The Benoit Family Tragedy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant One

Reaction score
The thing is its hard not to think about the "wrestler" Chris and not think about the "murderer" Chris. I'll try to respect him for what he has done for the business and for 20+ years of busting his ass, but its shame in so many people's eyes in the last 72 hours its been erased.

The Legend

Reaction score
Such sad news..... it was a shock when i got the news... my thoughts go out to the family and friends of Benoit.

HustlerRS

Reaction score
Yeah, remove all the dedication, pride, and blood he spilled for WWE. Are you fucking stupid? Seriously, I'm tired of you blueberries saying he deserves no respect and 'his legacy his dead', etc. The fact remains he was one of the, if not the BEST DAMN WRESTLER of all time, so fuck off, he deserves respect for everything he's done for the WWE. Wrestling was his LIFE and you saw it through every match he had, no one showed the passion in their patches like Benoit did... NO ONE. For that, he needs to be always remember. Maybe, just maybe he was a murderer... but did he single handedly change the world of wrestling? Yes.

Say what you will, Benoit could be great at something and still a psychopath. It does not mean he deserves credit for his skill, he deserves scolding for turning out to be a shitty person. Wrestling is a testament to nothing for someone who has just murdered his family. If you still have any semblance of respect for a man who murdered his 7-year-old innocent child, you have a problem yourself.

HustlerRS

Reaction score
Wrestlezone reports:

While updating their coverage of the Benoit family tragedy, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution has posted a report that Nancy Benoit filed for divorce and an order of protection from Chris Benoit in May 2003. Nancy Benoit alleged in the divorce petition that Chris, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child." This prompted the judge to issue a restraining order on Chris Benoit from entering their family home. In August 2003, his wife Nancy requested that the petition be dismissed. The couple later reconciled and celebrated Benoit’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship win at WrestleMania 20 in the ring together.

News conference notes from Fayetteville, GA:

- Lt. Pope: WWE called police officials at 2:30PM on Monday over concern for Benoit’s well being. Police found all three bodies in the home. “Double Homicide Suicide” is the official ruling.

- It appears Benoit killed his wife on Friday, his son shortly after, and likely hanged himself either late Saturday night or early Sunday.

- No suicide note was left behind.

- Asphyxiation is the official ruling for Benoit’s wife and son deaths.

- Benoit was previously arrested for a DUI.

- A lot of prescription medication was found in the home, legal prescriptions.

- Police found anabolic steroids in the home.

- No comment from police regarding a possible motivation.

- He killed himself several hours, but no more than a day, after killing son Daniel.

- Police is unaware of prior domestic violence.

- District Attorney Scott Ballard stated that a Bible was placed near each murder victim.

- Benoit bond Nancy’s hands and feet and she was wrapped in a towel. Blood was found near Nancy’s body.

- In 2003, a temporary restraining order was sought but later dropped.

- Benoit made no attempt to hide the bodies.

- The DA himself has not heard from WWE.

- Daniel was found in an upstairs bedroom. Benoit’s wife was also found in an upstairs family room, and Benoit hung himself in the weight room in the basement.

- The toxicology reports are still pending. It will probably take more than two weeks for the reports to be finished.

- Benoit apparently called WWE stating that Daniel was coughing up blood, thus likely the “personal reasons” for missing weekend house shows.

LKP

Yea i saw this on sky sports news. Such a shame benoit would do this, Why would he kill his family? Looks like we all didnt know the real chris benoit.

Great One

Steroids were found..? Could have been roid rage then like I called it before.

herby247

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great One
Yeah, remove all the dedication, pride, and blood he spilled for WWE. Are you fucking stupid? Seriously, I'm tired of you blueberries saying he deserves no respect and 'his legacy his dead', etc. The fact remains he was one of the, if not the BEST DAMN WRESTLER of all time, so fuck off, he deserves respect for everything he's done for the WWE. Wrestling was his LIFE and you saw it through every match he had, no one showed the passion in their patches like Benoit did... NO ONE. For that, he needs to be always remember. Maybe, just maybe he was a murderer... but did he single handedly change the world of wrestling? Yes.

Say what you will, Benoit could be great at something and still a psychopath. It does not mean he deserves credit for his skill, he deserves scolding for turning out to be a shitty person. Wrestling is a testament to nothing for someone who has just murdered his family. If you still have any semblance of respect for a man who murdered his 7-year-old innocent child, you have a problem yourself.

Hustler you have this one EXACLTY 100% correct!

I am SICK reading how great Chris Beniot was and disgusted by the propaganda flag the wwe is flying for him and his greatness!

FUCK ALL THAT HE HAS DONE BEFORE!!

He has MURDERED a woman and a child, HIS OWN WIFE AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HIS 7 YEAR OLD CHILD!

Its very easy to see the wwe rose tinted glasses look at his career, but the real life away from WWE land is DRASTICALLY different.

So i am sorry if this guy was a hero in you eyes and still is, taking a womans life is abysmal, taking a CHILDS life is unforgivable!!!!

Rot in Hell you piece of shit, Chris Beniot, you deserve ZERO respect EVER!

LKP

I agree with the above post but we dont know what he was going through or how hard it was. We wont know the whole full story casue benoit is dead. I lost repsect for him now but i still admire his wwe work.

ipeeontheseat

Reaction score
So basically, If Anna Nicole Smith's death and OJ Simpson's double homicide had a baby, it would produce this. Currently no one wants to admit how they died, who did it, and it's slowly tearing the world apart. Tearing it apart like a newspaper in a bathroom stall that's lacking toilet paper. I mean come on ITS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT HE KILLED HIS SON!!!!

R.I.P. Nancy and Daniel. That's all I say.

Reaction score
the simple fact of the matter now is that he most likely did commit this awful crime.....his in ring legacy will stand the test of time.....his personal life and his legacy outside the ring has been lost due to what he did this weekend....I'll continue respecting his in ring legacy.....I have lost all respect for Chris the Man....

RIP Daniel and Nancy Benoit

Damomad

Reaction score
Benoit was without doubt a superb athlete and one of the greatest pro wrestlers ever to have stepped inside a ring. And I don't think many people would dispute this fact.

However, there is no way in hell that anybody can defend the murder of a 7-year old child. You can't blame steroids, you can't blame hard-times or deaths of friends, you can't blame depression. Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers in the WWE, and I'm not afraid to admit it but at the end of the day he's a murderer.

The thought of man the size of Benoit suffocating a 7 year old child is just unbearable. A lot of people should show some respect to the real victims of this tragedy (the family of the Benoit's and the young kids who will be scarred for life by the crimes committed by one of their wrestling heroes) and stop glorifying his life.

Daniel and Nancy Benoit RIP

DeathLock

Reaction score
Ive watched him wrestle for more than a decade, come to like and respect the man, and then he turns out to be a murderer, im still in shock.
I agree with Damomad and gunslinger, yes he was a great wrestler, but its impossible to respect a man when he has done something like this.

ipeeontheseat

Reaction score
I'm still in shock too. Hey speaking of choking and what not, Jack In The Box has a special going on!

200px-JackInTheBoxLogo.svg.png

Jack In The Box. Where the foods at.