The Next Generation Console war is over before it even starts: Sony just raped Micrsoft.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I don't care about this "console war" crap, but yes, seeing all the butthurt Xbox fans is fucking fantastic.

Oh yeah, same here. Always thought the console war was extremely stupid. Who says you can't like both? True gamers should want to experience every type of game out there, not limit themselves to one thing because they wanna' label themselves a specific type of gamer.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah, same here. Always thought the console war was extremely stupid. Who says you can't like both? True gamers should want to experience every type of game out there, not limit themselves to one thing because they wanna' label themselves a specific type of gamer.

Agreed. Also, just the whole "PS4orXBOX?? MY LIFE DEPENDS ON THIS DECISION!11" type of attitude is just hilarious to me. But to be fair, I'm not a huge gamer or anything, and don't care for the ''latest technology'' (Ipods, Iphones/smartphones, super latptops, tablets, super-mega game consoles, etc).

I'm an old man. Senhor Perfect

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Agreed. Also, just the whole "PS4orXBOX?? MY LIFE DEPENDS ON THIS DECISION!11" type of attitude is just hilarious to me. But to be fair, I'm not a huge gamer or anything, and don't care for the ''latest technology'' (Ipods, Iphones/smartphones, super latptops, tablets, super-mega game consoles, etc).

I'm an old man. Senhor Perfect

Ahaha yeah. I shouldn't even be really caring about it either since my decision is like 50% based on what most of my friends get and I've talked with every one of my friends and they're all either getting or leaning towards PS4 except Crayo and Xanth, so that's hard to argue with, lmfao.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I didn't know you were a Square Enix dude! :yay:

Oh and btw, Kingdom Hearts is also coming out for Xbox.

Well someone posted a picture in here and it said Kingdom hearts and FF were PS exclusives. I thought it was REALLY weird but yes i'm a big Square Enix dude. I love all that type of stuff, and can't wait for FF and Kingdom Hearts.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Question- : Does anyone know if Final Fantasy XIII-3 will be released on PS4 & XBOX ONE? According to Wikipedia the game will be released on PS3 & 360, but not the new consoles. Considering the game is released 11th Feb 2014 in U.S and 14th Feb 2014 in Europe and considering both the PS4 & XBOX ONE Would have been out for a few months won't game sales be extremely low? Unless you keep the old console of course.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I think people are over-exaggerating the difference between them. The main reason(s) Sony are "ahead" are completely down to Xbox failures. Xbox destroying the used game franchise and forcing online are their faults, and not PS4's innovation. The pricing comes because Kinect is compulsory, another silly Microsoft move imo. While Xbox have gone down that road, their exclusive games are so much better (Project Spark, Dead Rising 3), while Sony's are simply forgettable. Furthermore, despite what people say, Xbox have done more to make their console really next-gen. I haven't seen much from the PS4 that sets it apart from the PS3. As a gamer who is always online anyway, and doesn't ever borrow games or trade them in, those "wins" for Sony are meaningless for me.

Pros for Xbox:
  • Skype. At the moment I have to use Skype on the PC and have this long ass wire follow me on the bed where I play Xbox with friends. That goes with Skype with Xbox One.
  • Much prefer their capture + editing software; partnership with Twitch definitely helps
  • Extremely fast switching between tasks (and voice controlled).
  • Kinect is SO much better than it was.
  • Their exclusive games are better.
  • Smartglass looks like a really cool feature; again, very next-gen.
Cons for Xbox:
  • Used game fees.
  • Required internet connection.
  • A lot less powerful than the PS4; PS4 generally has better specs.
  • The constant kinect-connection results in no privacy.
  • $499
I'm undecided myself. I'm not sure if the next-gen features with the Xbox are worth the extra money and no privacy with Kinect. I'm not sure if PS4 is something I should buy just because it's cheaper, when I haven't seen anything that means it's a next-gen console. I really am undecided.
For me the pro's outweigh the cons. The live tv/exclusive games are enough for me. I am online 99% of the time i play, the only offline game i tear up is Skyrim, i can only wish that it hits consoles.

The price to me isnt an issue, as i plan on buying the 2nd gen system and then modding my 1st gen (the only good reason to buy a 1st gen anything) and so dropping 600 around thanksgiving works for me. Also you dont HAVE to have the kinect plugged in/turned on from what i've read.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Seriously who doesnt have an internet connection now days?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think a lot of the issue is based on the fact that you have to connect your console to the internet.
Just as there is a large part of the gaming world that plays online, there is a large part that just wants to play single player on console (I count myself there). And forcing those gamers to use online services when all they want is to play is a single player game has rubbed people the wrong way.

Had they made it optional it wouldn't be an issue. Why should I have to sign in on my console once a day when all I want is to play a single player game?

Reactions: seabs

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

ikr. Massive over-exaggeration in the gaming community imo. You need to connect once a day, that's it. I guess the very-much minority of predominantly single-player gamers might be mad, in which case, purchase a PS4. They won't get use of the features of the Xbox One anyway without internet connection, so what's the problem? Purchase the cheaper console and play offline.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
ikr. Massive over-exaggeration in the gaming community imo. You need to connect once a day, that's it. I guess the very-much minority of predominantly single-player gamers might be mad, in which case, purchase a PS4. They won't get use of the features of the Xbox One anyway without internet connection, so what's the problem? Purchase the cheaper console and play offline.
Yes. This is the simplest solution.

Xboxone seems to be more geared towards the online players (understandable since Fifa, Madden and such are some of Xbox's biggest cash cows alongside shooters like Halo, Call of Duty and Battlefield). PS4 is more for the "traditional" gamer it seems.

Want online play dominantely = Xbox One
Want single player dominantely = PS4

Last edited:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Disagree. What indicates that X1 is aimed towards sports gamers and not traditional gamers? It's not just sports games that play online a lot; first-person-shooters like CoD and BF4 are games you mainly buy for online experience. Same can apply to Halo actually as well.