The best Movie in your opinion , which no one agrees on .

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lost In Translation is the ultimate marmite movie.

Some critics swear by it, others think it's a turd with a cheap ending.

The ending is beautiful, even if people don't like the film itself I can't really see how they would think the ending is cheap. For me it is a very charming film, with a sweet central realtionship.

Disagree with you about 127 Hours Pete I was a big fan, it is Franco's best performance by far (and not an easy one to pull off for obverous reasons), there was never going to be much substance to the story because it is a simple story about a cocky slacker, who slowly changes over the couse of the film due to a tragic inccident. The depth of the film is what plays out in his mind during that period, but really it is the acting, visuals and soundtrack which make the film.

The Beach is my least favourite Boyle film, but I am with you on Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, with A Life Less Ordinary being his most underrated.

Pete

Reaction score
I have yet to see A Life Less Ordinary and Sunshine (is that what it's called?)

I liked James Franco in 127 Hours, just thought the movie went for style over substance a bit too much. It felt like Boyle saying "look at THIS trick! Aren't I clever?" instead of telling his usual solid unshowy stories.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Maybe but I feel his use of visuals was needed to get across the pysciogy of the story. Sunshine is solid, but still a lesser Boyle for me.