THE AGE OF AWESOMENESS HAS STARTED!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. He won via CLEAN (kinda, even though Orton was "hurt") pin.

I'm excited as hell, but I kinda think it may be an "Edge Reign" (meaning 30 days or less-transitional)

...god...

Reaction score
LMAO AT THIS THREAD. You people can't be that oblivious to how good this guy is? Someone called Miz a jobber? LOL, there's absolutely not one person in professional wrestling right now that's as good as him on the mic. Go ahead and name em, no one is in his league when it comes on the mic. No one can dictate the crowd like he can, I bet you he could instantly turn face within a fucking month. He's nothing like Vickie. Vickie couldn't turn face because she's just an annoying bitch, Miz is fucking amazing and gets cheered in many areas because the crowd knows it. Finally, OH FINALLY, a new star truly hands down deserving has won the fucking title. Sadly, no one around him is even in his league since Punk is on commentary and Jericho is out, so the feuds won't be as good as they could. Oh yeah, fuck it, I'll post more. Where were all of you when JACK SWAGGER, the guy who was losing to Santino and a class A jobber in the cliche comedy skits on Raw, won the world heavyweight title? Where was all the jobber, nobody, no "it" factor talk. What about when Sheamus completely randomly won it? There's really VERY little differences in when Edge cashed in and won the title and now Miz. They were almost identically in the same part of the card. The only one thing I agree with is that it could have been more special, I think Cole shoulda just got up and jumped in the ring with him. It would have been even better at Wrestlemania, tbh. I could sit and quote everyone and refute their points, but the fact is, is that this is the one of the most talented wrestlers in the world right now, who has it all, the reasons I've seen for not liking him (because he was a 'jobber', because he's 'annoying', and because he has Cole) are among the stupidest, opinionated, blasphemous things to ever be written on a wrestling board, more so than the Cena can't wrestle train. Miz owns the crowd and can work a match, that is the truth and that is all that matters.

...god...

Reaction score
Like, were people actually satisfied with Randy Orton's reign? I mean I don't dislike him, he has a really good presence and expressions but how many good matches has he had since he's been in the WWE/main event. Has among one of the best finishing build-ups, but the rest of the match sucks and is boring. He's a decent character, but he's nothing over the top. Or do you want ANOTHER Cena title reign consisting of the same shit. Even Sheamus' reign was pretty bad, mainly because in my opinion, it's hard to buy a good like him as an entertaining champion since he isn't truly booked like a monster and he's kinda in the middle, he was actually developing more of a character and becoming pretty funny near the end of his last reign and the bits with Santino lately were gold. The Miz already HAS a fully developed character, who's been rampant on Raw in the most entertaining and over, heat-drawing segments for MONTHS, proving that he has all the tools to add something new to the main event scene like Edge did in 06 and Jericho in 08. The Miz has probably had the greatest transformation since Triple H in the late 90's. Miz has so much to offer to the WWE, I can't understand how people don't see it.

Reaction score
LMAO AT THIS THREAD. You people can't be that oblivious to how good this guy is? Someone called Miz a jobber? LOL, there's absolutely not one person in professional wrestling right now that's as good as him on the mic. Go ahead and name em, no one is in his league when it comes on the mic. No one can dictate the crowd like he can, I bet you he could instantly turn face within a fucking month. He's nothing like Vickie. Vickie couldn't turn face because she's just an annoying bitch, Miz is fucking amazing and gets cheered in many areas because the crowd knows it. Finally, OH FINALLY, a new star truly hands down deserving has won the fucking title. Sadly, no one around him is even in his league since Punk is on commentary and Jericho is out, so the feuds won't be as good as they could. Oh yeah, fuck it, I'll post more. Where were all of you when JACK SWAGGER, the guy who was losing to Santino and a class A jobber in the cliche comedy skits on Raw, won the world heavyweight title? Where was all the jobber, nobody, no "it" factor talk. What about when Sheamus completely randomly won it? There's really VERY little differences in when Edge cashed in and won the title and now Miz. They were almost identically in the same part of the card. The only one thing I agree with is that it could have been more special, I think Cole shoulda just got up and jumped in the ring with him. It would have been even better at Wrestlemania, tbh. I could sit and quote everyone and refute their points, but the fact is, is that this is the one of the most talented wrestlers in the world right now, who has it all, the reasons I've seen for not liking him (because he was a 'jobber', because he's 'annoying', and because he has Cole) are among the stupidest, opinionated, blasphemous things to ever be written on a wrestling board, more so than the Cena can't wrestle train. Miz owns the crowd and can work a match, that is the truth and that is all that matters.
I, for one was happy when Swagger won the belt. He had the skills to carry SmackDown for the time he was champ. Cole is really the biggest reason why I can't stand to watch the guy wrestle, but that's another story for another time.

One of the most talented wrestlers in the world? Oh give me a break! The guy is good at the very best. As far as his mic skills are concerned, he's got it down to a science, but you are giving him WAY too much credit as far as his in-ring skills. The guy can garner heat with the best of them, but he's not ready for the main event scene if he's got to be carried for a good portion of his matches.

...god...

Reaction score
Since when was he carried? If anything, Orton is the one who needs to be carried in matches. In Miz's matches with Danielson, he completely held his own and further proof is the epic triple threat him, Morrison, and Danielson had. And he IS one of the most talented wrestlers in the world, simply because what he can do with the crowd. His promo where he's walking backstage describing how he was treated when he first came to the WWE, fantastic--the promo at MSG, perfect, he had the most heat in the entire building that night.

Reaction score
Since when was he carried? If anything, Orton is the one who needs to be carried in matches. In Miz's matches with Danielson, he completely held his own and further proof is the epic triple threat him, Morrison, and Danielson had. And he IS one of the most talented wrestlers in the world, simply because what he can do with the crowd. His promo where he's walking backstage describing how he was treated when he first came to the WWE, fantastic--the promo at MSG, perfect, he had the most heat in the entire building that night.
I already admitted that the guy has got tremendous skill on the mic and at getting the people to hate him, he's very good at that. But the guy can barely, JUST BARELY hit his finisher cleanly (and that goes back to my point of he should have improved a lot more by now) and even when he does, it's more due to his opponent being able to sell the move well (see Kaval).

From what I saw, Danielson carried Miz for the majority of their matches despite Miz being the "veteran" in their feud. Granted, I could just dislike Miz so much that I'm simply poisoned against him, that could definitely be the case. But that's the way I saw it. To his credit, though, Miz had to carry Morrison during their tag team run, so he knows something about it as well.

Reaction score
If you're saying Danielson carried Miz, you either don't know what a carry job really is, are extremely biased against Miz, didn't see the match or a combination of the three and it's sounding a little like the latter.

...god...

Reaction score
Also not sure what you mean by hitting his finisher clean. Do you mean he botches it..? Because I've never ever seen him botch it once and I've watched every single Raw... which also draws me to another point that some people seriously must not even be watching Raw if they doubt Miz's talent. He has put on consistently great promos ALL year.

glucklich

Reaction score
I personally loved every moment of watching him win the title from Orton and was actually a bit angry when I thought for a second he was going to loose. In terms of working a crowd into a hate fueled frenzy there's no better heel active right now on RAW and I'd argue the WWE in general. A good heel needs the belt for variety right now and I believe they've done a great job of building The Miz towards that. Now we just have to see if he sinks or swims while being on top.

Reaction score
Also not sure what you mean by hitting his finisher clean. Do you mean he botches it..? Because I've never ever seen him botch it once and I've watched every single Raw... which also draws me to another point that some people seriously must not even be watching Raw if they doubt Miz's talent. He has put on consistently great promos ALL year.
Ok, I'm only going to say this one more time. NO ONE IS DOUBTING HIS MIC WORK! He hits his finisher, he definitely does, but at least up until a couple months ago, it looked really sloppy. And don't even get me STARTED on his old finisher, "The MIZard of Oz" I think. That was an absolute crap finisher that he hit cleanly maybe once. He was so bad at it that he dropped it from his arsenal altogether.

Reaction score
- He's been a mid-card wrestler his whole career, and they pretty much just threw the belt on him.

Have you not been paying attention to his push these past 5 months? They "just threw" the belt on Swagger and look how miserably that failed. They pushed Miz perfectly and they got Danielson a rub all in one. That's about as close as you get to perfect booking here in the states.

I, for one was happy when Swagger won the belt. He had the skills to carry SmackDown for the time he was champ. Cole is really the biggest reason why I can't stand to watch the guy wrestle, but that's another story for another time.

Wait, let me understand this. You don't like watching Miz wrestle because Cole is commentating? LMAO.
And you don't think Miz is ready but Swagger, Dhack Thwagger, was ready to carry a show that was missing stars? Swagger's promos are mediocre at best and his wrestling ability isn't any better, not to mention Santino is more over than Swagger has ever been. And he was ready to carry SD?? Miz got the perfect slow burn push to the point where he could of lost some steam if they didn't get that belt on him in time.

I'd go a little further, but the massive amount of butt hurt here shows how awesome a heel Miz is. And G1 basically ran a one man train on you haters.

Reaction score
Alright, alright, maybe I'm not giving the guy a fair shake. To be fair, I haven't watched a complete WWE show in months, so I haven't seen every single Miz match like some of you have. I'm just going on what I've seen, which ain't a lot in the grand scheme of things. I just can't bring myself to be happy with it. I'll just agree to disagree.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I think this .gif might need an updating again.

haters2.gif