the BTB section needs help

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
In my free time, I may try to drop some reviews. I think that'd be good for all of us because when I decide to come back (which will be eventually, probably) then you'll owe me. lol

The Leviathan

Reaction score
yeah, I think one of the best things to make this active is try to review other shows/BTB's.

-TJ-

^LOL

Anyways if a mod is to be chosen, it's gonna be CT. No doubt about that. Let us see how Chuck's thinking process helps out this section. (CoughTJCough) :shifty:

Qwake

Ohh fuck, here we go, now its time for everybody to ask/want mod spots because there is no current mod. Maybe if there were more reviewers and more activity in the section the place would deserve a fulltime mod, but I don't see the need to find a mod who is active in this section to keep it under control because seriously, there isn't enough activity for the place to need to be kept under control. Once the section picks up which it should hopefully soon, then maybe there will be a need for a mod.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Putting a mod to the BTB section is like giving a man duties to monitor a hole in the ground, making sure to even out the hole every month or two to make sure that it doesn't get buried in dirt again.

If there were a mod, he would be no better than TBKB posting once a month as is. Nobody causes trouble in the section, reviews are not inflammatory or derogatory, and BTBers put up their own shows on their own time. There is no need for a mod. Unless of course this mod were to actually FAITHFULLY post ideas for tournaments/contests/monthly rewards without saying "Hey guys I got this great idea" and then six months later "Still working on it guys!"

seX-Power

I say Gards for mod. That way we wouldn't need to worry about any good ideas failing, or any good ideas at all for that matter!

Moonlight Drive

I'd say my input was probably the best. If everyone stopped acting like the section was going to be finished tomorrow and just continued on with their BTBing like normal, we wouldn't have any of these annoying threads.

Tournaments will fail, I've never seen a tournament run to completion while here (one partly because of me :eek:, but nonetheless) and someone please explain how writing something other than your BTB would help activity in the BTB section. In actual fact, people would just post shows and reviews at a much slower rate because they're doing stuff for tournaments, which lowers activity.

All we can do is continue as usual, like I said.

Oh and btw, I did kind of have one idea but I have a bizarre feeling noone will go along. Basically, with every review that is posted, the reviewer leaves a score out of 10. At the end of the week bookers PM each score to omeone, it's averaged, and theres our Power 15/10/15/20.

That is all.

Moonlight Drive

I have a feeling it would 'catch on' so to speak, but eventually interest would dwindle unless the bookers took the time to send a PM every week.

seX-Power

It wouldn't work imo. We wouldn't want Zarhan and Co. giving each other's shows 9.95/10 each time, and I think personal bias would get in the way. For example, I think 90% of the forum would give Andrew's latest show a 9/10 because of who he is but I saw CT gave it a 6/10, which may be closer to the actual quality of the show.

CT Styles

The PMing wouldn't do. A moderator or Power 10 counter would collect the scores.

Qwake

I quite like Moonlights idea.

For the Record, I gave Andrew's latest show a 7, so yeah.