The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Darkavius

Reaction score
As I’ve said time and time again, change might have been needed, but it’s not the first change that was needed. There is no protection to the QB because the OL sucks ass. The only people who are worth a fuck for him to throw too is the TE Pitts and the RB Cordarrelle Patterson. Ridley last season before leaving for his mental break wasn’t playing like he had been, and now he’s out for a year because of gambling, so the receiving core is ass. The defense is horrific. Matt Ryan still played pretty decently and did things with the shit he was given. But idiots want to place the blame on him and him alone, while over looking every other fucking problem this team has. As I said yes, change needs to be done. It’s why you get a QB who isn’t exactly ready yet, let him learn from Ryan, then let Ryan retire a Falcon when the time comes. All while actually getting the team the pieces it actually needs to be a great team.

Indy has a much better team for him and I’m sure he’ll light it up over there.

You are not wrong. Atlanta's biggest problem was keeping their ex-GM Thomas Dimitroff for too long. The guy set the Falcons back years with his draft choices, but based upon what you are saying everything is horrific except the kicker so why keep Ryan around? Keeping Ryan around would mean he takes more abuse for no gain. The only sound reasoning to keep an older QB on a crap or so-so team is to just get by or as a placeholder ala the Patriots with Cam Newton.

Additionally, I get people wanted to keep Ryan but are we forgetting about his cap? For an older, better than average QB that will get Atlanta nowhere he takes up a lot of cap space. Hard to bring in weapons when you don't have any money. This is the same type of issue I expect Green Bay to have this upcoming season since Rodgers is holding that team hostage.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
You are not wrong. Atlanta's biggest problem was keeping their ex-GM Thomas Dimitroff for too long. The guy set the Falcons back years with his draft choices, but based upon what you are saying everything is horrific except the kicker so why keep Ryan around? Keeping Ryan around would mean he takes more abuse for no gain. The only sound reasoning to keep an older QB on a crap or so-so team is to just get by or as a placeholder ala the Patriots with Cam Newton.

Additionally, I get people wanted to keep Ryan but are we forgetting about his cap? For an older, better than average QB that will get Atlanta nowhere he takes up a lot of cap space. Hard to bring in weapons when you don't have any money. This is the same type of issue I expect Green Bay to have this upcoming season since Rodgers is holding that team hostage.
The reason I say keep him around, is so his replacement has someone great to learn from. Matt Ryan is probably one of the best QB of all time to not have a ring. A young QB learning behind him, and everything could do wonders. The cap hit tho I do see your point there, this will free up a lot of cap room next season. Which will be good. I’m hoping this isn’t a long rebuild because it sucks seeing a team I love do so bad. Surely when two others I’m a fan of (Braves and Bulldogs) just won championships. So it be nice to have all 3 be championship caliber teams.

Reactions: Doom

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Also I agree. Fuck Thomas Dimitroff

Darkavius

Reaction score
Hey @Falcons maybe this can be a good replacement
They will get him if he is still on the board but I'm afraid Houston, Detroit or Carolina will grab him first, which annoys me. I'm so tired of seeing Detroit in the top 3 of lottery picks every year.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That's a lot of picks damn

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
This is good news for the rest of the AFC west, including the Broncos. Don't have to worry about Hill and his quickness. The Dolphins have been making moves lately but to me the biggest focus will be on if Tua can stay healthy this season regardless of who is guarding him.

Reactions: Doom

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Jesus fucking Christ

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean that is alot of picks but tell me one guy at 29th or the other picks that will make an impact like Hill does every play Chiefs. As for him going to the Dolphins I don't have faith in Tua but geez now you get Hill as your number 1 time to put up or shut up.

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
They will get him if he is still on the board but I'm afraid Houston, Detroit or Carolina will grab him first, which annoys me. I'm so tired of seeing Detroit in the top 3 of lottery picks every year.
Hopefully Carolina.

Darkavius

Reaction score
I mean that is alot of picks but tell me one guy at 29th or the other picks that will make an impact like Hill does every play Chiefs. As for him going to the Dolphins I don't have faith in Tua but geez now you get Hill as your number 1 time to put up or shut up.

True, but you have to have the belief that Tua can make the throws to him consistently. Can Tua even stay healthy enough throughout the season? Still don't like this trade though. There's no long term thinking to it when the Dolphins aren't built to win right now like say Indy. Miami is basically using Hill as the test to see how good Tua can be and if he's not the Dolphins are out massive money and a franchise QB.

Side note Kairi who is that wrestler in your signature?

Reactions: Stellar

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
True, but you have to have the belief that Tua can make the throws to him consistently. Can Tua even stay healthy enough throughout the season? Still don't like this trade though. There's no long term thinking to it when the Dolphins aren't built to win right now like say Indy. Miami is basically using Hill as the test to see how good Tua can be and if he's not the Dolphins are out massive money and a franchise QB.

Side note Kairi who is that wrestler in your signature?

For the Dolphins organization I hope they do because if not boy where do you go at QB then? Oh and the lady in my Sig is AZM she works for Stardom the same Company that gave us Kairi and Io Shirai.