The Official 2024 NASCAR Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I mean yeah, I was really sad when they ended the race early last night as much as anyone. I sympathize with being disappointed with how rain dampened yesterdays big day ...but are these fans new? NASCAR doesn't ever continue a race to the next day if it's already past halfway or whatever mark. At least Christopher Bell already had a win. It's not like the Coke 600 win is what locked him in to the playoffs.

We have other things to worry about... like what's the future of SHR....

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I WANTED them to finish the race today, but nobody who has watched NASCAR for more than a season thought they would. They didn't have to.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
But yea, I like the idea of talking SHR. 4 charters and 4 drivers.

Lemme start with charters before I get into drivers.

Trackhouse buys one charter to give SVG a full-time ride next year.
23XI has reportedly been wanting to expand, so I can see them getting one.
I'd look out for Front Row to grab one and become a 3-car team (I'll elaborate in a minute)
That leaves one charter. Watch out for Legacy. Yea, they're shitty, BUT Toyota supposedly wants more of a presence in the Cup Series.

Now, drivers.
Briscoe, Berry, Gragson, Preece.

Let's be honest, Preece is the odd man out here.

Briscoe to FRM makes a ton of sense, either to replace McDowell, or in (what I'm guessing) is the new FRM ride.
One of Berry or Gragson lands in the other FRM ride in my scenario.

Toyota pushed Gragson out for JHN, so I can't see him to 23XI. I COULD see Josh Berry going there. He's already stepped out of the Chevy camp to go to Ford, and now his Ford team is selling out. Seems like a man without a manufacturer.

The Wood Brothers have to be looking for ways to get away from Harrison Burton. The kid can't drive. He's not getting better, and there's statistical proof that he's regressed since his rookie year which is.....incredible. If Preece is the only guy available of the 4, he can land in the 21.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I have a dream scenario too here. But I"ll share it when I have time to think it out lol

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Yeah I have seen speculation of one of them going to the 21 floating around. That's certainly possible. Surely Harrison isn't still in that ride in 2025.

I've seen people say that the Wood Brothers ride is developmental for Penske...I guess because of Ryan Blaney...and their affiliation but I am sure that the Wood Brothers want to still actually win a race or even get decent finishes. Briscoe has been in the Ford camp since forever. I can imagine Wood Brothers pursuing him.

OR if RFK expanded to 3 rides and added Chase Briscoe. I mean, if SHR does completely go away then I imagine that Ford would want to add more teams elsewhere.

As for the charters, I have no clue. Id LOVE for Dale Jr. to get in to the cup series but that's not happening. He has spoken against it.

Reactions: Doom

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Briscoe to RFK would be interesting for sure. I didn't consider them, but adding a third would be a big move.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
The 21 is pretty much a Penske developmental ride, which sucks for a car so historic.

Reactions: Doom

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Junior getting into Cup is my dream scenario that I alluded to last night. I'm just not sure how that happens since he's been so vocal about not putting up that kind of money. Maybe it happens if someone (Looking at you Hendrick) makes some sort of backdoor "investment" to get them in?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Junior getting into Cup is my dream scenario that I alluded to last night. I'm just not sure how that happens since he's been so vocal about not putting up that kind of money. Maybe it happens if someone (Looking at you Hendrick) makes some sort of backdoor "investment" to get them in?
I been thinking about this. If they really do go to this 3 charter deal, and grandfather in jgr and hms, it probably will be like when they did it for roush when they did the 4 team max. Let them honor the deals in place now, but have to drop to 3 as soon as one ends. Then Rick can sell one off to Jr at a decent deal, and give him Bowman as well or something lmao.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
That could work too. If JRM found a way in next year, a reunion with Berry would be really fun.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Todays the day we’re suppose to find out the deal with SHR, sometime this late afternoon from the reports.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Yea. I've been refreshing Jayski every few minutes lol

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Yea. Idk if that's officially out there anywhere, and I guess there's a chance that it's just a rumor. But I know a guy who installs seats for the Hendrick cars. I had texted him and asked if anybody knew anything outside of SHR and that's what I got back.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Also, there's rumblings that FRM wants to buy 2 charters and the SHR shop, becoming a 4 car team and taking Briscoe, Gragson, and Berry in the deal. Trackhouse MAY be interested in buying the other 2, adding SVG full time and moving Zane Smith from Spire to Trackhouse while McDowell takes Smith's ride.

I. Love. Silly. Season!

• Wow