The Crowd In The iMPACT! Zone

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Meh TNA can't help who the fans like..I mean its not there fault now is it..

I mean at the local wrestling I cheer mostly the faces but one heel team I like and cheer for them..but see they don't try and get me to hate them..see they use me to get more heat...there like I guess this kid is the only smart person in all of Middle Ga.

Reaction score
good point. i cant really think of any other solution tho because i dont think it would be smart to go completely away from the face/heel roles.

I think it is. Characters do need certain personality traits so we know where they are but face and heel has been evolving for a long time now. It reached a dead end 6-7 years ago and needs to be tweaked.

dc412

Reaction score
I think it is. Characters do need certain personality traits so we know where they are but face and heel has been evolving for a long time now. It reached a dead end 6-7 years ago and needs to be tweaked.

that is very true and like i said before i agree with you that i like how the fans cheer for who they want i was just coming up with ideas for the folks who see this as a problem. you will come to see that a lot of my favorite wrstlers are heel example: kurt angle & beer money.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I think this adds to TNA's problem. As you guys have said, if you're a causual fan and you tune in, you'll see someone kicking the shit out a woman...and the guy's getting cheered. But when you tune into other promotions, you'd see that working getting tons of heat....I think it hurts the product and takes away from the heel's character.
To be fair, I don't think any one of us wanted anything less than to see Payton Banks get her ass kicked. That's just her being a heel, not because we love Booker T so much.

A casual fan would be confused, and a person just turning on wrestling for the first time would be confused as hell. But the way I see it, if a person is impressed by the in-ring abilities of the superstars, he'll still try to catch the program whenever he can and try to piece together what's going on. When I first started watching wrestling I didn't know what the hell anything was. But I also saw London and Kendrick doing things I didn't know the human body was capable of doing, so I continued to watch and I picked up on everything pretty quickly.

So basically, if a person doesn't have a long enough attention span to try to figure out what's going on, he isn't worth catering to, since even if he DID know what was happening he'd still probably change the channel eventually. If a person is the type to actually try to get what's going on, he'll be a dedicated fan and he'll be the type to spend money. Don't change what your fans love in order to attract people who can't be bothered to learn anything. Be more concerned about keeping the fans you already have.

Reaction score
Can someone really define what a casual fan is? All wrestling fans I know are self-aware and very conscious of certain terms and definitions. If you refer to people switching channels, then it won't matter what they're looking at since there's a 98% chance they'll tune out.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
There was one person that got booed out of the Impact Zone every week....Jeff Jarrett he had so much heat on him.

But I don't have a problem with the TNA crowd cheering for who they want, as I think matches are a lot more entertaining with crowd in it than, not being in it and booing some one during their entrance.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The crowd are almost as bad the WCW crowd were when WCW was dying. Having the crowd always cheering sounds terrible

What u want TNA to do about...Tell them not to cheer for someone...People cheer for who they want to cheer for....TNA can't help that.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is, if TNA could get bigger arenas like WWE has, we (the TV audience) wouldn't constantly be blasted by the crowd, and Tenay and West might actually shut up :shifty:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Don't you think thats a goal of theres

They can't just wake up one day and tour each and every week...WWE took awhile to get off the ground running...really TNA is moving faster...do you know how long it was before WWE had a weekly show broadcast over the nation and all that...from what I remember awhile..

TNA has been around 6 years WWWF WWF WWE w/e u wanna call it has been around many years...TNA will get better as the years go by.

Reaction score
Don't you think thats a goal of theres

They can't just wake up one day and tour each and every week...WWE took awhile to get off the ground running...really TNA is moving faster...do you know how long it was before WWE had a weekly show broadcast over the nation and all that...from what I remember awhile..

TNA has been around 6 years WWWF WWF WWE w/e u wanna call it has been around many years...TNA will get better as the years go by.

WWHHH in on the road for 300 days a year. Too much. That's why Angle and Cage are there. It's not the only reason but it must've been a big one.

I love the small crowds. The people that are there are always energetic and makes each match feel bigger than they might intend to be. They're always cheering or booing someone. This isn't 20,000 people waiting for something to happen.

Marvel26

Reaction score
I think there are a few factors which affect the crowds reactions:

[1] Like I said before, that fact that JB comes out before each broadcast and tells fans that whoever is loudest gets backstage passes

[2] TNA have people employed to pump up the crowd. I noticed that when So Cal Val was the ring girl, she would get the chants going for both opponents. They now have different girls still doing the same thing

[3] The crowd are probably not all big wrestling fans. They get into the iMPACT zone with the purchase of a Universal Studios pass. That means that people will go there because it is included in the price. This then plays a deciding role on the other two points I just stated.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the fans, they cheer for who they want, but I don't think it affects the broadcast that much. but the arena itself is gettting kind of boring. With the fake locker rooms and the backstage segments, it just doesn't look like it can be taken seriously.