The 84th Annual Academy Awards Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'd really like Drive to win this award just because I felt it kind of got snubbed for some of the bigger ones. Damn, Hugo again, so far its the big winner, but the major hardware still looks to be The Artist's to lose.

Swinny

Reaction score
Yeah, a bit unexpected I guess, but not all that surprising. I'm glad Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is winning something though because it was a good movie... just nothing we haven't seen before done pretty much exactly the same way. :tongue1:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Hugo is cleaning up. I hate at these award shows where one thing wins everything theyre nominated for. Like Adele winning everything and the Grammys and lady gaga winning everything at the Grammys a few years ago. It takes away from the fun

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Hugo again? Wow, though it should be getting the technical awards. Anything to stop that stupid Transformers movie from winning anything. :lol:

ViperRKO said:
Hugo is cleaning up. I hate at these award shows where one thing wins everything theyre nominated for. Like Adele winning everything and the Grammys and lady gaga winning everything at the Grammys a few years ago. It takes away from the fun

If it deserves the awards its alright, and Hugo certainly deserves this recognition. It was easily one of the best films of the year.

Swinny

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of Hugo every time, lol, but I really can't argue that it doesn't deserve these awards.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
CDS is performing? I didn't know that but I'm stoked for it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I've never seen Hugo. What is it about

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

An orphan tries to figure out a mystery left behind by his father would be about the most basic description, but it becomes so much more than that.

And holy fuck that Cirque du Soleil stuff was amazing. If you ever have a chance to see them live, take it, regardless of the show it is well worth the money.

Swinny

Reaction score

You probably haven't seen Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, but it's the same thing but cooler. :shifty: :tongue1:

"Set in 1930s Paris, an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton."

And that was all me and not IMDB, FYI. :shifty:

And the Cirque du Soleil shit was pretty boss.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You probably haven't seen Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, but it's the same thing but cooler. :shifty: :tongue1:

Do I detect a tinge of sarcasm there?

Just watched Undefeated two days ago, it was excellent, though I though Purgatory was quite good as well. Could have gone either way for me.

Swinny

Reaction score
Do I detect a tinge of sarcasm there?

Just watched Undefeated two days ago, it was excellent, though I though Purgatory was quite good as well. Could have gone either way for me.

Maybe a tinge, but the plots are eerily similar. :tongue1:

Haven't seen any of the documentaries. Really need to watch more documentaries.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Maybe a tinge, but the plots are eerily similar. :tongue1:

Haven't seen any of the documentaries. Really need to watch more documentaries.

Being Elmo was another really well done doc that didn't get nominated, well worth checking out. I do think the plots are similar, but ELAIC was pretty meh as far as I'm concerned.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This is Rango's to lose by about a mile.

EDIT: Not surprised it won at all, if you love old westerns you'll love the nods to them in it and Johnny Depp really did a remarkable job with the voice.

Swinny

Reaction score
Being Elmo was another really well done doc that didn't get nominated, well worth checking out. I do think the plots are similar, but ELAIC was pretty meh as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people said, but it wasn't great either.

I actually thought one of the two foreign movies might win this, haven't seen either of them though. Rango, Kung Fu Panda 2, or Puss in Boots didn't stand out to me as Oscar winners though. Time for Pixar to get back in gear and take this next year.