THE AGE OF AWESOMENESS HAS STARTED!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Anyone else as stoked about this as I am??! Hot damn was that AWESOMMEEEE!!! Called that shit over a year and a half ago. Fuckin awesome, they even made him look like he was going to lose for a moment. Rant. Rave. Praise a champion who is NOT BORING like Randy Borton.

Reaction score
I think it sucks, to be quite honest. I don't see why the entire IWC is on Miz's junk. I have NEVER been a fan of his. He's improved in the ring from his Tough Enough days, yes, but I've said from the beginning, he hasn't improved NEARLY enough in the time that's he's been with the WWE. His mic skills have always been up there as far as getting heat from the fans goes, but I really don't think that he can handle a run as world champion.

We'll see, I guess. But as I've said from the very beginning:

FUCK MIZ AND THE WHORE HE RODE IN ON!

That whore being MTV.

Reaction score
I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but you're terribly wrong to say he hasn't improved by leaps and bounds. Compare him to 2008 Miz and he's easily the most improved wrestler on the roster. He held his own against Dragon in a fantastic match when he dropped the US strap to him, has added a nice, slow-the-pace-down mat style and his facials are amongst the best. He has added this serious edge over the past six months and it translates nicely in the ring. I completely disagree with your assessment, he is in a far better position to be champ than Sheamus was when he won his first strap and definitely better than Swagger and Punk during their initial reigns. He has been booked perfectly and he had so much heat it's not even funny, did you not see the kids crying and the mush faces in the crowd. This man has the IT like no one the E has pushed in the past 5 years.

Reaction score
That last bits a fast assumption, imo. I'm all for the Miz as a World Champion, well not so much this run, but I'm not going to bash his in-ring skills or mic skills. I LOVE his mic skills, some of the best - if not the best at the moment. His in-ring is nothing fancy, though it's nothing that will hinder his World Championship reign.

What's going to hinder his championship reign is that he won it with MiTB. I think the only people the MiTB Title reign has worked for thus far is RVD and Punk (his first, not his second). RVD's first title reign only worked cause he'd been around for YEARS! He just felt like he could slip up into the lower ranks of the ME status. Punk is the same, he just managed to slip into the ranks there enough for me to kind of believe it. Everyone else, it hasn't done anything for. Hear me out - I mean the first title reign. Edge has since gone on to do GREAT things, but his first title reign didn't do shit. Mostly cause he lost shortly after to Cena, but still. This first title reign I think will suck. The Miz will not be fully believalbe as a champion, BUT it will help him win future championships.

When this is all said and done The Miz will be the kind of guy that can be put into a title match with good cause. This first reign will suck I think, but it will be entertaining to watch - with his mic skills.

Reaction score
My biggest problem with Miz isn't even Miz himself, it's Michael Cole being unable to pry his mouth from Miz's nutsack. His commentary during any match with Miz involved is even more dreadful than usual. Being a heel commentator is one thing, but Cole just has this unnatural man-love towards the guy, but other than that he's pretty much a face commentator. Does that make sense? No way, not if you ask me.

Montana

Reaction score
I have mixed feeling on this.

Pro's

- Miz is a great character, with incredible mic skills who could have potential of being a franchise type of guy for the company.

- His Improvements have been by leaps and bounds, so who knows how good he will be in 3 years or so.

- More entertaining TV

Con's

- He's been a mid-card wrestler his whole career, and they pretty much just threw the belt on him.

- It didn't feel like that "special" of a moment when he won the belt.

- I'd be very surprised if he held onto the belt until wrestlemania.

- Will the Miz be a draw for PPV buys as champ, since he's mostly been a mid card kinda guy like shaemus?

So long story short, he has potential to be a real good champ, however this title reign feels jinx'd with Mania a few months down the road. I think they could have set him up a little better against main event level talent before winning the belt as well. I almost don't like how the WWE uses MITB to give guys a "cheap" first title win. (Swagger, Punk) If a guy wins the championship for the first time, there shouldn't be anything cheap about it. I feel, even if they are a heel.

Better than Orton? I don't know, it seems like the Orton Express was really starting to roll, and they kicked the steam out of it. I do like longer title reign's so i'm not in favor of this title change, but i do think Miz could be a good champ in 2011.

pumpt73

Reaction score
To be honest, and some know this, I vehemently hated Mizanin. But, he has grown on me, allbeit like a fungus, but he's grown on me. Miz knows how to draw heat. He reminds me of the male version of Vicky. Vicky can say 2 words and the crowd eats up the booing on her. Miz is the same way. His character has developed well and to be honest, I figured Morrison would have gotten there first, but he's just been on this medioric rise over the last year. He did well to help get Danielson over by dropping the US Title to him. To hate the guy is to love the guy. That's what Mizanin is. The guy you absolutely love to hate. In interviews that I've seen with him when he's not in character, I've been impressed with his demeanor and how he generally comes off towards the business. With WWE's revolving door of talent, they have to get some new blood to the title. One thing I will say is at least WWE did it right with Miz. They brought him along in the molds of Hart and Michaels by starting him out as a tag champion, moving him onto a secondary, then giving him the World. This I can respect. I don't like it when guys come in and after 6 months they're putting a major championship on them. Miz may not last long as champion, but I can assure you, this won't be his only run as champ.

McFly...

Reaction score
When I saw that Riley took his place I had a feeling that something was going to happen yesterday night. The guy came in green as he can be, wrestlers like JBL shitted on him, if you said in 2006 that he was going to be a WWE Champion I would of spit out whatever I was drinking. But he is a champion now and I respect him for all the criticism that he went through for this very night. He's officially in the Main event. I just have to see what he does now.

Reaction score
I was actually on the edge of my seat watching that. It pretty much had to happen. With Cena on hiatus they had to do something to make the WWE championship picture new and interesting.

Now does Miz have enough moxie to headline Wrestlemania?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Guess who's back. Yeah, I've been away for a while, but when I saw this abortion....urr....booking error, I had to comment. The Miz is a jobber who can talk, plain and simple. He's NOT special other than the fact that he's annoying. Yeah, he's really good at pissing the fans off, but so is Cole, should we throw the title on him too? He's probably got the workrate of Miz and he's been in the business longer.

Here's the bottom line, Miz winning the title is as bad as David Arquette or Vince McMahon getting it. This angle reminds me of Katie Vick and Mae Young giving birth to a hand because it makes me want to puke!

pumpt73

Reaction score
In this day and age of WWE using titles almost as a prop, would you expect anything less from them??? Saying Cole pisses off fans has no bearing. We could say that about a lot of commentators from the past. Should we throw Cole in the ring??? I don't know, is he a trained wrestler?? Look, Im not saying Miz is anything special, because he's not. Personally I think WWE is a complete joke anymore anyways. Did nobody not expect this??? Correct me if Im wrong but hasn't every competitor, err, entertainment superstar, who's cashed in, won a championship??? It was only a matter of time before it happened. Whether you like the guy or not, and whether you agree or disagree with his title win, Miz is the champion right now, and he'll more than likely win it another time or two.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Actually it does, because it's the one thing Miz is good at, and it's THE REASON he's gotten over. Just because a guy is annoying, which is all he is, is not a reason to throw the belt on him. There is no "it" factor. With the TRUE champions of the WWE and in wrestling, there was an "it" factor. I'm not saying he can't grow into it, but right now, he doesn't have it and he flat out sucks. Let's compare the greats, or even GOODS to hold the title....Ric Flair, Bret Hart, HBK, Austin, Edge, Foley, Jeff Hardy.....Miz? Give me a fucking break!! This guy, at present, is a JOKE!

pumpt73

Reaction score
Ok I'll give you a break Kaedon. I don't disagree with you one bit. What we have to remember is today's WWE fan is not guys like you and me. Im 32. Im not their target. Their target is 6-12 year olds with parents that spend money on merchandise. Miz's merchandise sells. He's the guy you love to hate. The fans who want to sit and watch a wrestling match with no frills and bs, will rarely find it in WWE these days. Being WWE champion isn't about the "IT" factor anymore. Winning the WWE championship isn't about the guy who's the best wrestler anymore. It's about selling merchandise. It's about giving guys chances and seeing if they can run with it. Swagger, Seamus, and now Miz. Granted Swagger was WHC, but you get what I mean. WWE doesn't really present it's product as a wrestling show anymore anyways. It, at least to me, is presented like a television drama series, aka soap opera. It really has become that with less outstanding wrestling matches than we used to see. I think Southpark nailed WWE the best. I wouldn't worry, he won't be champion for long, and there's no way he headlines Wrestlemania. He's got a long way to go before he does that.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Just my general thoughts on the title win:

I fuckin' marked out!! For the first time in years I genuinely marked the fuck out like a bitch lol. I will be honest, I wasn not expecting the Miz to cash in on RAW, I was kind of expecting it to be at a PPV. The moment The Miz's music hit my jaw dropped, which is something I feel the WWE needs more of, suprise. I was not expecting that at all. Which makes moments like these 100% better imo. I will be honest though, throughout the 'match' between Orton and Miz I was half expecting The Miz to fail cashing in just to see how the WWE would book it and how he would be able to recover (which I am positive he could). In terms of sheer suprise this might be the most I had marked out since Edge's fisrt MITB cash in.

However, I dont see this run lasting long, I could realistically see him dropping it somewhere between the Royal Rumble and Mania, because I am not 100% sure if the WWE would trust him being a Wrestlemania headliner quite yet, maybe in a big time match with perhaps a returning Cena or Triple H, but not a WWE title match at the big one.

The looks on the kids faces in the crowd when he won was fuckin' PRICELESS lol.

Reaction score
That's one good thing that came out of this whole "Miz as WWE Champion" thing: it's something that drives the little kiddie fans insane. They're a big part of what's ruined professional wrestling for me.