Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

* Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Jarrett vs. Edge (Never before seen Edge surprise- even to him - IC title win)
Toronto, ON July 24, 1999
Commentary By: Matt Striker & Edge

DISC THREE

“I Equal Ratings!”

WWE Championship: Edge vs. John Cena
SummerSlam August 20, 2006

I Persevered

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge
RAW February 19, 2007

Randy Orton vs. Edge
RAW April 30, 2007

Money in the Bank – Again!

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Undertaker vs. Edge
SmackDown! May 11, 2007

Last Chance World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Batista
Vengeance June 24, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Rey Mysterio
Royal Rumble January 27, 2008

My Speciality

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match For the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship: Undertaker vs. Edge
One Night Stand June 1, 2008

Hell in a Cell: Undertaker vs. Edge
SummerSlam August 17, 2008

What’s Next – Sequel?

The Edge/Christian stuff better be good.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
SUPER BUMP.

I got these 5 DVD's off of highspots.com this week. 4 of them were $0.99, and my total was less than $20. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got, I haven't watched a wrestling DVD in about 2 months.

PWG: 44 Ways To Kill You with a Pimento

PWG: Card Subject to Change

Best of IPW: Hardcore Emergence

JAPW: Awsome Sacrifice

JAPW: Revolution

Soulpower

Started watching the most recent Eddie Guerrero a while back. So far its pretty damn good (As expected). I might post a review and/or ratings of the match in a bit.

Montana

The Best of Starrcade

Disc 1

Disc one starts off with a nice intro with the history of Starrcade, it shows clips of the big matchups, and some finishes, so idk if I'd reccomend watching that first. About 30-45 minutes. Pretty Entertaining. Also it reveals the 3 disc set ranks the top 25 matches in Starcade's 25 year anniversary. 20 years of exsistence.

25) Hogan vs. Piper
- Match of the decade. Interesting to see, cool "moment"

24) Sting vs. Great Muta
- Solid match, part of a tournament though, so a little short

23) Windham/Pillman vs. Steamboat/ Douglass
- Nice tag match

22) Goldberg vs. Kevin Nash
- Ehhh

21) BattleBowl
- Ehhh

20) Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin
- Good match, although poor ending

Overall these matches weren't that great. Pretty much in the 3.0-3.25 range. But then then thats just 25-20, so that best is yet to come. But after the first disc, it was kinda lackluster.

Disc 2

19) Road Warriors vs. Anderson/Blanchard (4 horseman)
- Solid matchup here. Good crowd reaction and heel/face storytelling. 3.5

18) Mysterio vs. Justin Liger
- Good, but expected more 3.5

17) Rock N roll Express vs. Midnight Express (Scaffold Match)
- Ehh, It was a scaffold match 3.25

16) Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger
- Holy Shit this was a good match, here's where the dvd picks up steam 4.75

15) Eddie G vs. Shinjiro Otani
- Slow start, but very good match 3.75

14) Dusty Rhodes / Sting vs. Road Warriors

- Ehhh 3.25 wasn't horrible, but expected more

13) Sting vs. Vader
- Classic 4.25

12) Brisco Brothers vs. Steamboat/Youngblood
- old...very old...3.00

11) Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair
- Dusty was stiff back then. Great match, BUT Dusty Rhodes did a no sell worse than Cena at WM23. Still great match 4.25

10) Eddie G vs. Dean Malenko
- Very Good 3.75

The second had some classics on it. Had a few so-so matches on it as well. Much better than the first from a wrestling standpoint.

Disc 3

9) Road Warriors vs. Steiners
- Two of the best teams ever, however a short match. 3.5

8) 3 Count vs. Jung Dragons vs. Noble/Karagias (Triple Ladder match)
- Holy shit, crazy ladder match 4.5

7) Sting vs. Ric Flair
- Classic, but was apart of tournament 4.0

6) Roddy Piper vs. Greg Valentine (Dog Collar Match)
- Perhaps the most brutal match in wrestling history. 4.25

5) Road Warriors vs. Midnight Express (Scaffold Match)
- Decent, again, just a scaffold match 3.25

4) Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan
- I see why there was a lot of contervarsy over this match. 3.5

3) Ric Flair vs Harley Race ( Steel Cage)
- Good match 3.75

2) Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard (Steel Cage/I Quit)
- Wow, awesome match, however it felt like it was missing a little something. This was another brutal war. 4.25

1) Ric Flair vs. Vader
- Great match 4.5

Entertaining DVD, The officiating in WCW SUCKED, I think that hurt some matches. I forget what match it was but Ric Flair was grabbing the ropes and the referee keep kicking him off. The pressure was on Ric Flair, it didnt make any sense. THen the referee were up, but yet missed chair shots and such. Just little stuff like that. Overall good show.