The Christmas Discussion Thread - 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah, thats true. Just wondering why it was on the 24th in Sweden. Maybe @Stopspot knows?
The decision to celebrate the birth of Christ on the 25th instead of the 24th was taken by the church back in 300 AD. The Scandinavic and Northern European countries said "fuck that, we have a good thing going that also fits in with our old pre-Christ traditions" and stuck to the old school method.

The move to the 25th was a result of the religious upheaval that was happening in the Christian community at the time. But the northern countries already had well established pagan traditions that fit in with the 24th so we decided to stick to that.

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
The decision to celebrate the birth of Christ on the 25th instead of the 24th was taken by the church back in 300 AD. The Scandinavic and Northern European countries said "fuck that, we have a good thing going that also fits in with our old pre-Christ traditions" and stuck to the old school method.

The move to the 25th was a result of the religious upheaval that was happening in the Christian community at the time. But the northern countries already had well established pagan traditions that fit in with the 24th so we decided to stick to that.
:obama: Thanks

Stopspot

Reaction score
Granted no country in the world celebrates the birth of Christ on the right day. Since Jesus was brn in March-April according to science.

And in Sweden it is more a cultural thing rather than religious generally.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Granted no country in the world celebrates the birth of Christ on the right day. Since Jesus was brn in March-April according to science.

And in Sweden it is more a cultural thing rather than religious generally.
The birth of Christ is just the excuse they use for the holiday IMO. I tend to think the holiday was created in the shittiest part of the year to help boost people's mood, but that's my own view on it and it's not based on any facts.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Anywho, me and my roommates are going to go and see our friend in the hospital on Christmas day. He was diagnosed with leukemia last week and will be going through treatments for 3 weeks. Hoping to lift his spirits a bit.

My family is getting together on the 23rd, because apparently they all had better shit to do on X-Mas day. Doesn't really make a shits bit of difference to me.

I didn't get anyone shit, sans my roommate who is in the hospital, I got him a few books and other things he can use plus I'm giving him my old chromebook. Sounds shitty, but he has had his eye on it (his old laptop is trash) and I am getting a new laptop for X Mas.

The one nice perk to being broke is nobody expects me to buy them shit.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Anywho, me and my roommates are going to go and see our friend in the hospital on Christmas day. He was diagnosed with leukemia last week and will be going through treatments for 3 weeks. Hoping to lift his spirits a bit.

I didn't get anyone shit, sans my roommate who is in the hospital, I got him a few books and other things he can use plus I'm giving him my old chromebook. Sounds shitty, but he has had his eye on it (his old laptop is trash) and I am getting a new laptop for X Mas.

I think that sounds really nice man. Good for you D'Z

Stopspot

Reaction score
The birth of Christ is just the excuse they use for the holiday IMO. I tend to think the holiday was created in the shittiest part of the year to help boost people's mood, but that's my own view on it and it's not based on any facts.
The old pagan tradition up here is a celebration of the days getting longer. Winter solstice. So you're not far off with that thesis of yours.

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
"I don't celebrate Christmas, or as I call it.. White Anglo Saxon Winter Privilege Night." - Schmidt

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh yeah? "8 days of Hanukkah does not match up to one day of Christmas." - Lewis Black

:dawg:

I'm actually half & half, I've done a lot of things from both Christianity and Judaism aspects so I don't really have a preference I was just watching that episode of 'New Girl' when I happened to be browsing this thread.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
can anyone give me idea's for a gift for my 16 year old sister

Thanks