The Official DVD Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adampro123

Reaction score
I would like to bring up the brian pillman DVD. i wasn't a pillman fan by any means until i watched this DVD and i loved it. i don't think it matters weather you like pillman or not this is just a great DVD to watch and i recommend it to all of you.

also the WCCW DVD is very very good. i never seen anything from WCCW before and after watching the DVD it looks like that would have probably been the wrestling i liked most back in the day. its a really good DVD and if you want to learn on your wrestling history or you are a fan of WCCW i think this is a must have.

there are more i want to talk about but i will save that for another time.

CT Styles

Yesterday I bought WM19 for the HBK/Y2J match and I also bought the RAW 15th Anniversary DVD. That DVD is not bad IMO. I haven't watched all of it but what I have seen so far is good. Alot of great moments like 'Pillman's got a gun' and The first RAW and 'The Rock This Is Your Life' and Cena drafted #1 it is a pretty good DVD, I would recomend.

Others I have got recently are Stone Cold's, HBK's (that one's good), Cena's (Not Bad), A few more aswell I think

the dark knight

btw i have the rock's just bring it downloaded. really not so worth it tbh...

ill buy the next rock DVD...it should be good since its perhaps the last one.

HulkStar

Yeah Airfixx I totally agree...

I Just Bought The WWE Championship DVD its pretty awesome...
My favorite match is on there!!!
The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs. Triple H
I also bought That TNA 50 moments one...IT SUCKED! I only bought it to brush up on my TNA...

Here are some DVD's I wanna See:
Evoulution DVD
Best Of Smackdown DVD
Hell In a Cell DVD- I think they are making one though
Best Defunct PPV's DVD- Stupid theme but I'd watch it...
N.W.O.- From the formation to the end...
The Rock DVD
Chris Jericho DVD

PeepShow

I also bought That TNA 50 moments one...IT SUCKED! I only bought it to brush up on my TNA...

I wouldn't go quite that far. What were your reasons for thinking it sucked? I mean it certainly wasn't a 5* DVD by any means, but it was good flashback at some of the good memories and surprises in the 5 yrs of TNA. I was pleased and it wasn't bad.

edgehead09

Reaction score
i just got the Shawn Michaels DVD and the Documentary on it is pretty good...i have yet to watch all the matches but the Disk one is excellent and also i would love a NWO DVD...would be awesome

Mugen

Reaction score
I got my first wrestling DVD The Best of Raw 15th Anniversary a week ago.

It was great to see some of the moments I missed, though the blurs were annoying at times, but understandable.

Things I disliked about it are some things didn't belong like Eugene's musical chairs. Eugene's musical chairs, Stone Cold Stuns the Boss (who hasn't seen this?), and Kane/Lita Wedding gets on here but Shawn Micheals vs. Cena part 2 doesn't? That is bullshit.

Overall, it was a pretty good DVD.

HBKforever

Reaction score
I have the HBK and Ladder Match dvd which are both amazing. I also have the HBK from the vault dvd which has basically all the really good matches not on the new one. I have the 2nd ECW ONS , which was worth it just for the Cena-RVD match and the Edge/Foley vs. Dreamer/Funk matches. I want to get the ECW bloodsport dvd as well as the new DX dvd.

Hendrixxx

Reaction score
^^Bloodsport has some pretty good matches on there, i would def recommend it, the "extreme rules" dvd is decent, i was pissed when i went to watch the Sandman, Dreamer vs. Dudleyz match at ONS and Sandman's entrance wasn't "Enter Sandman", they even edited out the crowd singing along!

Airfixx

DVD's I wanna See:
...N.W.O.- From the formation to the end...

Dunno if it was ever brought out on DVD, but I have an NWO VHS at home... No matches, but a typical WWE docu. The WCW part is good, but the WWE part doesn't really touch upon much of what went down or even who became involved, and how.

I never saw WWE TV during this period... Anyone point me in the direction of any good articles or links that tell the tale of NWO in WWE?

the dark knight

onlineworldofwrestling or just wiki...

it was nothing really. its like thy only came back for wrestlemania. they just arrived, met superstars (rock and stone cold), lost at mania (to rock and stone cold) then split up.

Airfixx

....Thought as much. Always wondered where exactly HBK, Booker & whoever else fitted into the equation tho'.

the dark knight

well, it was nothing but stupid angles tbh. recruiting bigshow, booker then HBK's return. and they tried to recruit triple h i think after the brand split..

Reaction score
I bought the raw 15th anniversery dvd i was so mad because it showed the same things we saw on the raw 10th anniversery and seriously how the diddnt DXs Return Not make it or the Return of Y2J or the one that got me real mad when mickie caught trish in the shower and if anyone knows where i can find that i would appreciatte it. Also after every moment it shows that time line and i saw better things in that id rather see like Goldberg attacking the Rock