The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
@Kairi HoHo will love this news:

Eagles bringing back 'Kelly green' uniforms for 2023; will add black helmet this season​

Yeah I ran around when I heard the news from Lurie for sure. I have a Reggie White Kelly Green Jersey and I love that look so the look returning is something the fanbase has wanted for quite awhile. Maybe in 2023 I get a Sugar Momma and she's able for me to buy a new Jersey :plotting:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

XLTVKiT.png

Everyone fill their Predictions for fun. Shoot I forgot Ojabo got injured and will be seemly out the whole Season for the team that drafts him. That might bounce him out of the 1st Round then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swerve

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

CB Patrick Peterson says he's re-signing with Minnesota Vikings​

ESPN

Cornerback Patrick Peterson announced Wednesday on "All Things Covered," the podcast he co-hosts with Bryant McFadden, that he will be re-signing with the Minnesota Vikings on a one-year contract.

"I'm gonna stay put in Minnesota and run it back with the guys. Keep it in the North," he said, while donning a Vikings cap.

He said other teams his agent was talking to included the Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Washington Commanders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He said Tampa Bay's interest was dependent on whether they re-signed Carlton Davis, which they ultimately did.

He said the addition of new head coach Kevin O'Connell and his pick for defensive coordinator, Ed Donatell, has him excited to return.

"I just felt it was right just to be there and grind with those guys and try to all come together for that common goal. The team is stacked," he said. "Like I always talked about last year, we just didn't put it together in certain situations but we got even better, I believe, this year in the offseason by adding a great offensive mind in Kevin, adding pass rusher (Za'Darius Smith) to help Danielle [Hunter], with Ed coming from his defensive background ... these guys are definitely trying to put the pieces into place and now it's just on us, the coaching staff and the players, to go out and executive and put together the best game plan possible to get some dubs."

He said he would like to play three more seasons, including the 2022 season.

"I feel great, it just all depends on what the body feels," he said.

After 10 seasons with the Arizona Cardinals where he earned three All-Pro honors and was named to eight consecutive Pro Bowls, Peterson signed a one-year prove-it deal with the Vikings in 2021.

Peterson, 31, brought a wealth of experience to the Vikings secondary as he transitioned into a role that did not rely on him shadowing opponents' top receivers the way he had throughout the prime of his career in Arizona. While in Minnesota, Peterson played an important role in helping develop young cornerbacks like Cameron Dantzler, Kris Boyd and Harrison Hand.

Peterson still excelled as a run defender and might opt to explore a move to safety at this point of his career, a move he discussed at the tail end of the 2020 season while still with the Cardinals.

The cornerback walked away from the 2021 season with a pick-six in the Vikings' Week 18 finale against the Chicago Bears to extend a streak of recording an interception in all 11 seasons he has played in the NFL. He appeared in 13 games for the Vikings after a hamstring injury forced him onto injured reserve from Weeks 7-10 and a COVID-19 diagnosis caused him to miss a Week 13 loss at Detroit.

Peterson said his goal is to play 15 seasons before considering retirement, which could feature a move into broadcasting. His podcast that he co-hosts with Bryant McFadden, his cousin and a seven-year NFL vet, is a weekly obligation for the cornerback.

The Cardinals selected Peterson fifth overall in the 2011 draft. He has 29 interceptions in his 11 NFL seasons.

ESPN's Courtney Cronin contributed to this report.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

New Orleans Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins announces retirement after 13-year career​

ESPN

METAIRIE, La. -- New Orleans Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins announced his retirement Wednesday after an indelible 13-year NFL career that saw him win Super Bowls with two different franchises and emerge as a leader in the social justice movement.

Jenkins, 34, originally joined the Saints as a first-round draft pick out of Ohio State and played for New Orleans from 2009 to 2013 before spending six years with the Philadelphia Eagles from 2014 to 2019 and finishing his career back in New Orleans from 2020 to 2021.

He won Super Bowls with the Saints in 2009 and Eagles in 2017, and he was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2015, 2017 and 2018.

"I played the game at the highest level for 13 seasons," Jenkins said while sharing his decision on The Pivot podcast. "And I have accomplished Super Bowls, Pro Bowl, all that there is to do in this game. And when I came in, I always wanted to make an impact on the game on and off the field. And I just feel like at this point I've accomplished that."

The 6-foot, 204-pounder, who began his career as a cornerback, has 21 career interceptions, 20 forced fumbles and eight touchdowns scored. He played in 199 regular-season games with 191 starts, plus another 14 playoff games.

Jenkins had a remarkable 133-game ironman streak that was ended by the league's COVID-19 protocols last year. Before that, he hadn't missed a game since 2013.

"You know, you grind and put everything into this game in order to play at a certain level," Jenkins said. "You sacrifice your body, your time, your mental ... And I'm like, 'If I can do this, at this level, amongst the greatest in the world at what I'm doing, I'm excited to put that energy into something else.' It's that time.

"And I know that that's a huge blessing, and I don't take that for granted, to be able to choose to walk away from the game."

Jenkins was an undisputed leader on both teams and in both communities. Both chose him as their nominee for the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year award in different seasons. And he won the NFL Players Association's Byron "Whizzer" White Award for his community efforts in 2017.

Not only was Jenkins a co-founder of the Players Coalition -- a group of NFL player activists that later expanded into other sports -- but he also started a production company called Listen Up Media that produced the documentary "Black Boys." And he joined CNN as a political analyst, among many other community and business endeavors.

He helped organize a "Listen and Learn" tour with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie while in Philadelphia. He began raising his first during the national anthem in 2016 after seeking the blessing of an Air Force sergeant he had befriended in New Orleans. And in one of his most memorable and powerful acts in 2018, Jenkins silently addressed a group of reporters in Philadelphia by holding up a series of signs that read, "You aren't listening" and detailed facts about the criminal justice system, police-involved shootings and the efforts being made by fellow players in the community.

Jenkins said he will now continue those efforts in addition to other areas he hasn't explored -- including a scripted television comedy series he has been developing about his life.

Jenkins arguably played his best football in Philadelphia. But he said the defenses he played with over his final two seasons in New Orleans were the two best he ever played on. He said he would be torn if he had to choose whether to retire as a Saint or an Eagle.

"But I do know that I've made a lasting impact on both of these franchises -- and more importantly these franchises and cities made a lasting impact on my life," Jenkins said.

Saints coach Dennis Allen, who was Jenkins' position coach when he first entered the league, said in a statement that he was proud to have "the opportunity to coach Malcolm and congratulate him on an excellent career."

"The combination of skill, awareness and intelligence allowed Malcolm to be in position to make plays all over the field," Allen said. "To put up the numbers he did for as long as he did speaks both to his talent and his commitment to his craft. He was also a great leader in the locker room and important contributor to the community."

The Saints have now lost two of their three starting safeties after free agent Marcus Williams signed with the Baltimore Ravens. They still have nickel safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson, and they replaced Williams with former New York Jets starter Marcus Maye. But they could be on the lookout for another replacement.

The Saints recently signed former Kansas City Chiefs veteran Daniel Sorensen for depth. Their own veteran backup safety P.J. Williams remains unsigned in free agency.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Malcolm Jenkins was one of my favorite Eagle Players over the Years and I'm sadden to hear this news earlier today. He carried himself like a Champion every Game while giving back to the Community. Congrats on your retirement and to your next journey in life Malcolm. He's a Eagle to me now and forever.

Reactions: Swerve and Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Todd Bowles is taking over as Head Coach for those Bucs and the last time he was a Head Coach for the Jets they went 24-40. Granted this Bucs team has way more talent than the Jets had in those 4 Years but proceed with Caution. A little shocked Byron Letfwich didn't get the promotion especially with his relationship with Brady but they went with experience I guess.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
I respect Brian Arians for calling it a coaching career. He's been coaching offense in some capacity, for many years. He's credited for putting the Cardinals back on the map in the mid 2010s, coaching them to the NFC Championship in 2015, and bring in Tom Brady, to lead the Buccaneers to their first Super Bowl title since 2002.

His new role working for the team's front office should relax him more. I know that he'll give Todd Bowles pointers and the best of luck, in taking over as head coach for the team.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I respect Brian Arians for calling it a coaching career. He's been coaching offense in some capacity, for many years. He's credited for putting the Cardinals back on the map in the mid 2010s, coaching them to the NFC Championship in 2015, and bring in Tom Brady, to lead the Buccaneers to their first Super Bowl title since 2002.

His new role working for the team's front office should relax him more. I know that he'll give Todd Bowles pointers and the best of luck, in taking over as head coach for the team.

Wait Bruce has a brother named Brian who also retired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Okay now I hate The Rams where are they coming up with all this money?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just burn that organization to the ground at this point.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler