The Next Generation Console war is over before it even starts: Sony just raped Micrsoft.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
If I were to choose based on games completely, then Xbox has already won. They have a partnership with FIFA, and their exclusives look fantastic. The other factors are definitely factors for me.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There you go then. You're a sports gamer seemingly so Xbox seems to be the way for you to go from a gaming standpoint.

I myself have other gaming tastes and preferences so I am leaning towards Playstation.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I'll be buying the Xbox One. Because that's the only console I can play Halo on.

Reaction score
Pros for Xbox:
  • Skype. At the moment I have to use Skype on the PC and have this long ass wire follow me on the bed where I play Xbox with friends. That goes with Skype with Xbox One.
  • Much prefer their capture + editing software; partnership with Twitch definitely helps
  • Extremely fast switching between tasks (and voice controlled).
  • Kinect is SO much better than it was.
  • Their exclusive games are better.
  • Smartglass looks like a really cool feature; again, very next-gen.

- Having Skype on Xbox shouldn't be a pro. You can easily get DDOS'd on it. As long as you're able to talk with your online friends some way, that should be enough.
- Video editing is better to do it on PC. So many different softwares to choose from and so many options they'll have. One of the main thing I see people nowadays do on their gaming videos is add their logo and some intro. I doubt Xbox One's video editing will have that.
- It does that because of the new specs which PS4 also has it.
- Kinect is useless for gamers and having to leave it on all the time with the internet on means zero privacy.
- I admit I like 3 games from their exclusives (Halo, that Rome game, and Dead Rising 3) but that's it. There are PS4 exclusives games that I want also.
- Smartglass isn't really useful. PS4 has theirs as well. Plus you can remote play if you got PS Vita.

Here's more cons you could put for Xbox One.

- You don't own the game. You only buy a license to play it.
- No Backwards Compatibility. PS4 has that also but you can buy and download PS1, PS2, and PS3 to PS4 games and play them.
- Region Locked. Not a big deal for us maybe but it is for a lot of peole around the world.
- No more pirating due to the online check. yah it's wrong but we do it anyways.
- Non upgradable hard disk.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- Having Skype on Xbox shouldn't be a pro. You can easily get DDOS'd on it. As long as you're able to talk with your online friends some way, that should be enough.
- Video editing is better to do it on PC. So many different softwares to choose from and so many options they'll have. One of the main thing I see people nowadays do on their gaming videos is add their logo and some intro. I doubt Xbox One's video editing will have that.
- It does that because of the new specs which PS4 also has it.
- Kinect is useless for gamers and having to leave it on all the time with the internet on means zero privacy.
- I admit I like 3 games from their exclusives (Halo, that Rome game, and Dead Rising 3) but that's it. There are PS4 exclusives games that I want also.
- Smartglass isn't really useful. PS4 has theirs as well. Plus you can remote play if you got PS Vita.

Here's more cons you could put for Xbox One.

- You don't own the game. You only buy a license to play it.
- No Backwards Compatibility. PS4 has that also but you can buy and download PS1, PS2, and PS3 to PS4 games and play them.
- Region Locked. Not a big deal for us maybe but it is for a lot of peole around the world.
- No more pirating due to the online check. yah it's wrong but we do it anyways.
- Non upgradable hard disk.

You can get DDOS'd without using Skype ridiculously easy. You can video edit if you invest in a decent game capture which is over a 100 pound; this is built in and free and easy to use. Kinect isn't useless to gamers, just to those who don't think they'll use it, no need to generalise lol. I dislike the privacy thing too. What PS4 games do you really want?

I don't care about lending games out, I never do it. I wouldn't play any 360 games on the Xbox One, so again, not a big deal for me. I never pirated with Xbox anyway.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
"When it comes to sharing games, up to 10 family members can be given home and away access to the primary user’s library. Friends can no longer borrow games, however. A one-time exchange is allowed between the primary user and people they have been friends with for more than 30 days on the Xbox Live service."

Because of that... PS4 is sounding better. If PS4 offers great games... I will definitely be leaning toward getting one.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Because of that... PS4 is sounding better. If PS4 offers great games... I will definitely be leaning toward getting one.

Most games are available for both systems. It comes down to what exclusives you prefer. You have until Christmas to make up your mind.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
If I were to choose based on games completely, then Xbox has already won. They have a partnership with FIFA, and their exclusives look fantastic. The other factors are definitely factors for me.
The games that they showed at the xbox conference were alright at best, there was nothing that was amazing. I think the best thing they showed was probably metal gear solid, but other games like Ryse just looked like horrible gameplay. You want to talk about good games than check out the partnership between PS4 and Rocksteady with the new Batman game coming out. Then there's The Order which was an awesome trailer that used the game's engine to make it. Xbox had that awesome Halo trailer, but that wasn't even game footage, so it's probably going to be the same shit. The Last of Us, which made me want to get a PS3 was great. Infamous Second Son, another PS4 exclusive was another game to add to that. Outside of the big hits PS4 just announced a slew of indie games that are going to be exclusive to it.

Xbox and PS are going to have the same games essentially and that includes Fifa, so as far as games go PS4 has the better exclusives IMO.

Reactions: Stopspot

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I just want to play my games. This crap is too complicated! :angry: :upset:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The games that they showed at the xbox conference were alright at best, there was nothing that was amazing. I think the best thing they showed was probably metal gear solid, but other games like Ryse just looked like horrible gameplay. You want to talk about good games than check out the partnership between PS4 and Rocksteady with the new Batman game coming out. Then there's The Order which was an awesome trailer that used the game's engine to make it. Xbox had that awesome Halo trailer, but that wasn't even game footage, so it's probably going to be the same shit. The Last of Us, which made me want to get a PS3 was great. Infamous Second Son, another PS4 exclusive was another game to add to that. Outside of the big hits PS4 just announced a slew of indie games that are going to be exclusive to it.

Xbox and PS are going to have the same games essentially and that includes Fifa, so as far as games go PS4 has the better exclusives IMO.

PS4 has Batman, wippdy doo.

Dead Rising 3
Ryse (looks quite good)
Project Spark

All better than any of the crap games PS4 shown. Infamous looks like another Prototype with even worse graphics on a next gen console lmao.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I just want to play my games. This crap is too complicated! :angry: :upset:

Certain franchises are only on the xbox (Halo, Gears of War & Fable for example) whilst some are only on the playstation (Infamous, Killzone and Little Big Planet for example). Most Triple A games like Assassin's Creed, Batman, Call of Duty, Battlefield and such are going to be on both.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Get a gamecube then senorita.
lol I already have one :pity:

I love my xbox360... It just makes me mad that XboxOne has too much bs. It sounds amazing but the cons are outweighing the pros right now. And I simply don't like PS controllers.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane