Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube_share;zWksdyp0utA]http://youtu.be/zWksdyp0utA[/video]

After purchasing the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise back in 2009 and announcing plans to create a new CGI cartoon series last year – Nickelodeon has finally released a premiere date for the highly-anticipated animated TV reboot. Season 1 kicks off Saturday, Sept. 29, at 11 a.m. with a one-hour special event; the entire season will consist of 26 half-hour episodes.

For those unfamiliar franchise, TMNT follows a group of four baby pet turtles that are tossed in to the sewer where they are exposed to toxic waste that mutates them into 5-foot anthropomorphic ninja crime fighters. Trained by their human-size rat mentor, Splinter, the turtles – along with their friend, intrepid human reporter April O’Neill – battle the evil forces of The Shredder and his criminal organization known as the Foot Clan.

Unlike the considerably criticized (and recently shut down) Michael Bay movie reboot, The Nickelodeon version will remain truer to the much-beloved ’90s cartoon, with the exception of a few cosmetic changes. In the official network release, Nickelodeon had this to say about the upcoming TMNT cartoon:

“[TMNT will be] Funnier and with more Ninjutsu than ever before, the show will explore the companionship of four teenage brothers learning to rely on themselves and one another as they unravel the mystery of their existence and grow to become the heroes in a half-shell that they are destined to be.â€

Along with the trailer, Nick has also released details on the star-studded voice cast for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Jason Biggs (American Pie) as Leonardo
Sean Astin (Lord Of The Rings) as Raphael
Greg Cipes (Teen Titan) as Michelangelo
And from the original Ninja Turtles series, Rob Paulsen as Donatello.
Joining the core team is Avatar the Last Airbender‘s Mae Whitman as April O’Neil, Hoon Lee (Royal Pains) as Master Splinter, Phil LaMarr (Justice League) as Baxter Stockman and finally Kevin Michael Richardson (Penguins of Madagascar) as the villainous Shredder.

Nickelodeon’s TMNT character sheet (click to enlarge)

It may just be the nostalgia talking, but it’s kind of exciting to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back on television with its trademark ’90s origin. Sure, the idea of giant mutant crime-fighting turtles is a weird one – but as a kid it seemed to make total sense. Although this new this new series will mostly be geared towards children, it still might be easier for adult fans to choke down than the alien origin story Michael Bay is pushing for with his movie reboot of the franchise.

Am I the only person that thinks this looks god awful?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Looks like shit to me.

No Uncle Phil as Shredder -_-

Pete

Reaction score
I think the big news there is - YAY! No more Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles!

:vuvu:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
"Trademark 90's Origin"? TMNT were created in 1984, and as far as those origins go, Shredder was killed in issue #1, and the story of how the turtles were exposed to the ooze fell in line with Daredevil's origins, the 90's cartoon had the origins of the turtles as 4 teenaged humans who came in contact with turtles and the ooze(meaning any kid could become a Ninja Turtle).

As far as this show goes, aslong as its better than that crappy live action show where they tried to introduce a female turtle to the group, I will watch it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Some of us are only familiar with the movies and cartoon series.

I didn't read comics as a kid, I was too obsessed with wrestling, hockey and pretty girls......in that order.

Closest thing to comics I read was Archie comics.

Stupid Archie, just go with the rich chick and cheat with the blonde, problem solved.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh jesus, jut let the franchise rest in peace.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
@Deezy, that was what I wanted to point out, according to the old cartoon it was 4 teenaged humans mutated into turtles. The 4 baby turtles being thrown into the sewer following a toxic waste spill(that is the same spill that gives Daredevil his powers) is from the comics, most people would remember the cartoon history.

@Legion, the new comics are taking the property in the right direction, taking pieces of old stories and retelling them. Like all 4 turtles started out with red bandanas in the original 84 comic, the new comics explain that while Raph was missing the other 3 wore red to honour him and later took their own colours. Out of the 30+ comics I buy monthly, TMNT is by far my favorite story.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
@Deezy, that was what I wanted to point out, according to the old cartoon it was 4 teenaged humans mutated into turtles. The 4 baby turtles being thrown into the sewer following a toxic waste spill(that is the same spill that gives Daredevil his powers) is from the comics, most people would remember the cartoon history.

@Legion, the new comics are taking the property in the right direction, taking pieces of old stories and retelling them. Like all 4 turtles started out with red bandanas in the original 84 comic, the new comics explain that while Raph was missing the other 3 wore red to honour him and later took their own colours. Out of the 30+ comics I buy monthly, TMNT is by far my favorite story.

I've never heard this mutated humans into turtles version. I think everyone would go with the movie version of 4 turtle and a rat getting the ooze spilled on them and then acting like teens.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The humans mutating for the cartoon was also used for Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, & Baxter Stockman, the only character I can think of that started as an animal was Slash(who was Bebops pet snapping turtle). These origins were only used in the 90's cartoon & Archie Comics(who turned the turtles into the child friendly trademark everyone thinks it is, in just the first Malibu issue there are more than 20 kills by the turtles).

The movies are actually fairly close to the comics, except the turtles goto space not back in time, and the Utroms(aliens that look like Krang, yet Krang is not an Utrom) run TCRI. So if you have seen the first 2 live action movies, you basically know the first few issues of the comics.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
We're referring to different cartoons. Apparently cause in mine the turtles themselves were always turtles.

The origin story in the television series differs greatly from that of the original Mirage Studios comics. In this version, Splinter was formerly a human being, an honorable ninja master named Hamato Yoshi. Yoshi was banished from the Foot Clan in Japan after being deceived by the seditious Oroku Saki, who pinned Hamato Yoshi's dogi to the wall with a knife, preventing him from kneeling before their sensei which was seen as an insult. When Yoshi removed the knife, the sensei was again insulted believing Yoshi was drawing the blade in opposition to him. Exiled from the ninja clan, the disgraced Yoshi moved to New York where he was forced to live in the sewers.

While living in the sewers with the rats as his friends, Yoshi one day found four turtles, recently bought from a pet store by an unnamed boy who accidentally dropped them in the sewer. Yoshi returned one day from his explorations around New York to find the turtles covered with a strange glowing ooze. The substance caused the turtles, most recently exposed to Yoshi, to become humanoid, while Yoshi, most recently exposed to sewer rats, became a humanoid rat, and started going by the pseudonym "Splinter".

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Turtles of the 80s and 03 were always Turles. If you want a detailed history of all the turtle timelines, watch the movie Turtles Forever which was used to connect he 84, 03, and original comic while also referencing all the movies and adaptations.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I could have swore that was used for the turtles as well as Splinter in the cartoon, then am I thinking of the surfing frogs, or was there an episode that the turtles became human, or is Wiki simply unreliable? it has been about 20 years since I last watched an episode so it could even be my mind.

I dont remember all that much from TMNT Forever, other than all the "Archie's" reminded me of "03" Michelangelo, and all the "Malibu's" reminded me of Raphael, and they turned Hun into Slash.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
In the 80s cartoon Splinter and Yoshi were the same being. The mutagen made him into Splinter. The Turtles mutated from coming into contact with the mutagen and Yoshi before he became a rat.

In 03 Yoshi was a guardian if the utrom race. They basically combined Shredder and Krang as he was Saki in his exoskeleton and to the public, but was really an utrom like Krang, named Shrell. Yoshi was killed, splinter scratched the face of Hun and got his ear slashed by Shredder before being throw from a window, then he would venture into the sewers and meet 4 baby turtles he cared for. Then they would be splashed by mutagen. Splinter ages into an adult, they became kids. When they meet April and Casey, they are all 15 years old and differ in age with Leo being the oldest, then RAPH, then Don, and then Mikey.

The short fated next mutation live action series of the 90s introduced a bs sister in Venus and said they weren't brothers. They are best known for that Power Rangers cross over

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I still wonder why they had California surfer accents instead of New York accents.