TEW/PWS Wrestling Simulators Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So far one major change I've noticed simming is that the new tour specific contracts has Japanese companies signing people from all over the world for just one tour, this is really cool so far

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also I like the new Cverse art a lot ngl

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
1722131516623.png
OMG there's an OLLIE tribute show in the database :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Their dormant TV show is called Bollywood Wrestling, I'm excited to see that debut once they grow enough for a broadcaster which I don't think will take too long

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
1722191710988.png

Japanese company's long time named "PRIDE" tour now has rainbow graphics uh oh that's gonna piss people off

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
One thing that is a little annoying about the AI companies backstage drama having news articles generate now is that you see literally all of them like below, these are all from one show.

1722191906273.png

I don't even think it's a viable change so I doubt I'll even suggest it on the forums, but I wish it could just be a screen on the EILL Television report to see all of these backstage headlines and read about them instead of them all on the main news page. But overall, I'll take this bc I love seeing more of the game world as a spectator, it's just gonna be crazy once the indie companies all get weekly TVs on WrestleWorld and there's way more shows everyday seeing all the headlines lol

Reactions: Death By Looch

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
Downloaded and testing the demo out now. ZEN playthrough, of course. Some expected changes and updates here, lore wise, most of which is alright (happy for Vortex to get the ZEN contract, he's always been one of my go-to banger guys, bummed Dastardly gave in to the big money Raw offer, he's always been the obvious focal point of my ZEN playthroughs). I wish there was a bit more lore changes, I think there's been only one company closing down. I'm happy that the Aussie/Oceanic talent have progressed surprisingly nicely, I usually start a 0/0/0/1000 save with the aussie new guys so this'll be grand. Surprised Rob Edwards and Surfer Dude Lucas are still unsigned, but that just means they get to be the backbone of my company now.

The booking comittee/inner circle stuff is a fantastic way to breath life into things, I'm definitely going to have fun with that. Love these suggestions, now when I give a guy I don't like a wallowing loser gimmick he might be able to pull it off and be worth something. Looking at you, Azazel.

The new art renders are... Eh. I strongly dislike the photorealistic change, much prefer the classic 3D cartoony vibes. It feels much more digestible when I can just google a 3D render of some fictional dude from a video game (see: Star Fox) and add them to the worker pool. Yeah they'd still stand out, but now it's even more obviously so. The borders around the workers designating their company or stable is a great touch, though.

An option of trans workers (and an asexuality option! I feel seen!) is fantastic, something that honestly 95% of people are going to skip over but I love it.

The new angle booking is kind of a slog to get through and seems like a lot to deal with, at least until I get the hang of things. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, or getting overwhelmed by the sheer options.

The UI hasn't improved but I've grown used to the 2020 version, so. Oh well.

I'm not hating it, it does feel more like a sidegrade to the 2020 version and I wish there were a few more lore updates, but I can definitely see myself sinking a buttload of hours into this one. At least after I finish up my run in 2020, just about taken ZEN to near-medium size without throwing in extra shows, which is... surprisingly benevolent.

So, yeah. Those are some of my shit takes. What do y'all think?

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My only issue with the new angle writer is it's kind of a slog to add the workers if you're booking one with a lot of people especially if you want to be realistic and include all the background members of a stable that may not be doing anything important in the angle for completion purposes. Otherwise it's basically exactly what I wanted with how it functions

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@Jazz Wolf I just did a deep dive in the rosters of a lot of companies and I'm agreeing with you more about the art. I think the realism looks great for most companies, but for Lucha and ZEN especially, it's such a downgrade The masked workers were such a high point of the old art, and a lot of them just look like they got drafted into the gritty 2010s DC universe now. I still think non-masked workers look a lot better now, but yeah I'm sad at how some of my favorite luchas look. Crime Buster especially should be a sin itself.

Reactions: Jazz Wolf

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
One thing that is a little annoying about the AI companies backstage drama having news articles generate now is that you see literally all of them like below, these are all from one show.

View attachment 85014

I don't even think it's a viable change so I doubt I'll even suggest it on the forums, but I wish it could just be a screen on the EILL Television report to see all of these backstage headlines and read about them instead of them all on the main news page. But overall, I'll take this bc I love seeing more of the game world as a spectator, it's just gonna be crazy once the indie companies all get weekly TVs on WrestleWorld and there's way more shows everyday seeing all the headlines lol

Simming a little more of the Cverse now, he said in the latest patch he toned down the amount of these and it's very noticeable so far

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
@Jazz Wolf I just did a deep dive in the rosters of a lot of companies and I'm agreeing with you more about the art. I think the realism looks great for most companies, but for Lucha and ZEN especially, it's such a downgrade The masked workers were such a high point of the old art, and a lot of them just look like they got drafted into the gritty 2010s DC universe now. I still think non-masked workers look a lot better now, but yeah I'm sad at how some of my favorite luchas look. Crime Buster especially should be a sin itself.

It feels like a LOT of the masked guys got the short end of the stick, and considering ZEN being... Well, ZEN, it means that the more unorthodox or out there characters wind up looking like uncanny valley mannequins. I went from usually pairing Crime Buster with Urban Fox for a high charisma lowcard technico team to... Well, nothing right now because it's still just the demo, but boy is it going to take a while to get used to it just because the updated look is so jarring. (And oh my god I just noticed Vortex and Devilfish's updated renders. MY SHOW STEALERS. WHAT HAPPENED.)

In saying that, a lot of the non-masked workers have come out much better, I agree. Even on the ZEN roster, Trevor Feather's render is downright joyful, and the free picture pack suddenly has so much more variety than 40% of it being generic bald white dudes who look like potatoes staring gormlessly at the viewer, so that's definitely something neat when I try out a new worker only save.

I guess that's the tradeoff. I just wish there was a middle ground between the old look and the new one, or at least a toggleable option, or something.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah playing for a few years and having the auto generated workers start populating more and more (especially in companies like RIPW that will be made up entirely of them after a bit) will look a lot better, I hated most of them previously lol

Reactions: Jazz Wolf

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Screenshot 2024-08-03 101658.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 101933.png

Screenshot 2024-08-03 102148.png

downloaded the newest modern day mod at the time and decided to play through as NWA in 2024, I gutted the whole company except Colby, Da Pope, Bram, Kenzi Page, EC3, Trevor Murdock, and Cyon. I also gave ownership to Tom Prichard and brought in a whole new roster and put them on Youtube & Roku for Powerr. These are my stables atm.

Reactions: Chris