the BTB section needs help

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

the BTB section isn't as active as it used to be, not many people are reviewing anymore and it just isn't the same section that it was a year ago. Is there any way we can fix this? We can't let this section die, how can we keep it alive?

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I think the return of you, Walker and Levi is a good sign of things picking up. My best idea is to spread the word, I think we all frequent other sites and this is a great alternative to many bookers. Let the word out.

I know personally, I haven't had the time lately and have let down some people (CT Styles, PunkBitch) on returning reviews but I will make it up. I think also we have an older crowd here then most sites so BTB isn't important to many people here as we have more important things in life to do.

I think right now the BTB section is alright, but a lot of us need to do more review wise. If people look we have a decent number of active BTBS with the returns of those three. I think with them we have 10-15 active threads which is like double we had only a month ago.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I know when I posted episode 16 of Aftershock I reviewed a bunch of shows like at least 8 or something around the same time and it's been almost a month with no reviews for Aftershock and I try to check out at least one show per day if possible. But yeah like Laurinitis said spread the word to other websites that have BTB sections.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'd be doing another BTB as well, but everytime I try I get pretty well shut down with negative feedbacks. Not saying thats anyones fault in particular but I don't think my writing is so crappy in particular that if your going to take the time to review it that you can't find a single thing good to say about it. *see my latest attempt with Gards Jr*. I don't need to hear that being comedic in parts was the reason, people should be more open minded about the style of other BTB's instead of expecting them to be all uber serious 50 page monster shows.

EDIT: Of course I could always start writing another show so long as I have the expectation that nobody review my show. lol. Because I'd rather help out the section and have people just let me do my own storylines without crapping all over them. lol. Sounds like a fair trade off to me: I write shows, and you don't bother reading them so you don't have to give crappy feedback. Deal?

-TJ-

Well I used to have this problem, that if no one reviewed my show, i would cave in. But thank god I'm over it :) I try my best to review all btb shows every week and hope to get that in return. But, meh, people will start paying attention to my btb when it's still around three months from now.

The return of you, ultimately being overshadowed by Levi and andrew (I feel sorry for you :) ) Will also help the section. We just gotta work on keeping this as active as possible and soon we will get fresh blood. :)

CT Styles

I personally think there should be a moderator to enforce rules, etc. as there are more BTBs becoming active, as well as people just accepting that the section's in a quiet period. There's not much else we can do.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I personally think there should be a moderator to enforce rules, etc. as there are more BTBs becoming active, as well as people just accepting that the section's in a quiet period. There's not much else we can do.

I messaged Chuck to ask for someone to police BTB. Lets just hope he doesn't think I want the job...

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
if gards becomes mod i quit lol. i think with levi returning and chess as well, we might see some older faces pop in and the section start to buzz. *sits and waits for some "genius" to suggest a tournament to bring activity back to the section*

y2j__legend

Reaction score
I think we can bring activity to the secton with a tournament, I know there's been alot but this one won't fail :shifty:.

Anyways, I agree with Pat and that we should stop whining, I know I haven't been too active but I have a reason, and with holidays tomorrow (wewt~!) I should be active again. On the other hand, Pat, maybe you shouldn't have a one time appearance and come back :D. And Gards, I'll quit permanently if you become Mod, I'm just saying. That is all :p.

seX-Power

the BTB section isn't as active as it used to be, not many people are reviewing anymore and it just isn't the same section that it was a year ago. Is there any way we can fix this? We can't let this section die, how can we keep it alive?

By giving as much as we take from the section. I'm not saying a strict review for review policy as that would suck but just people (including me) need to step it up with giving back to the section.

I think the return of you, Walker and Levi is a good sign of things picking up. My best idea is to spread the word, I think we all frequent other sites and this is a great alternative to many bookers. Let the word out.

I know personally, I haven't had the time lately and have let down some people (CT Styles, PunkBitch) on returning reviews but I will make it up. I think also we have an older crowd here then most sites so BTB isn't important to many people here as we have more important things in life to do.

I think right now the BTB section is alright, but a lot of us need to do more review wise. If people look we have a decent number of active BTBS with the returns of those three. I think with them we have 10-15 active threads which is like double we had only a month ago.

I'm surprised how much it's picked up in the last few weeks. We've had a heap of new BTBs in the last month or so (you, TJ) and some returns in the past week as well as the long running ones. The yearbook coming up should also help and I think we're underrating the section as it is.

I know when I posted episode 16 of Aftershock I reviewed a bunch of shows like at least 8 or something around the same time and it's been almost a month with no reviews for Aftershock and I try to check out at least one show per day if possible. But yeah like Laurinitis said spread the word to other websites that have BTB sections.

Oh shit. I remember you giving me an awesome review for my PPV and then not giving back. I'll try and get one done asap, but tbh I didn't know you had a show posted.

Well I used to have this problem, that if no one reviewed my show, i would cave in. But thank god I'm over it :)

I had this problem as well and I'm getting over it now. I'm cutting down on my obsessive compulsive nagging (but not joke nagging) thanks to Cris and I'm kind of over obsessing over how many reviews I get.

Quitting whinging would help tbh.

How?

Yes. Mod. You.

I think we can bring activity to the secton with a tournament, I know there's been alot but this one won't fail :shifty:.

Anyways, I agree with Pat and that we should stop whining, I know I haven't been too active but I have a reason, and with holidays tomorrow (wewt~!) I should be active again. On the other hand, Pat, maybe you shouldn't have a one time appearance and come back :D. And Gards, I'll quit permanently if you become Mod, I'm just saying. That is all :p.

Maybe we could incorporate a tournament into the yearbook?

CT Styles

It's all been said and done before. I'd hate to think how many times it's been tried or proposed. People lose interest.