The 2016 Brand Split Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nakamura to Smackdown brehz :WOW

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
what i find hilarious is that Raw has the first overall pick (rigged af) and Since SmackDown Live is a two-hour show and Raw is three hours, for every two picks SmackDown Live receives, Raw will receive three picks :lmao

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Tbh that's fine. Raw needs to be able to fill its show some how. When I see that only 30 superstars and ten tag teams are available, I do wonder how wwe will fill up the time with so few superstars. Maybe more wrestling? I guess they'll bring back a few vets as well.

Anyway why is Undertaker not eligible? He's still a superstar.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
okay but what about Raw getting the first overall pick? not even a live coin flip shit i would take a pre-taped one. This is like when war games happen and they say the coin flipped backstage and what a surprise the heel time won the coin flip, all the time i can't remember the last time the heel team didn't get the coin flip?

Austin Bates

Reaction score
okay but what about Raw getting the first overall pick? not even a live coin flip shit i would take a pre-taped one. This is like when war games happen and they say the coin flipped backstage and what a surprise the heel time won the coin flip, all the time i can't remember the last time the heel team didn't get the coin flip?
Monday comes before Thursday. So they get the pick first. Raw was on TV before Smackdown. Hell, men in WWE are gentlemen so Steph gets "ladies first" treatment. Weak reasons but they're ideas.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Monday comes before Thursday. So they get the pick first. Raw was on TV before Smackdown. Hell, men in WWE are gentlemen so Steph gets "ladies first" treatment. Weak reasons but they're ideas.

if these are legit reasons that creative or Vince came up with, we're in more trouble than i originally thought

Austin Bates

Reaction score
if these are legit reasons that creative or Vince came up with, we're in more trouble than i originally thought
Haha they're not, as far as I know. I could buy the Raw before SD on the calendar though, makes as much sense as Raw getting 3 picks for 3 hours and SD getting 2 for 2 hours.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Haha they're not, as far as I know. I could buy the Raw before SD on the calendar though, makes as much sense as Raw getting 3 picks for 3 hours and SD getting 2 for 2 hours.

i have no problem with the 3 to 2 picks it whatever, Raw is 3 hours and they're not gonna lose money to cut it back to 2. Even though it's better for them, i get it. But Vince says he wants real competition on raw in his promo. I just want logic, in the reason why Raw gets number #1.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
i have no problem with the 3 to 2 picks it whatever, Raw is 3 hours and they're not gonna lose money to cut it back to 2. Even though it's better for them, i get it. But Vince says he wants real competition on raw in his promo. I just want logic, in the reason why Raw gets number #1.
I totally get your point. I just always assumed Raw was going to be first, I guess since it is more important. It would be a nice touch to have a competition for it though, or even just a coin flip. In the point of things being "fair "too it would make sense for SD to get the first pick since Raw is getting 3 picks. Oh well I guess though right? Maybe it'll be different the next time they draft.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I totally get your point. I just always assumed Raw was going to be first, I guess since it is more important. It would be a nice touch to have a competition for it though, or even just a coin flip. In the point of things being "fair "too it would make sense for SD to get the first pick since Raw is getting 3 picks. Oh well I guess though right? Maybe it'll be different the next time they draft.

same i really don't give a fuck who goes first, i just wanted something to show me why raw got the first overall pick. Shit i would have marked if steph would have pulled out the old two sided headed coin, and won showing how low she was really going to go in order to get one over on shane. But i guess that's just too much to ask in this make believe world or sport we love.

If they gave Raw #1 because it's raw and they still think it's the A show still. SD has already lost and this brand split is irreverent and a complete waste.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
same i really don't give a fuck who goes first, i just wanted something to show me why raw got the first overall pick. Shit i would have marked if steph would have pulled out the old two sided headed coin, and won showing how low she was really going to go in order to get one over on shane. But i guess that's just too much to ask in this make believe world or sport we love.

If they gave Raw #1 because it's raw and they still think it's the A show still. SD has already lost and this brand split is irreverent and a complete waste.
In terms of making it look like a real competition between two brands, it's probably not going to turn out looking like that.

But there could be other benefits that I guess we just gotta watch to see play out.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Knowing that teams are drafted together unless specified(which is kinda dumb) really takes away a lot of drama from the draft. Now there's really no concern on whether any teams are broken up because the sum is greater than all the parts when it comes to WWE tag teams
This was honestly the best decision I had heard all month. Splitting most of their tag teams last time ruined it.

WWE has a hard enough time maintaining one division, so splitting up tag teams when you have two is suicide.

ants

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused as to the 3 to 2 actually works.

Is it

RAW
SMACKDOWN
RAW
SMACKDOWN
RAW
Repeat?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm a bit confused as to the 3 to 2 actually works.

Is it

RAW
SMACKDOWN
RAW
SMACKDOWN
RAW
Repeat?
They're either going to get 3 and 2 picks at a wack or it'll be:

Raw
SmackDown
Raw
SmackDown
Raw
Raw (third pick)
SmackDown (repeat)

ants

Reaction score
Raw
Male Singles (20)
Seth Rollins
Finn Balor
Roman Reigns
Brock Lesnar
Sami Zayn
Chris Jericho
Rusev w/Lana
Kevin Owens
Big Show
Neville
Cesaro
Sheamus
Titus O'Neill
Darren Young w/Bob Backlund
Sin Cara
Jack Swagger
Mark Henry
Braun Strowman
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel

Female Singles (7)
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Nia Jax
Paige
Summer Rae
Alicia Fox
Dana Brooke

Tag Teams (6)
The New Day
Enzo and Big Cass
Gallows and Anderson
Goldust and R-Truth
Dudley Boyz
Shining Stars

SmackDown
Male Singles (15)

Dean Ambrose
AJ Styles
John Cena
Randy Orton
Bray Wyatt
The Miz with Maryse
Baron Corbin
Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio
Kane
Kalisto
Zack Ryder
Apollo Crews
Erick Rowan
Mojo Rawley

Womens Singles (6)
Beckly Lynch
Natalya
Naomi
Alexa Bliss
Eva Marie
Carmella

Tag Teams (5)
American Alpha
The Usos
The Ascension
Breeze and Fandango
The Vaudevillains

What are some feuds that might come out of these Rosters?
Will the Divas Championship be reintroduced for Smackdown?
Will there be a Tag Team Championship for Smackdown?
Will there by a World Title for Raw? or should Ambrose lose at Battleground - Smackdown?