The Official DVD Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea I was a little pissed that it was only 2 disks also, but I'm going to withhold my judgment until I actually see it. However I'm pretty pumped that it was only 28 bucks and I got an old school t-shirt and an autographed picture, pretty good deal if you ask me. Did you get the package or just the dvd?

kingovkings

Reaction score
nah i in uk so it wud cost loadz 2 ship it so i got just dvd but i have that retro tshirt anyways so i not that upset lol

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Oh I got you, yea I don't have the shirt so I figured it was a good buy. I can't wait for it to get here, I wish it came out sooner, I'm hoping that it gets here before Mania, but I'm not optimistic.

PeepShow

The ECW DVD does get a little bit better as it goes on in terms on language. I love the Dudleyz. Seriously, they have to be the top if, not way up there in the reason why ECW was so popular. After they left though, that, imo, is why the show started to decline. I honestly didn't even realize they were that hardcore on the mic. If they stuff they said back then were on TV now, the FCC would be all over their asses like stink on shit.

For ex] *Bubba talking to a fan in the front row* "Look at this ho. Your mother obviously showed you how to suck dick when you were younger"

There are loads more examples, but IDK want to cuss too much in this thread at one time. I might save it for later. But yeah, that DVD is pretty good.

kingovkings

Reaction score
HHHFOREVER--- YUP If i was in states id get it 2 its a good buy. I get most of my stuff of amazon, silverision UK, or wweeuroshop which sucks coz i got wait longer for t,shirts coz they don't come out over here till ages after USA. want new DX shirt but not out over here yet

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea that does suck, new DX shirt is amazing but I can't afford it right now. I wanted the DX Canada shirt that says suck it, eh on the back, but I forgot to order it when I got the other shit and now I don't have the money anymore haha.

Peep,
That's some funny shit about the Dudley's they're golden on the mic. Feel free to give more examples of stuff they said, that one quote was absolutely hilarious.

the dark knight

im not gonna read all that, just gonna post whatever.

i got undertaker's this is my yard. its not any good but not bad either. he just talks about his life and how he started wrestling. and he tapped out to his wife sara....he says the armbar hurts like hell.

monday night wars....probably the best wrestling DVD i watched. if you didnt get that yet, GO GET IT NOW.

alright im already too lazy to keep going.

last one i got is the legacy of stone cold. watched the first disc so far, AWESOME. but FUCK YOU WWE for censoring "bad" words...seriously, i'd understand if they censored ******, fuck and others but COME ON!!! this is fucking DVD.

and for that reason, i dont think im getting any new ones (other than hbk's)

PeepShow

the dark knight said:
monday night wars....probably the best wrestling DVD i watched. if you didnt get that yet, GO GET IT NOW.

Yeah, pretty much awesome, as you said. Miss those times :(

the dark knight said:
last one i got is the legacy of stone cold. watched the first disc so far, AWESOME. but FUCK YOU WWE for censoring "bad" words...seriously, i'd understand if they censored ******, fuck and others but COME ON!!! this is fucking DVD.

Yeah, that is what I've been saying for 2 or 3 of my posts. It's even more ubergay when they give messages before the DVD even starts that children under 17 shouldn't view it b/c it language, violence, and sexual stuff. Pretty dumb tbh and it really pisses me off.

And HHHForever, I believe there was another quote that they said in that same part where they yelled at a fat dude in the front row, and they said...I kid you not:

"You want a piece of me you fat fuck? Get your ass in here you piece of shit mother fucker."

I didn't even really laugh at the fact he was cussing the dude out, it was the fact that he was calling someone else fat :laugh:

Michael1

Reaction score
I recently got the ladder match DVD, and I have to say it's just plain awesome! TLC and Ladder what more can you ask for? Just plain awesome.

I'm probably going to buy the Triple H DVD when it comes out. That looks pretty cool. I wonder when they're going to have a DVD for The Rock and Edge...? Oh well.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Peep,
hahahahaha, holy shit that's hilarious. Not only what he was saying, but as you said, that he was calling someone else fat. I really what them to come back to the WWE, it'd really help the tag division and I've always liked them, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Michael 1,
I believe both the Rock and Edge have dvd's coming out this year. I'm pretty sure the Rock has one coming out in June, I think, and Edge's comes out later in the year I wanna say around October or so but I'm not positive on that one. I definitely plan on getting the Rock one when it comes out.

Michael1

Reaction score
Peep,
hahahahaha, holy shit that's hilarious. Not only what he was saying, but as you said, that he was calling someone else fat. I really what them to come back to the WWE, it'd really help the tag division and I've always liked them, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Michael 1,
I believe both the Rock and Edge have dvd's coming out this year. I'm pretty sure the Rock has one coming out in June, I think, and Edge's comes out later in the year I wanna say around October or so but I'm not positive on that one. I definitely plan on getting the Rock one when it comes out.

Awesome! IMO, The Rock is long over-due for one. That's just my opinion. I'll be definitely buying The Rock DVD. You gotta know that'll be jammed with great matches... and loads of funny promos. :)

Anyone have the Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD? I've been thinking of buying it, but I'm not sure how it is. Anyone?

PeepShow

Anyone have the Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD? I've been thinking of buying it, but I'm not sure how it is. Anyone?

Yeah, I believe I've talked about it a few times in here. It's a very good collection. Only one complaint from me and that is with the Survivor Series 2000 matchup between him and Trips. Anyone who has this knows what I am talking about.

Soulpower

I HATED the Monday Night War DVD. It felt like one of those ego-stroking DVD's made just for Vince Mcmahon, by Vince McMahon. The documentary ultimately becomes a "look how awesome WWF is/was and looked at how sucky WCW was" when in reality, WCW was a very good organization for a number of years while WWF was floundering with their stupid gimmicks and weak drawing champs.

My favorite will always be the Brian iPllman DVD (Loose Cannon). The man was a great talent, underrated as hell and it was about time that his story got told and it made for one great release.

PeepShow

I HATED the Monday Night War DVD. It felt like one of those ego-stroking DVD's made just for Vince Mcmahon, by Vince McMahon. The documentary ultimately becomes a "look how awesome WWF is/was and looked at how sucky WCW was" when in reality, WCW was a very good organization for a number of years while WWF was floundering with their stupid gimmicks and weak drawing champs.

They gave a lot of good details about how good WCW was at that time. It's a WWE production and Vince still didn't like WCW then and still prolly doesn't really care to talk about them now, but I don't think it was that bad. I can't say I'm disappointed, thats for sure.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

the edge dvd should be awesome. looking forward to it, but its unusualt that they release a dvd about him when hes clearly a heel