SummerSlam Main Event?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
I understand that Seth is a chicken shit heel much like JBL was. But that character made sense for JBL. JBL is fat, unathletic, and just a brute. I can see that gimmick working well.

Seth, on the contrary, is fast, cut, and Beth prescie in the ring. The opposite of JBL. I just don't think this image suites him well.
I understand your thoughts but I think if Seth won his matches any other way, the fans might begin cheering for him instead. I'm sure Hunter doesn't want this. Heels usually have help or avoid being pinned in 3 or 4 way matches. Seth could have had a love interest helping him, but I think that's been done a bit much recently.

Last edited:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I understand that Seth is a chicken shit heel much like JBL was. But that character made sense for JBL. JBL is fat, unathletic, and just a brute. I can see that gimmick working well.

Seth, on the contrary, is fast, cut, and very prescise in the ring. The opposite of JBL. I just don't think this image suites him well.

You could say the same thing about CM Punk, and look at how he was booked in late 2012/early 2013. Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Triple H are other examples of guys who were athletic and sound in the ring but who still exhibited the traits of a coward at times.

It's not that I disagree entirely, but like Kia said, heels are supposed to find ways to keep people from liking them and not being able to win most of your matches clean is one way of doing it. Seth being a coward is one of my least biggest criticisms of his writing and booking.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Seth's very impressive indeed, so seeing how he's booked as a coward, meh, I just don't buy it. @edge4ever was spot on with his JBL comparison, it's the sort of thing they're going for, it doesn't fit Rollins' look though, because he can kick some serious ass. It's like he's on the verge of a face turn in the back of your mind because there's no way a guy like that is a coward.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
You could say the same thing about CM Punk, and look at how he was booked in late 2012/early 2013. Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Triple H are other examples of guys who were athletic and sound in the ring but who still exhibited the traits of a coward at times.

It's not that I disagree entirely, but like Kia said, heels are supposed to find ways to keep people from liking them and not being able to win most of your matches clean is one way of doing it. Seth being a coward is one of my least biggest criticisms of his writing and booking.
The difference between all the guys you said and Seth is this: they didn't always need people in order to win. Sure, most of the time, they have used help. But triple h could still win on his own, Shawn could, and cm punk. Id prefer Seth to cheat on his own more often than not, rather than have 20 people involved every match.

Seth could barely, and I mean barely, beat Dean on his own and he got lucky.

Seth exhibits a coward literally 100% of the time. Hopefully this starts to change now, but the examples you gave are no comparison.

My biggest worry with Seth is his cowardice. It may have been fine while he was MITB but now it's old and he needs to be a little more credible. He can cheat; just the 20 man pile ups every match needs to end.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The difference between all the guys you said and Seth is this: they didn't always need people in order to win. Sure, most of the time, they have used help. But triple h could still win on his own, Shawn could, and cm punk. Id prefer Seth to cheat on his own more often than not, rather than have 20 people involved every match.

Seth could barely, and I mean barely, beat Dean on his own and he got lucky.

Seth exhibits a coward literally 100% of the time. Hopefully this starts to change now, but the examples you gave are no comparison.

My biggest worry with Seth is his cowardice. It may have been fine while he was MITB but now it's old and he needs to be a little more credible. He can cheat; just the 20 man pile ups every match needs to end.

I agree with that completely, and it's actually one of the main grievances I have with his character that I just didn't feel like typing out in my last post. If Seth could win the majority of his matches on his own - even if it were by nefarious means because there's still a lot of merit in managing to get the job done on your own - then that would make a world of difference to his character in my eyes.

On top of that, the people watching Seth's back are pussies anyway. "Hollywood" Hogan was a chickenshit heel, but he also had the most bad-ass faction of all time watching his back. Ric Flair had the Four Horsemen. Shawn Michaels had Diesel (and later Triple H and Chyna.) Triple H had D-X. Look at who Seth has in comparison - Kane, who has long become a jobber that no one takes seriously, and J&J Security, who are meant to be comedic characters. He literally hides behind one of the biggest jokes of a faction that any main eventer has ever hid behind in wrestling history. To make matters worse, these guys rarely even help him to win matches anyhow. Their interference usually involves them simply jumping into the ring and causing a disqualification.

And last but not least, he just loses way too often. How often? This often: http://www.profightdb.com/winlossrecord/seth-rollins-3328.html

Reactions: edge4ever

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
It's possible Hunter is surrounding Seth with people he trusts. If Seth ever needed advice while Hunter isn't around, he might talk to Jamie or Joey instead. It sounds silly but Hunter might just see Seth as his little brother and wants to protect him from bad apples.