The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Also looking like the Deshaun Watson thing might happen… if so they better not give up to much in the trade, and also fill the other holes :lol as we need it

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

If OBJ doesn't get injured I'm not sure this move happens. This signing hurts my soul but the Rams give him a great chance to win his first Ring so I imagine that end all for his thought process. I don't know why they needed him considering Woods and Van Jefferson is just going to eat into his Catches. He could of went to another Team and been the number 1 but hey the deal is done.

Last edited:

Darkavius

Reaction score
This whole Browns/Baker Mayfield situation is dumb as hell. Baker has requested a trade and the Browns are saying no. So you have a QB that doesn't want to play for your team that the ownership doesn't believe is the future, and you don't want to trade him? The Browns might have the dumbest front office in all of the NFL.

Surely they didn't think they had a real shot at Watson, right? You can get some okay pieces for Baker if you shop it right but instead they want to hold Mayfield hostage contractually?

If I am the Browns I trade draft capital for Matt Ryan or Jimmy G. If I can't get any of those guys as I hear today just trade for Jordan Love and see what he can do. I know I am going to have to rebuild anyway because Baker is leaving so I get a mid-level QB, do what I can this coming year and build through the draft and free agents.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Darkavius

Reaction score
Like if they would just step back for a second and realize this team doesn’t have much of an OLine, don’t really have any top receivers, and the defense is trash, they would see it’s away bigger problem than Matt Ryan. I agree it’s time to start building his replacement. But they need to fix all these other holes and issues as well, and then the Falcons can get back to being okay instead of sucking

Sounds good in theory what you are saying but Atlanta did a lot better than they should have last year with what you said. You are right about what you said but the only team that is better than Atlanta is New Orleans talent wise and they have a rookie head coach. If Sean Payton was there this would be a no-brainer but you know this a QB/pass rusher league.

No one is coming to play with a mid-level QB who has about 3 to 5 years left at most (Ryan). You lose tons of draft capital but there is no guarantee the Falcons will find another franchise QB in the next 2 to 3 years. So why not go with trying to get a top 5 QB?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sounds good in theory what you are saying but Atlanta did a lot better than they should have last year with what you said. You are right about what you said but the only team that is better than Atlanta is New Orleans talent wise and they have a rookie head coach. If Sean Payton was there this would be a no-brainer but you know this a QB/pass rusher league.

No one is coming to play with a mid-level QB who has about 3 to 5 years left at most (Ryan). You lose tons of draft capital but there is no guarantee the Falcons will find another franchise QB in the next 2 to 3 years. So why not go with trying to get a top 5 QB?

Because there's no guarantee that that "Top 5 QB" is gonna be any good after missing two years of play.

Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Not to mention Watson is PR poison now.

Reactions: Doom

Darkavius

Reaction score
Not to mention Watson is PR poison now.

A good front office can handle a PR nightmare ala Big Ben. So then what would you do? Are you going to hope you get a franchise QB in the next 2 years who then will take another 2 to 3 years to develop? Which means at that point you would probably have to get a new coach and start all over again.

I'll take my risk on Watson. PR nightmare but with a good staff I can get past that and I know he can play instead of an unknown for the next 5 years. If Watson doesn't work out Atlanta would have to blow it all up and rebuild anyway so I would rather do that with a top 5 QB than a rookie QB.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

If it happens I’ll hope for the best, and will give him my support, because it’s what I do. But I still think the risk isn’t worth it. We would have to give up a lot for him.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Source: Philadelphia Eagles to release DT Fletcher Cox, open to re-signing him on reworked deal​

ESPN

PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles have released Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, the team announced.

At 4 p.m. ET Thursday, $18 million of Cox's contract would have become guaranteed. Philadelphia is open to bringing Cox back on a reworked deal, a source said, although he now has the opportunity to explore other options.

The Eagles had been engaged in trade talks for Cox and were looking for a Day 2 pick in return, a source said, but nothing came to fruition.

The Eagles released Cox with a post-June 1 designation. They save $16 million with the move, according to a source. If they were to sign him back, they would save the difference between $16 million and whatever he signs for.

Cox, 31, has made six Pro Bowls and has been named to four All-Pro teams since being selected 12th in the 2012 draft. He was a key part of Philadelphia's championship team and posted a career-high 10.5 sacks the next season.

His play had fallen off of late, however. He finished with 3.5 sacks in 16 games last season. He was also publicly critical of how he was being deployed by defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon. Cox was the subject of trade talks before November's trade deadline.

Cox has 58 career sacks and 142 quarterback hits over 10 seasons.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I wonder what Rodgers is thinking right now. You trade away my top WR after tagging him and now you want me to stay. Rodgers try everything next Season to get out of that deal that organization has no clue how to run an organization.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Big time trade for the Raiders. The AFC West is going to be really interesting to watch this upcoming Season.