The Official DVD Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

lol, didn't you preorder it? How can they put it on backorder? Isn't there like compensation for that kind of stuff?

HHHforever

Reaction score
That is why I'm so pissed off. Usually when you pre-order something it guarentees that you get it when you're supposed to. I don't know how they could have fucked that up so bad. My only guess is that it's because they don't have enough t-shirts or the picture that's supposed to come with it. What's so Blue is that I ordered it like a month and a half ago so I don't see how my order got back ordered. If that's the case then a lot of fucking people got back ordered I'd imagine.

Reaction score
I just saw the Triple H, King Of Kings DVD and to be honest it was great but could have been more elaborated. I mean the documentary went so fast that more than half the dvd was his matches. Not that I'm complaining about seeing the matches but I would have liked the documentary to have been longer. overall 8/10 for me

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I just saw the Triple H, King Of Kings DVD and to be honest it was great but could have been more elaborated. I mean the documentary went so fast that more than half the dvd was his matches. Not that I'm complaining about seeing the matches but I would have liked the documentary to have been longer. overall 8/10 for me

I would also give it a 8 out of 10 there were some really good matches. The one vs cactus and the 2 out of 3 falls were my favorite.

PeepShow

Anyone picked up the new Hardy Boyz DVD yet? Or is it even out yet? :g:

What's been everyone's favorite DVD release so far this year?

Also...

516fx8hxprlss500bf2da3.jpg

noumenon

I picked up the Hardy DVD the other day. It's divided into two dics, one for Matt and one for Jeff. Matt's disc is fuckin great... really really interesting stuff on his. They cover every nitty gritty detail of his breakup with Lita from a real life perspective and everything, really fuckin cool. He talks about his ambitions and shit, they chronicle his whole singles career and basically them as a tag team.
I really didn't enjoy Jeff's disc at all. It's riddled with these horrific quotes from his "music" and is pretty much just an hour of him talking about riding dirt bikes and making statues out of fuckin aluminum foil..lmao. Also repeated clips of him swantoning everyone and their fuckin mother off ladders. He really doesn't seem to care too much for making it very big (as should be made evident by his choices) and really says nothing much about winning titles and shit.
The DVD covers Matt up until his injury during the MVP feud and covers Jeff up until right before his match with Orton at the Rumble.

I got the HHH KOK one a while back too, that one really sucked.

PeepShow

i believe its in the wrestling media section

Yeah, I'm not DLing 10+ links to from rapidshare. That would take days. More like close to a week for me. I'm not kidding btw.

And I wasnt asking for the DVD, I was just asking people's thoughts on if they had it yet and what they thought. It sounds pretty good from what noumenon said.

the dark knight

Yeah, I'm not DLing 10+ links to from rapidshare. That would take days. More like close to a week for me. I'm not kidding btw.

And I wasnt asking for the DVD, I was just asking people's thoughts on if they had it yet and what they thought. It sounds pretty good from what noumenon said.
1) thats your problem :)
2) you werent even sure whether it was released or not. so i told you that its in the media section....its in the wrestling media section=released already

C4

Yeah, I'm not DLing 10+ links to from rapidshare. That would take days. More like close to a week for me. I'm not kidding btw

Yeah, that's more like 20 links and it's rapidshare even with WS's account you can't download all of them. Best of all, it's more than 1GB and isn't even guaranteed to work.

I have seen reviews of this DVD and they say that it's one great DVD except that there is too little commentary which doesn't go too well with me. You can catch up with some reviews on youtube or daily.

But then again, it will be a great buy....... or should I say download? :unsure:

noumenon

It's definately worth the buy. You can still pick it up for 19.99 or 22.99 for the time being until it bumps back up to 30.00. I've seen it in Circuit City, Best Buy, Target and FYE...so it shouldn't be a problem to find.

PeepShow

This is the Rundown for Ric Flair's upcoming DVD:

This is a three disc set with a comprehensive professional biography and more than two discs filled with matches spanning the 30+ year career of the ‘Nature Boy.” It’s filled with exclusive footage from WrestleMania weekend, as well as the emotional sendoff Ric received at Raw the night after WrestleMania XXIV, including footage that never aired on television. Features several matches that have never before been released on DVD, from Mid-Atlantic, World Class Championship Wrestling, WCW, and more.

Disc 1

Beginnings

Plane Crash

The Nature Boy

Traveling Champion

Slick Ric

The Role of a Champion

The Four Horsemen

The Clash with Sting

Slaying the Dragon

Hardcore with Terry Funk

From Crockett to WCW

The Real World Champion

Troubles in WCW

Success in WWE

Evolution

WrestleMania 24 Weekend

Farewell to Flair

Flair Stories

Too Many Distractions

Buying Boots

Bleaching His Hair

Hanging with the Outlaws

Ric’s Relationship with the Members of Evolution

Key to the City March 24, 2008

Ric Flair Tribute Video

Disc 2

Jack Brisco vs. Ric Flair
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (18/08/82)

2 out of 3 Falls Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair
World Class Championship Wrestling (24/08/82)

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Ric Flair vs. Harley Race
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (31/08/83)

Ric Flair / Arn Anderson / Ole Anderson vs. Dusty Rhodes / Magnum TA / Manny Fernandez
World Wide Wrestling (15/12/85)

Sting vs. Ric Flair
Clash of the Champions (27/03/88)

Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk
Great American Bash (23/07/89)

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
Madison Square Garden (28/10/91)

WCW Championship
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat
Spring Stampede (17/04/94)

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Triple H vs. Ric Flair
Taboo Tuesday (01/11/05)

Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
WrestleMania 24 (30/03/08)

Extras
Ric Flair’s Farewell Address
RAW (31/03/08)

Promos

Limousine Drivin’ Jet Flyin’

Stylin & Profilin’ – NWA World Championship Wrestling May 25, 1985

Take a Ride on Space Mountain – NWA World Championship Wrestling June 22, 1985

The Boss – NWA World Championship Wrestling

August 17, 1985

Slick Ric – NWA World Championship Wrestling

September 7, 1985

Real Men Stay Up – NWA World Championship Wrestling September 21, 1985

What’s Causing All This – NWA World Championship Wrestling December 20, 1985

Space Mountainettes – NWA World Championship Wrestling April 7, 1987

Golden Spoon – NWA World Championship Wrestling November 13, 1987

The first disk documentary looks like it will OWN like no other. Seriously. Top of the list on my DVD's to get w/out a doubt. Just for the first disk nonetheless. All the others look damn good as well. :y:

xtremebadass

i might pick that up, I never watched Ric's prime, it might open my eyes a little

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Flair Anthology was great, but it was all matches and a few promos. I myself like the documentary style DVD. I really need to catch up on WWE DVD's after getting about 10 ROH DVD's on Saturday at the show (Which owned BTW, do not DL it)

I got this a LONG time ago, but has anyone seen Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW?

Soulpower

I would have liked some of Flair's matches against japanese wrestlers, but its still a good line-up.

Jack Brisco vs. Ric Flair
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (18/08/82)

That match alone makes want this DVD.