• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Darkavius

Not too happy seeing Rodgers stay on with The Packers would of loved to see him go somewhere else to open up the NFC. So that is alot of money being given out you have to have Adams a huge Contract too but if destroy the Bank for two guys the rest of the Team in Free Agency suffers.

Long term I think paying Rodgers what I am hearing is $153 million guaranteed is a mistake. Where is all the money going to come from for the defense and the secondary?

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
OMG! Wilson to Denver! OH HELL YES!

Broncos getting DangeRuss!

They are losing some players and draft picks in this trade, including Noah Fant. So that part sucks. Could we see Lock passing to Lockett in Seattle? A "Lock to Lock" connection? I do hope that it works out well there for Drew Lock.

Doom

La Bestia
Packers are so fucked tbh with the cap now.
And they should be. They're going all-in on Rodgers and his star weapon, Adams, hoping that Rodgers would take them to the Super Bowl again in the next 4 years. I get it, the Packers are a winning-team, but their shortcomings in the playoffs have been very often. The Packers better hope that Rodgers don't suffer a season-ending injury in those 4 years.

I mean the Broncos have some good pieces on Offense. Defense needs some more help but they would be a Wild Card Contender if he says yes.

The Broncos have risked tons to get Russ: Two first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, two second round picks in 2022 and 2023 and a fifth round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

John Elway wanted to emulate what he did a decade ago by bringing in Peyton Manning, in hopes to lead them to a winning franchise once again and Super Bowl champions. Peyton did take them to Super Bowl XLVIII, but the Broncos got destroyed 43-8 by the Seahawks, lead by Russ, which makes the blockbuster trade somewhat, hilariously ironic. But hey, I love that he got traded, no offense Mitch. I just can't see him being thrown like a rag doll with sacks, fumbles and losing yards, because of a futile offensive line to protect him.

As for the Seahawks, they're gonna go through hell without him in 2022. But with the draft picks they've acquired, they can start rebuilding and keep doing so until all the pieces of the puzzle is connected. The team may not be a success for a couple of seasons, but I believe that the organization will make wise choices to put the team back on the map.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
And they should be. They're going all-in on Rodgers and his star weapon, Adams, hoping that Rodgers would take them to the Super Bowl again in the next 4 years. I get it, the Packers are a winning-team, but their shortcomings in the playoffs have been very often. The Packers better hope that Rodgers don't suffer a season-ending injury in those 4 years.

The Broncos have risked tons to get Russ: Two first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, two second round picks in 2022 and 2023 and a fifth round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

John Elway wanted to emulate what he did a decade ago by bringing in Peyton Manning, in hopes to lead them to a winning franchise once again and Super Bowl champions. Peyton did take them to Super Bowl XLVIII, but the Broncos got destroyed 43-8 by the Seahawks, lead by Russ, which makes the blockbuster trade somewhat, hilariously ironic. But hey, I love that he got traded, no offense Mitch. I just can't see him being thrown like a rag doll with sacks, fumbles and losing yards, because of a futile offensive line to protect him.

As for the Seahawks, they're gonna go through hell without him in 2022. But with the draft picks they've acquired, they can start rebuilding and keep doing so until all the pieces of the puzzle is connected. The team may not be a success for a couple of seasons, but I believe that the organization will make wise choices to put the team back on the map.

I highly doubt Rodgers is even staying for all four of those years either. He's 38 years old and has to start dropping in ability dramatically at some point. I will not be surprised if he becomes like Ben Roethlisberger this year.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Yeah I don't see Adams finishing that Contract especially if Rodgers continues to be a Regular Season performer and coming short in the Playoffs. The Packers tag him now but I can't see them tagging him next Season and that number would be even more especially if they get to the SB for a Contract after this upcoming Season.

Doom

La Bestia
I highly doubt Rodgers is even staying for all four of those years either. He's 38 years old and has to start dropping in ability dramatically at some point. I will not be surprised if he becomes like Ben Roethlisberger this year.
You got a point Grim.

Look at Peyton Manning when his production unexpectedly dropped in his final NFL season in 2015, having his worst season, despite the Broncos winning Super Bowl 50. That season, he threw for 2,249 yards, 9 touchdowns, 17 interception, with a 67.9 passer rating, and had to be benched for Brock Osweiler later in the season. It's crazy that I didn't see that coming, having a fantastic 2014 season, throwing for 4,727 yards, 39 touchdowns 15 interceptions, 101.5 passer rating, to drop like a brick the next season in production.