TEW/PWS Wrestling Simulators Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I'm low key interested to see how smaller companies end up in the Cverse, like ACPW, PSW, CZCW, and SNP, and if any of them end up becoming bigger players. I'd love to see a Medium sized ACPW.

I'd also actually prefer to have Medium split up into two different sizes: Cult and Medium. I think Cult should be the early Medium size where rising costs and written contracts become a thing but getting TV is a little more difficult and Medium is finally getting over the hump and allowing for more "mainstream" broadcasters to air your stuff.

Reactions: L3G4CY15 and Chris

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
I posted this over in a BTB thread but figured I’d post here in case some don’t read it.

If anyone ever wants any help with their BTB or a save they aren’t posting either creatively or just someone to brain storm or bounce ideas off of please feel free to message me. I wish I had the time and energy to play my save more frequently and post it here. So I’d love to help anyone with theirs anyway I can, whether it’s just as simple as giving my opinion on something or you want an “assistant booker” “right hand man” whatever I’m just a message away.

L3G4CY15

Reaction score
Before I started my save I decided to ask Gemini to structure something like this and this is what I got back and kind of used as a guide for my save. I didn’t use PWF, I used WCW because it’s a modern day mod and had new WCW logos that aren’t used so I went with it. I was really impressed by Geminis help tbh, I made a few minor tweaks to what it provided.

Pro Wrestling Federation (PWF) - Where Wrestling is a Sport

Concept: The PWF presents professional wrestling as a legitimate competitive sport, with a focus on athleticism, teamwork, and strategy.

Structure:

Teams: The roster is divided into permanent teams of 4-6 wrestlers. Teams can be co-ed or single-gender.
Seasons: The PWF operates on a seasonal schedule with playoffs to determine champions. A season could last 6-12 months.
Matches: Matches are structured with a points system based on specific criteria:
Takedowns: Points awarded for successful grappling maneuvers.
High-impact moves: Points for impactful maneuvers with proper execution and safety.
Teamwork: Points for successful tag-team maneuvers and coordinated attacks.
Submissions: Points awarded for successful submission holds that force a tap-out.
Pins: Matches can still end in pinfalls, but award fewer points than submissions.
Standings and Stats: Each team's points are tracked throughout the season. Individual wrestlers accumulate stats like takedowns, successful pins, and assists.
Championships: The team with the most points at the end of the season wins the championship. Additional championships could exist for individual achievements.
Referees: Referees enforce the rules and award points based on the established criteria. Replays and challenges to point deductions can be incorporated.
Presentation:

Commentary: Announcers focus on athleticism, strategy, and team dynamics. Plays can be broken down and analyzed like other sports.
Medical Staff: Emphasize safety and showcase the athletic conditioning of wrestlers.
Minimal Kayfabe: Wrestlers maintain their characters, but storylines focus on team rivalries and championship aspirations rather than over-the-top theatrics.
Benefits:

Appeals to a wider audience: Fans of traditional sports may be drawn to the athleticism and competition.
Emphasis on teamwork: Highlights the collaborative nature of professional wrestling.
Statistical analysis: Provides a deeper dive into the performance of wrestlers and teams.
Fresh approach: Offers a unique twist on the professional wrestling industry.
Challenges:

Balancing entertainment and realism: Striking a balance between exciting action and maintaining a believable points system.
Fan acceptance: Wrestling fans accustomed to traditional storylines might need to adjust their expectations.
Wrestler training: Wrestlers may need additional training in grappling and athletic performance.
The PWF model offers a unique take on professional wrestling. By emphasizing athleticism, teamwork, and competition, it aims to attract a new audience while still delivering exciting in-ring action.

Thoughts? Questions?

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Last journal entry is up, price is confirmed to still be 34.95. Demo is out tomorrow and you can play 3 in game months, no time for the release though

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So this should be fun. Randomized my user character and starting company and here we go

1722101764259.png

1722101787199.png

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So far I've booked 3 tour shows and my first big event, game through me starting with a tour ongoing and I can't look at past results since they don't exist so I basically just used those 3 shows to slap a main card together lol I haven't messed around with the inner circle yet at all, I default had a locker room leader already in this company. I have good candidates for other roles, but I'm weary that they'll want more money if I appoint them and I'm not in a place to spend a lot right now with SAISHO. I did add the previous booker to my booking team, that seems like it's going to be a fun feature. I half autobooked the tour shows them changed them around to what I wanted, I think that's what I'll be doing going forward except for tournament ones, can't be asked to generate lower card multimans 12 times a month.

Gonna start a second save just to sim now to see how the world plays out on Beta.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So far I've booked 3 tour shows and my first big event, game through me starting with a tour ongoing and I can't look at past results since they don't exist so I basically just used those 3 shows to slap a main card together lol I haven't messed around with the inner circle yet at all, I default had a locker room leader already in this company. I have good candidates for other roles, but I'm weary that they'll want more money if I appoint them and I'm not in a place to spend a lot right now with SAISHO. I did add the previous booker to my booking team, that seems like it's going to be a fun feature. I half autobooked the tour shows them changed them around to what I wanted, I think that's what I'll be doing going forward except for tournament ones, can't be asked to generate lower card multimans 12 times a month.

Gonna start a second save just to sim now to see how the world plays out on Beta.
Any major differences in companies? Any closures, openings?

Is OLLIE still somehow alive?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky

Nah OLLIE was the token "company in the old version that shut". Mexico's looking more monopolised by the second, we need a schism on the level of CMLL/AAA

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Ollie was the only one that didn't make it in the 2 year jump :(

The only new company is a small India based one that was expected after last games addition of the area.

Most companies didn't have significant changes except some indies getting on wrestle world so they start in a stronger position. The top companies in America and Japan have stagnated with old talent rn so those regions are ripe for change

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So far in my sim I'm loving that you see other companies backstage incidents and how they handled them

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Damn, did ACPW rise from Small to Medium?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
1722118339229.png
This is the new Indian company, they have a lot of financial backing so shouldn't die quickly or anything

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Damn, did ACPW rise from Small to Medium?
It's only been two years, most companies didn't see major changes. They're currently tiny but after a few months will reach small lol

Reactions: Bobby Barrows