The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Like if they would just step back for a second and realize this team doesn’t have much of an OLine, don’t really have any top receivers, and the defense is trash, they would see it’s away bigger problem than Matt Ryan. I agree it’s time to start building his replacement. But they need to fix all these other holes and issues as well, and then the Falcons can get back to being okay instead of sucking

No sympathy as a Cowboys fan who actually liked Tony Romo. Dumbasses made me hate the entire fanbase just about lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Pretty much how I feel about Falcons fans. I honestly want to see Ryan leave and go win a Super Bowl some place else. I’d be happy for him.

Reactions: Doom and Chris

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Source: Randy Gregory flips on Dallas Cowboys after agreeing to contract, to join Denver Broncos instead​

ESPN

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- In a stunning -- and public -- reversal of free-agency fortune, the Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with outside linebacker Randy Gregory.

The Dallas Cowboys announced on the team's social media accounts Tuesday morning that Gregory had agreed to a deal to return to the team, but multiple Broncos sources later confirmed that he instead is joining Denver. The deal is the same in basic construction: five years, $70 million, with $28 million of guarantees largely coming in the first two years.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that salary-forfeiture language the Cowboys include in player contracts that led Gregory to back out of his agreement is standard for them but not commonly used by other teams. The Cowboys now have "high interest" in Von Miller depending on his financial expectations, the source said.

The clause Gregory objected to -- voiding his contract if fined/suspended for any drug offense or violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy -- was not included in his previous Cowboys contract and also wasn't mentioned in Monday's contract talks that lasted until midnight, a source told Werder. When questioned about the clause, the Cowboys said that it is included in every Dallas player contract but Dak Prescott's, the source told Werder.

The Broncos had done extensive due diligence on Gregory's past suspensions before free agency opened, and the team's personnel department had graded Gregory as one of the top edge rushers available. The team had negotiated throughout Monday with Gregory's representatives in hopes of a deal.

Denver also agreed to re-sign linebacker Josey Jewell to a two-year, $11 million contract Tuesday, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. Broncos general manager George Paton said at the NFL scouting combine that Jewell is "completely recovered'' from the torn pectoral he suffered in Week 2 last season.

Gregory, 29, joins Bradley Chubb as the starting outside linebackers in the Broncos' 3-4 defense. The Broncos are hopeful that Gregory can continue his career resurgence.

Because of a variety of injuries and suspensions, Gregory has never started more than 11 games in a season nor finished with more than six sacks.

His change of heart isn't the first time the Broncos have lured a free agent who appeared to be headed elsewhere late in the process. In 2014 they finished the terms on a deal with wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders' representatives while Sanders was at the Kansas City Chiefs' complex on a visit.

That was also the year the Broncos signed DeMarcus Ware, who had been released by the Cowboys. Like Ware, Gregory wore No. 94 with Dallas.

Gregory's signing and the trade for quarterback Russell Wilson give the Broncos two of the most impactful moves in the league over the past two weeks.

After missing two full seasons and 14 games in another because of suspensions for multiple violations of the league's substance abuse policy, Gregory became one of the Cowboys' best pass-rushers and was added to the players' leadership council by head coach Mike McCarthy in 2021.

Gregory made a career-high 11 starts last season, missing time because of a calf strain and COVID-19. He had 19 tackles, a tackle for loss, three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and an interception, while matching his career high with six sacks.

The Cowboys selected Gregory in the second round of the 2015 draft after off-field issues hurt his status. After missing most of the 2016 season and all of 2017, Gregory put up six sacks in 14 games during the 2018 season, missing two matchups for injury.

He was suspended for the full season in 2019 and the first six games of 2020, but the Cowboys remained loyal to Gregory, signing him to a one-year extension.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lots of NFL moves to mention.

Source: Randy Gregory flips on Dallas Cowboys after agreeing to contract, to join Denver Broncos instead​

What a dick

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Bills sign von miller

The contract may say 6 years reports really stating its likely 2 years and he will retire we also signed oj Howard hope he's better then our last oj xD

• Wow
Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

Sources: Tennessee Titans plan to release WR Julio Jones​

ESPN

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans are planning to release wide receiver Julio Jones, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Dianna Russini on Wednesday.

Jones was signed through the 2024 season. It is likely he will be released with a post-June 1 designation, giving the Titans $9.5 million in salary-cap savings.

The Titans acquired Jones last year along with a 2023 sixth-round draft pick from the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for a 2022 second-round pick and a 2023 fourth-round pick. The move was supposed to provide much-needed balance to Tennessee's passing attack.

Jones, however, appeared in just 10 games because of injuries and had career lows with 31 receptions for 434 yards and just one touchdown reception.

"It looked like we were headed in the right direction and then had some setbacks along the way," Titans general manager Jon Robinson said at the NFL scouting combine. "Unfortunately, he wasn't out there enough to really make an impact week after week. When he was out there, he helped our football team. But it was one of those things that seemed like a nick every week that we were trying to work through. That's a balance that you always work through as players' careers start to get a little longer. You see some things and wonder if that was an isolated instance or is this going to be a repetitive thing."

It was the second straight season Jones was limited by injury. He appeared in just nine games for the Falcons in 2020.

The Titans will now have A.J. Brown and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine as the top receivers on their depth chart after Jones' release.

Brown paid tribute to Jones on Wednesday, tweeting: "You have taught me a lot in a short period of time. I'm grateful to be apart of you journey. You're the reason why I started to begin to play this game. A HOF receiver is what you are and what I strive to be one day. Thank you, I'll take it from here! Salute!"

The Falcons drafted Jones sixth overall in 2011, sending multiple picks to Cleveland to be able to take the Alabama standout. Atlanta, when it moved up to acquire Jones, traded its first-round pick in 2011 (No. 26), its second-round pick, two fourth-round picks and its 2012 first-round pick.

Jones, 33, is the Falcons' career leader in catches (848) and yards (12,896) and is second to Roddy White in touchdown receptions (63). His 91.9 receiving yards per game is the best per-game average in NFL history.

I'm actually a bit surprised that the Titans released Julio. They should have at least give him another season to improve on a disastrous 2021 campaign.

But, that gives the team more salary cap space, which I'm pretty happy about that.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
God damn 6 Years for Miller he played well in that Rotation for the Rams but not 6 Years good I feel. Still a good leader and piece to add to the Defense for the Bills. Julio come to the Eagles I need...need a vet!

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
God damn 6 Years for Miller he played well in that Rotation for the Rams but not 6 Years good I feel. Still a good leader and piece to add to the Defense for the Bills. Julio come to the Eagles I need...need a vet!
The offcial report the last 3 years are completely voidable so it's in essence a 3year deal

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr